Opinion wanted - vintage 30T2 jumbo

Posts
4
Likes
0
Watch being sold locally, by a trusted dealer. Recently serviced by a watchmaker.
As far as I checked, the references match the watch.

I would like help on checking authenticity and overall opinion of the community.

If you feel it is a redial, I would appreciate comments on the overall apparent quality of the work.

The price being asked is around 1.2k us dollars. Have in mind this is being sold in a country that has high tax over imports, so usually watches are bought and sold at a ~ 50% higher price then europe or USA.

I aprecciate the attention.

I am sorry by any spelling errors, as english is not my first language.

 
Posts
8
Likes
6
I’m far from an authority on this but the significant spillage of ink outside the boundaries of the numerals doesn’t look good to me. I’ve never confirmed a redial through that detail alone, but I’ve also never seen a confirmed original dial with so much spillage.

Also the OMEGA spelling looks off to me. Usually you see a flat A (fluckiger dials) or a pointed A (Stern dials), but this is somewhere in between, and the letters themselves are more stretched than you usually see.

Hopefully other actual experts can weigh in, those are just my quick thoughts so take them with a grain of salt.
 
Posts
42
Likes
91
Hello!
The dial has been restored.That reference is 35mm, excluding the crown. It's not jumbo
The seconds hand is unfamiliar to me in the context of the 30T2, but I prefer not to offer an opinion on that point.

Best regards.
Edited:
 
Posts
3,646
Likes
7,756
The seconds hand is unfamiliar to me
These hands with drop counterweight are not uncommon for the era but this one has been painted red
 
Posts
4
Likes
0

Hello!
The dial has been restored.That reference is 35mm, excluding the crown. It's not jumbo
The seconds hand is unfamiliar to me in the context of the 30T2, but I prefer not to offer an opinion on that point.

Best regards.
Hello, thanks for your input. Could you offer more into the reasoning of your redial conclusion. I am not disagreeing, just would like to know the reasoning so that I also could improve in the future.

Also, being a redial, how do you feel about the quality of the work?
 
Posts
4
Likes
0
These hands with drop counterweight are not uncommon for the era but this one has been painted red
Hello! So, in your opinion, the hands may be the originals, only red painted?
 
Posts
18,763
Likes
38,977
I realise that dials from that era were nowhere near as perfect as they are today, but that "OME GA" is definitely an indication of a redial IMO.
 
Posts
264
Likes
522
Just a general comment about these watches - they are wonderful. I love mine.