On Watch boxes (storage)

Breathless, so impressed with the effort you are all making to preserve all those beautiful precision time pieces. I stand humbled.

I just upgraded to this stackable watch box. It makes it really easy to get it in and out of the safe. I purchased it on Amazon. It's Wolf brand and under $70 if you buy both trays at one time.

Perfect for holding the Speedmaster Decades Collection. 😀

dsc_0645-jpg.663742

dsc_0644-jpg.663746

How do you like the stacking box? I think i like it because you can keep adding (for an ever expanding collection 😉 but I’m unsure if I want to commit yet... I am considering the Wolf brand 10 watch box with drawer

How do you like the stacking box? I think i like it because you can keep adding (for an ever expanding collection 😉 but I’m unsure if I want to commit yet... I am considering the Wolf brand 10 watch box with drawer

I like it because I can easily get it in and out of the safe. My 10 watch holder case had to be slanted a bit to get in and out and it was more of a hassle, plus it did not fit all my watches, so I had some watches in another box. With the stacking trays, I really like that I can easily move the watches around so that I keep the ones I most often wear in one tray. And as you mention, the other draw for me is I can easily expand with another tray. I thought I would be able to use my 10 watch holder and pair down, but this is not reality, so I bought the two tray stacking system. More realistically, I can hopefully get away with a 3rd tray, but that still may not be realistic. So maybe a 4th tray... you get the idea.

There is a opening on the rear, I have no idea what is it. Does anyone know?

upload_2018-12-4_18-23-45.png

The trays are pretty decent quality given the price. Fits the Speedmasters well, but a little tight for the Ploprofs.

upload_2018-12-4_18-25-12.png

Hi guys,
I am thinking of asking MrsCanberra for a funky watch box for my birthday. Not a mass produced one, but more of an artistic one, like
man-jewelry-watch-box.jpg
Or
il_570xN.569418535_hca7.jpg
Or
63383.189408.jpg

Do you have any cool artistic watch boxes?
B gets my vote

I like it because I can easily get it in and out of the safe. My 10 watch holder case had to be slanted a bit to get in and out and it was more of a hassle, plus it did not fit all my watches, so I had some watches in another box. With the stacking trays, I really like that I can easily move the watches around so that I keep the ones I most often wear in one tray. And as you mention, the other draw for me is I can easily expand with another tray. I thought I would be able to use my 10 watch holder and pair down, but this is not reality, so I bought the two tray stacking system. More realistically, I can hopefully get away with a 3rd tray, but that still may not be realistic. So maybe a 4th tray... you get the idea.

There is a opening on the rear, I have no idea what is it. Does anyone know?

upload_2018-12-4_18-23-45.png

The trays are pretty decent quality given the price. Fits the Speedmasters well, but a little tight for the Ploprofs.

upload_2018-12-4_18-25-12.png
this is helpful. but now I am torn all over again.

Ok, after getting a bit hacked off with a (seemingly reputable and well established) watch box seller on amazon advertising damaged or out if stock items. Can anyone suggest a good brand of watch box? Ideally one that holds 12. I was after something similar to the Rapport Captain’s box. I have a couple of chepo Wolf winders and they are ok. But not that impressive and I’ve seen a few of their simple watch storage boxes and the ‘pillows’ are v small and boxes did not impress me that much tbh. Rapport seem to have discontinued their ‘12 watch’ boxes so maybe I’ll just have to buy two smaller capacity units.

Any other options out there. Ideally available in the UK.

Many thanks.
Edited:

Ended up getting this one. Will have to wait to see if it is any good or tat.
I am thing to buy one of these boxes. Can you make a picture with watches inside, open and close?

I ask because I bought a Beco Box and the cover could not be closed when watches were inside the box. 😲

I am thing to buy one of these boxes. Can you make a picture with watches inside, open and close?

I ask because I bought a Beco Box and the cover could not be closed when watches were inside the box. 😲

Away at the moment so can’t take any pics, but in terms of size/depth there are no issues closing the lid. I have some large (thick) watches - including a Planet Ocean Chrono which causes no problems. So unless you have something freakishly big then you should be fine.

Some amazing boxes in here, i just get the cheapo ones from Amazon. Guess I should up my game...

I just got the Wolf Windsor 10 Piece Box with Storage and am loving it! IMG_2181.jpeg
This looks fantastic. The storage drawer is a real plus

Bought this one for £12 on Ebay to keep wearable watches in it.

IMG_1734.jpeg

Ended up getting this one. Will have to wait to see if it is any good or tat.
how was this working out for you? i am looking into one of these for myself.

I deply regrett nit buying non of these Smythson boxes that was on sale🙁
CE2EE625-FD3F-48AB-BA74-726BEC49F8F1.jpeg 8004ADB6-9B85-489A-98EE-598A854476F3.jpeg F847ACA8-62DE-4596-B0CE-2102D45D6565.jpeg DBECB9D9-B6BC-4849-BC01-6662F81BCD57.jpeg 956F19B5-5AD8-4A38-94C9-1D7B288380EE.jpeg C515368F-A6E4-45B4-A983-FF061A955FE4.jpeg

I’m a big fan of Smythson but it ain’t half expensive, helps I don’t live too far from their Bicester outlet store but still. I’m always curious how many ‘new and unused’ Smythson watch rolls are on eBay, they must be fake.

I have a Wolf Windsor on bedside table but I’m forever catching our lad with his grubby fingers in there so the good stuff lives in a Pelican case in the safe!

Edit: just realised my post is a bit off topic, apologies.
Edited: