Forums Latest Members
  1. arcadelt Aug 28, 2017

I know that here on Omega Forums members with the ability to sell also have the ability to post in others' sales threads, but I'm not sure if it is kosher to actually discuss there the quality or price of the item for sale. To that end, I thought it prudent to start a seperate thread to seek opinions from the learned gentlemen of OF on this 105.003-64.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/ome...l-complete-set-included-stamped-papers.62703/

http://thewatchcollector.co.uk/product/omega-speedmaster-ed-white/

IMG_3404.JPG

IMG_3402.JPG

IMG_3401.JPG

IMG_3400.JPG

IMG_3398.JPG

IMG_3397.JPG

While I think @Fattony has provided a pretty honest description, in keeping with the adage "aide-toi, le ciel t'aidera" this is what I have noted beyond the seller's declaration about the general condition and replacement parts:

* The hands are so clean in comparison to everything else under the crystal, I wonder if they might be service replacements?
    * From the sale site photos, is it possible the 12 hour totaliser is not resetting correctly?
    * Judging from the information in these threads (https://omegaforums.net/threads/spe...designs-calling-all-64-ed-white-owners.45695/ and https://omegaforums.net/threads/the...thread-show-us-your-facets.61910/#post-772658) it looks as though facets have been added at some point in its past, or it's the exception that breaks the previously established rule.

Any other observations would be very welcome - thanks.

2. Tom Dick and Harry Aug 29, 2017

I know Tony very well and he is a close friend and a stand up guy, I've seen this watch in the flesh and its 'lived a life' which adds to the charm for many (I prefer my watches more manicured to be honest) and is nice because it has its box and papers and the warranty booklet is complete and matches the watch etc.

I will avoid making further comment on the watch but as it as me who did the research on the 64 '1 year only' case design I thought it was worth noting there a few people have 64's that do have facet edges as per my original post. I think the consensus remains that there is a 1 year only 64 case band/ middle case but not all 64's were fitted with them as there are enough examples with facet edges to indicate that both designs where used (although will we ever know if the facets were added at service by a diligent watch maker). What is certain is that the non facet edge middle case/ case band was only used in the 64 models but additional information appears the they could have still had a tiny facet that was virtually unnoticeable

Edited Aug 29, 2017
  3. SgWatchBaron Aug 29, 2017

Service replacement crown, pushers (99% sure). Hands are highly likely to be service replacements, or original but repainted and relumed.

kov and Tom Dick like this.
  4. Maitreyoda007 Aug 29, 2017

Saw this watch too. Not too expensive I guess, even if the crown/pushers are serviced, it comes with the boxes and papers.

5. Fattony Aug 29, 2017

Thanks for the feedback gents, Ive attempted to be as transparent as I can on this one, its an honest watch that has seen some action. I was attracted to the watch because it had box and papers and I love the 'lived in but loved' appeal of the watch, especially the mottled brown dial.

There are plenty of 'polished and prepared' watches out there but in a world where honest tool watches are premium this one in my humble opinion is pretty honest and comes with all the boxes and papers, which are all stamped and complete and match the watch.

I felt the hands were original but more than happy to reflect on the feedback of others that they could be tritium service hands or originals repainted during service. Ive changed the strap since photographing it for the website as the worn croc ones let the watch down and so I have fitted a period black shark skins band with the original buckle.

Anyway, thanks as ever for the honest and transparent feedback, its always useful and constructive.

Tony

MaiLollo likes this.