Omega 30T2 Jumbo 39mm 1946: Dial Authenticity Check

Posts
3
Likes
1
Hey everyone! I’ve been a longtime follower of the page, but this is my first time actually needing some help.
I came across what seems like a really good deal on a watch listed as an Omega Calatrava Jumbo 39mm with a 30T2 movement. The seller says everything is original, including the dial, but I’m having some doubts.
The Omega logo doesn’t quite match others I’ve seen from that era. The spacing and shape look a bit different, and the word “OMEGA” itself seems off to me - especially the “G,” which looks noticeably larger than usual.
The serial number points to 1946, and the movement looks correct from what I can tell. Still, I’m not experienced enough to be confident on the dial, and that’s the part that’s bothering me the most.
I’d really appreciate any insight from those who know these vintage pieces well. Am I overthinking this, or does something look wrong here?
Thanks so much in advance - you guys are always super helpful
 
Posts
8,246
Likes
29,135
Um...photos would be more than helpful...😏
 
Posts
18,732
Likes
38,884
If it's listed as a "Calatrava", I suspect there'll be more bullshit in the description.
 
Posts
3,296
Likes
9,909
What does calatrava even mean? Isnt it some PP model?
 
Posts
18,732
Likes
38,884
What does calatrava even mean? Isnt it some PP model?
It's ONLY a PP model.

Sellers fluff up their descriptions in the hope that "Calatrava" will yield a few more $.
 
Posts
7,774
Likes
14,367
Using the word 'Calatrava' for a non-PP Calatrava is like slapping the word 'Oyster' on any high water resistant sport watch. So you could have an Omega Oyster Seamaster......just doesn't work.
 
Posts
13,624
Likes
18,979
Actually, advertising a watch an “Omega Calatrava” is like advertising a latter-day 2-seater Ford Thunderbird as a “Ford Corvette”.

It makes no sense and is quite annoying.
gatorcpa