Forums Latest Members

My last watch of the year is an Omega...

1. pozer Aug 3, 2018

Hello to the forum - my first thread here. I've had decades of pent-up demand for watches, apparently. About 30 years ago (sheesh) I traded a suit for a 1950s Rolex Oyster with a waffle dial. Then really nothing until this year, when I happened to see an ad for an Oris Divers 65. Major spiral ensued.

Next was a Speedmaster Pro (.005), then a 114720 Explorer, and then the grail - a 1969 1016 (old Explorer). I bought and received this, my last watch of the year, before even receiving the 1016. Let me tell you that this is an absolute stunner. Looks far better in person than in pics. It's the 38.5mm Skyfall with the brushed bracelet - perfection.

Has this happened to you? Did it happen to you? After the Speedie, I did decide to buy watches I thought would increase in value. The newer Explorer is a Z series, eg, and the Skyfall is pretty hard to find.

Anyway, thanks for reading, nice to meet you all, and have a happy weekend! Jack oaq.jpg

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Aug 3, 2018

Last watch of the year? I am not sure where you live, but where I am at we still have just under 5 months left in 2018 :D

My watch collecting definitely followed a path similar to yours. After having one watch for 30 years, I decided to look for a replacement. That led me to Sinns, and then to Omegas, and within a year I had 3 new watches. (I will not discuss the following 2 years... ::shy:: )

3. pozer Aug 3, 2018

I can hope. Actually, Grand Seikos intrigue me but the dials just don't do it for me. And I think they're very thick. But yeah - I think I'm going to save for a 1675 next year, or the year after. Will report back after the next watch, next month ;)

4. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Aug 3, 2018

Yes, this happened to me too.

The Blue AT is a favorite of mine, I have the 42mm.

You should check out the Ploprofs. :)

5. pozer Aug 3, 2018

Those are very retro-cool.

Taddyangle likes this.
  6. sevykor Aug 4, 2018

The watch for every moment. Very classy!

7. ptfly Aug 4, 2018

Love the skyfall. That size in particular is just about perfect to me. It is one I keep an eye on in hopes one might fall into my lap. I tried the new version AT in 38 and it just didn't do anything for me. Oddly preferred it's big brother more.
    You have a very nice collection. Like it was said before there are still a few months left in the year. Not eyeing anything?