Forums Latest Members

Opinions on this 2265.80 Seamaster

1. chocopanet Aug 30, 2020

Hello and good day. I'm planning to get a Seamaster quartz, initially my choices were the 2541.80, 2221.80, and the 2265.80. Unfortunately the prices for the 2221 are a bit over my budget, plus I figured the 2265 looks quite different compared to most other dive watches out there. This watch, if the purchase goes through, would be my second dive watch, the other being a Seiko SKX.

I would appreciate some thoughts or opinions regarding this particular watch that I found for sale for around 1400 USD, or opinions about the 2265 in general. I haven't tried any 41mm SMP in person yet, I'm not too concerned with the watch diameter, only the lug to lug which I believe is 47mm? My wrist size is 16cm.

Anyway, here are some photos from the listing. Thanks for reading.

omega2.jpg omega1.jpg 7.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg

janice&fred likes this.
  2. wolfe44 Aug 31, 2020

I have nothing of value to add except I really love that reference

3. chocopanet Aug 31, 2020

No worries, thanks for the reply. I really like this reference too, especially this particular example that I showed. The outer box appears to be filthy, and I think it's missing the pictogram card, but based on the pictures I'm pretty happy with the condition of the watch and with the inclusions.

That said I would still appreciate opinions, in particular with regards to the originality of the finish, or if I missed something.

4. chocopanet Sep 2, 2020

Anyone? Would this be a good purchase for $1400 or should I look for other examples?

I could check it personally in a few days but I would still appreciate some advice or opinion from the SMP experts on this forum ::book::