One man’s junk…another man’s treasure

Well I shouldn’t say it was his junk. My father was a collector of all sorts his whole life, and recently I inherited a bunch of his random stuff. In a cigar box labelled any item 5$ this case was mixed amongst other little items. It obviously caught my
Attention once I opened it, leading to hours spent trying to learn exactly what I had found and what else about it. I still am keeping my hope that the watch itself is somewhere in these things, but regardless I am happy to have found this before it disappeared at a garage sale to a random kid.

I’ve garnered from research and others assistance that obviously this was all part of an originally purchased 2767, made in 1954 based on serial number 14xxxxxx. Also I am somewhat confident that the hang tag also describes it being a Center seconds (SC), and a stainless case (CK), with a rotor automatic 28.1 or 28.10 movement, calibre 351 or 354? Not sure why 2 options. Then I don’t know what the AP is representing, maybe dial type? Anyways, very cool to me to find this stuff out.

The strap obviously never been worn or installed so I’m assuming he upgraded to another band when purchasing it, so this whole package has sat closed up until now from the day of purchase.

Obviously without the matching watch to the tags serial number, it’s not a huge discovery, but what I wonder is would buying a watch matching the rest of the tags details, and combining it with this package, make it desirably attractive at a price that makes that worth while? Or else sell the items together, or part them out?

Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated ! IMG_4194.jpeg IMG_4196.jpeg

Is this a scam? (didn't we see this box + strap before?)

Is this a scam? (didn't we see this box + strap before?)
Maybe you’re confusing it with my eBay pick up from a couple years ago?

IMG_2473.jpeg

Same box, same strap, same story, recent thread, can't find now

Same box, same strap, same story, recent thread, can't find now
On watch useek. Yes I posted it there first. Why would I be scamming anyone, yikes.

Was it on Reddit too maybe, that could've threw me off, I don't visit WatchUseek 😀

Was it on Reddit too maybe, that could've threw me off, I don't visit WatchUseek 😀
Yes it was. Where I am not known as a scammer of any sense of the word. Sorry but maybe a bit quick on tainting the well with that kinda comment man.

That’s some fine InvestiGatorizing Evan. And a nice stap.
This was not mean to cast any aspersions on our OP.

It is what it is, a link to my response to OP’s same question on WatchUSeek. No need to repeat myself.
gatorcpa

And it’s just that easy to change the narrative of an otherwise honest and above the table topic. Just a simple comment and instantly the next person completely unfamiliar to the topic is already on board with it in error. All it takes in some groups of people who are familiar with one another, an offhand one sentence comment based on absolutely nothing, the persons admittedly own aloofness, that is enough. Folks don’t realize not everyone’s life’s are so bullet proof to be unaffected by what may seem small to yourselves. You probably think this is unnecessary and you’ve done no harm, but not everyone is in the same shoes. I obviously as the original posts imply am here trying to garner information on something potentially valuable that I want to understand to realize that full value out of. Something like this, proven by how quickly the next fellow was on board and for no other reason too just from reading the scam word, DOES effect the outcome of other peoples lives. The internet is still real life. But the guys that need to hear this probably didn’t bother reading past the first sentence. That’s the saddest part of humanity these days, no empathy for anything or anyone below where people in their own minds stick themselves on some ladder of society. But it’s ok. I am sorry for having to make my feelings about this so loud, but when your shoulders are loaded down already, even the smallest straw can be the one that breaks the camels back.

Thanks gator for trying, I do appreciate that very much so.

Wall of text.
If you are legit, it's a nice strap and box. Pair it with a watch and it might add some to a resale value, but very possibly not anymore than just selling on ebay. You would have to get a watch at a good price and that is not easily done.
You don't have sale privileges here so good luck to you.

Wall of text.
If you are legit, it's a nice strap and box. Pair it with a watch and it might add some to a resale value, but very possibly not anymore than just selling on ebay. You would have to get a watch at a good price and that is not easily done.
You don't have sale privileges here so good luck to you.
Was I trying to sell it here at all? Absolutely not, please show me where. As I said up front I’m looking to gain knowledge from the people who have it and are willing to share it, so I can decide what my path forward with it is. The thing is, a group dedicated to this specific type of product and even more specific to the brand, will carry a lot of potentially interested parties when and wherever I do go to sell it if that’s what I decide. Hence my comment being very relevant. And you sir?

