Forums Latest Members
  1. omegacollector Dec 23, 2020

Hey ya'll! So excited to share my new OMEGA Seamaster Diver 300M that I purchased over at Bob's Watches. (this is my first ever Omega watch so I hope its the right one - it was right in my budget). The watch is in pristine condition, basically brand-new and was 50% lower than what I could find it for on any other site. So happy I went with Bobs as I also got a box, papers, and a warranty. Such a great deal and now I finally have my first OMEGA! Definitely check out the OMEGAs over at Bobs:
    https://www.bobswatches.com/omega/

Proud of this one guys! Let me know what you think of it. Also, obligatory picture of the new watch (more professional ones to come!)

IMG-8113.jpg
    Malum, Stewart A, Walrus and 4 others like this.
  2. Syzygy Dec 23, 2020

Nice! Welcome to the club;)

omegacollector likes this.
  3. Malum Dec 23, 2020

Congratulations, she’s a beut! Always buy from tried and true seller .

Edited Dec 23, 2020
  4. Thrasher36 Dec 23, 2020

Congratulations, Very good choice of seller and watch.

omegacollector and Foo2rama like this.
  5. EricCsN Dec 23, 2020

nice watch. good complication.

surprised to see that this is your first omega given you are already an OF member for 4 years and your callsign name (omegacollector)

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 23, 2020

Bob's is down the street from me. Good people.

omegacollector and EricCsN like this.
  7. PhotonX Dec 23, 2020

Great watch. I purchased one watch from Bob's and it was a great experience.

Wear in good health!

8. EricCsN Dec 23, 2020

you lucky human (politically correct)

Zapatta and omegacollector like this.
  9. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 23, 2020

Not really, as it is derogatory to all of those who have not been lucky. Expect repercussions for that statement, and possibly being cancelled.

MtnMarine, flw, Zapatta and 3 others like this.
  10. Walrus Dec 23, 2020

Oh I’m glad to hear good things about bobs. They ran a fast one when I tried to sell a Rolex but nice to hear you found a good watch at a good price. I’ll check them out again, maybe it was just the guy I was dealing with

11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 23, 2020

Yours is the only bad one I’ve heard.

they are not exactly cheap though... you pay for the safety of dealing with a professional and large shop.

12. scapa Dec 23, 2020

Nice piece, congrats. That's some holiday cheer, right there.

May just be me, and being hitched to a journo and editor, but the above bolded reads a little like advertorial copy. I've cross-shopped Bob's more than once, and while I've heard plenty of good things about their level of service, I had them pegged as pricier than many -- no biggie, since they seem to be about buying with confidence rather than competing strictly on price.

Anyhoo, it's a lovely piece and looks great on the wrist. Wear it in excellent health.

bernhard, Fusion, Engee and 1 other person like this.
  13. omegacollector Dec 23, 2020

Lol great catch! Been a fan for such a long time but never had the burning desire (or let's be real the budget) for a true luxury timepiece until now.

wagudc and EricCsN like this.
  14. omegacollector Dec 23, 2020

definitely. my buying experience with them was super easy

15. omegacollector Dec 23, 2020

Thank you very much! :)

16. Walrus Dec 23, 2020

Well I’m not going to bash bobs but my experience of selling them a watch and being told several different things I found was not unique. I won’t go through it all here. Bottom line they have nice stuff. But I was surprised to read the gentleman found this piece quite a bit cheaper than other places he looked. When I got my speedy automatic I did use a bobs type place as I wanted the safety of the guarantee and not being as astute as many here I wanted to make sure the watch was authentic. Now I am a bit more confident in my ability to tell the real thing. I will be picking up a more modern seamaster be it here or other sources but I will search bobs again just to see what I see. The more options the better.

Benbradstock and Foo2rama like this.
  17. Benbradstock Dec 23, 2020

Nice watch, but for the record also not a big fan of Bob’s.

18. Fusion Dec 25, 2020

Definitely reads like a Bob's ad ::book::

But if you have good intentions and this is true then congratulations!

Walrus likes this.
  19. Walrus Dec 26, 2020

Ah I took a look a I didn’t see anything 50% cheaper than I could find other places and they did play games when they attempted to buy my rolex but I hope the OP is happy with his purchase.

20. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 26, 2020

History shows a few questions about where to buy previously so more of just a happy camper with he’s first expensive watch who found a good deal and happy to tell people. :thumbsup: