One man’s junk…another man’s treasure

Uhh. I like those ones much more😎😀
nosbands33.jpg

new4.jpg
Wow impressive collection holy smokes! What’s the range of years those span? Out of all of those I’m surprised you don’t have this same one!

And it’s just that easy to change the narrative of an otherwise honest and above the table topic. Just a simple comment and instantly the next person completely unfamiliar to the topic is already on board with it in error. All it takes in some groups of people who are familiar with one another, an offhand one sentence comment based on absolutely nothing, the persons admittedly own aloofness, that is enough. Folks don’t realize not everyone’s life’s are so bullet proof to be unaffected by what may seem small to yourselves. You probably think this is unnecessary and you’ve done no harm, but not everyone is in the same shoes. I obviously as the original posts imply am here trying to garner information on something potentially valuable that I want to understand to realize that full value out of. Something like this, proven by how quickly the next fellow was on board and for no other reason too just from reading the scam word, DOES effect the outcome of other peoples lives. The internet is still real life. But the guys that need to hear this probably didn’t bother reading past the first sentence. That’s the saddest part of humanity these days, no empathy for anything or anyone below where people in their own minds stick themselves on some ladder of society. But it’s ok. I am sorry for having to make my feelings about this so loud, but when your shoulders are loaded down already, even the smallest straw can be the one that breaks the camels back.

Thanks gator for trying, I do appreciate that very much so.

Apologies if you felt that way, and condoleances for your recent loss. We went through something similar recently and going through inherited items to decide what to do with them is really mind tiring. Good luck with this.

If you stick around, and I realise it wasn’t the most convincing start, I am sure you could eventually find a nice 2767 to pair with the strap. You can monitor the eBay recommends listings from our senior members, or the private sales on the forum.

It will be hard to find a NOS head like the strap, but with patience definitely possible to find a very good example. It’s not a rare reference, but if this has sentimental value, then you can take your time. In any case, you probably would wear such a watch on a different strap, to keep this one intact.

I am not entirely sure about maximising value there - because you’re starting with the strap/box then adding the watch. Usually it works best the other way around, given the watch-head is the most expensive part.

Good luck with the search.

I have to agree with the OP and @gatorcpa here, the hostile or dismissive comments were uncalled for and
don’t reflect well on the community IMHo.

@Irishcanadian welcone to the forum, and condolences for your loss.

I have to agree with the OP and @gatorcpa here, the hostile or dismissive comments were uncalled for and
don’t reflect well on the community IMHo.

@Irishcanadian welcone to the forum, and condolences for your loss.
Hey man thanks all around I appreciate the kind vibe.

I don’t scare off that easy so I’ll be around and picking the brains of some of the knowledgable experts here along the way (hopefully). Thanks again.

When I read the first post I couldn’t have seen how this would evolve - very disappointing. The OP ticked the boxes of having done his own research and providing pictures and I expected to see some really good information on the hang tag and strap being shared. To the OP I think your “ wall of text” as it was described was justified and meaningful. Condolences on your loss and please stick around. Lovely item by the way.

When I read the first post I couldn’t have seen how this would evolve - very disappointing. The OP ticked the boxes of having done his own research and providing pictures and I expected to see some really good information on the hang tag and strap being shared. To the OP I think your “ wall of text” as it was described was justified and meaningful. Condolences on your loss and please stick around. Lovely item by the way.

Paddy, thank you for your kind words and also for your understanding my frustration in the situation. I was also looking for some friendly explanations and insights. I still have hope, and comments like yours here as well as some of the other folks earlier encourage a guy not to just cut and run.

I Really appreciate you appreciating my original posts included content and the intent as well.

Wall of text.
If you are legit, it's a nice strap and box. Pair it with a watch and it might add some to a resale value, but very possibly not anymore than just selling on ebay. You would have to get a watch at a good price and that is not easily done.
You don't have sale privileges here so good luck to you.

If you want my NSHO, This was a bit snotty.

If you want my NSHO, This was a bit snotty.
Thank you for the concern, perhaps,"wall of text" was snotty and got the OP looking for the most offensive interpretation of what followed. The preceding was IMHO uninterrupted typing with no mention of watches, straps or Omega.
The rest of my post was informed opinion on maximizing profit answering OPs question that prior posts had not addressed. Fact: you must have 200 posts to sell on OF, so no sales privileges, not arrogant, just a fact.
"Good luck to you" was just that, no double entendre, no sarcasm intended.

What I got back from OP was adhomonym and shame attacks which many here seem to be fine with including our moderator.
Please note for the record, that I have not indulged in name calling, insults and psycho- analysis of hypothetical evil intentions on anyone's behalf in any post ever on OF.
In future I will add lots of emojis to help readers discern my intent. I do tend to be direct and brief in posts (this one excepted) because it's my nature and I'm usually on my phone.
Cheers👍

All we have is the text, so when reading it, we set that expectation early on, so yes, a dismissive "wall of text" ... then "if you are legit" ... followed by "sale privileges" put together, possibly came off as snobbish.

So yes, that's kind of what emoticons (emotion-icon) were designed for and would be perfect to help soften any unintentioned malintent. 👍