Ending with “You don’t have sale privileges here so good luck with that” talk about a pretentious, arrogant comment, and in all, just a passive aggressive, comment reeking of small man syndrome. Really would hate to give a guy the feel for how anyone from outside the group gets welcomed here when they come doing nothing apart from sharing original relevant first hand subject matter to gain more insight from some experts in the subject. I’ve never had such a bad experience on a forum ever and that’s saying a lot coming from a Reddit user.

Was I trying to sell it here at all? Absolutely not, please show me where. As I said up front I’m looking to gain knowledge from the people who have it and are willing to share it, so I can decide what my path forward with it is. The thing is, a group dedicated to this specific type of product and even more specific to the brand, will carry a lot of potentially interested parties when and wherever I do go to sell it if that’s what I decide. Hence my comment being very relevant. And you sir?

Ending with “You don’t have sale privileges here so good luck with that” talk about a pretentious, arrogant comment, and in all, just a passive aggressive, comment reeking of small man syndrome. Really would hate to give a guy the feel for how anyone from outside the group gets welcomed here when they come doing nothing apart from sharing original relevant first hand subject matter to gain more insight from some experts in the subject. I’ve never had such a bad experience on a forum ever and that’s saying a lot coming from a Reddit user.
Wow! Get over yourself. We get many noobs with backward sales attempts.
I gave you straight up advice and I sincerely think that an ebay sale auction is your best bet to maximize your profit.
Do what you like.
I may even bid on it.
PS
"Pretentious, arrogant, passive aggressive, small man syndrome"...you sure can read a lot into a few lines of free advice and facts.
Edited:

Way to chase away a potential contributor! Gresham’s Law in action.

So he said he may want to sell at some point and is interested in maximizing value. So what? How many of you pearl-clutchers have sent him PM’s with purchase offers yet?

Maybe you all should read all the responses over on WatchUSeek to see how to treat new people who are actually honest and polite about their intentions. BTW, they don’t even allow discussions of value on that board.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother.
gatorcpa

Wow! Get over yourself. We get many noobs with backward sales attempts.
I gave you straight up advice and I sincerely think that an ebay sale auction is your best bet to maximize your profit.
Do what you like.
I may even bid on it.
PS
"Pretentious, arrogant, passive aggressive, small man syndrome"...you sure can read a lot into a few lines of free advice and facts.
Bruce, if you want to call your original comment straight up advice when it started with “if you are legit” and ended up with another attempt at making sure it’s clear that I’m just a peasant among kings, yes you indeed did succeed! I actually am laughing that you are claiming to have given straight up free advice and I should be thanking you. But anyways, this is not something I am here to spend time doing. I forgive you and hope you can do the same to whoever put that chip on your shoulder at some point in life.

Now I will do you the same kindness of offering some advice but mine is truly that. Take the blindfold off man, and look in a mirror, take a good look inside your own eyes and realize that at the end of life, all you get to keep is your soul. Doesn't matter what kind of life you lived, and how many struggles you encountered, or times you were wronged. What matters is knowing you truly tried to give something back to the world that gave you the privilege to have been part of it.

Bruce, if you want to call your original comment straight up advice when it started with “if you are legit” and ended up with another attempt at making sure it’s clear that I’m just a peasant among kings, yes you indeed did succeed! I actually am laughing that you are claiming to have given straight up free advice and I should be thanking you. But anyways, this is not something I am here to spend time doing. I forgive you and hope you can do the same to whoever put that chip on your shoulder at some point in life.

Now I will do you the same kindness of offering some advice but mine is truly that. Take the blindfold off man, and look in a mirror, take a good look inside your own eyes and realize that at the end of life, all you get to keep is your soul. Doesn't matter what kind of life you lived, and how many struggles you encountered, or times you were wronged. What matters is knowing you truly tried to give something back to the world that gave you the privilege to have been part of it.
Again, you are looking for offense that isn't there.
I am a happy content fellow who already won the internet today. Go look up a share price chart of Nvidia for the last 7 years.
Also I'm 4th gen Canadian of Irish decent. It's possible that we have much in common.