Forums Latest Members

Omega Watch Repair in New Jersey

1. Peter Y Yeung Mar 24, 2022

Hello Gents,

New member here, trying to get my late uncle's Omega Speedmaster re-assembled. Yes, you heard that right. Don't know why he decided to take the watch apart, but this was nearly 15 years ago.

I digress, is it even feasible to have it repaired? It's all in small pieces obviously. Can anyone recommend a a shop, or would this be a total loss?

Any suggestion will help.

2. MTROIS Mar 24, 2022

I wonder if the Omega Service Center in Secaucus would take on such a project (you may want to ask an Omega boutique), otherwise, I would suggest that you contact the watch lab of Hamilton jewelers in Princeton. Eric Norrbom and JC Figlar, their watchmakers, have both worked on many of my Omega watches and are some of the best in the trade.

This would cost you a minimum of $800, which is the cost of a full service, ASSUMING that you are not missing any costly parts.

Do you happen to know the reference of the watch? There is likely a number stamped on the inside of the watch case back.

Keep us posted.

ryankelly likes this.
  3. Peter Y Yeung Mar 24, 2022

thanks for the info. I don't have the watch in my hand, but my relative did just take a picture of it. I thought I saw small cogs and other small parts over 10 years ago.

Here is a grainy picture

IMG_9895.jpg
  4. Peter Y Yeung Mar 24, 2022

5. Cayohuesovespa Mar 25, 2022

Tough call if omega SC will touch it.
    Call Nesbit's in the Seattle area. They do all of my omegas...
    Super nice people. Family run business and easy to talk to on the phone about issues.
    You can thank me later when your watch is done!

6. Donn Chambers Mar 25, 2022

That’s a Speedmaster Reduced, with a chronograph module attached to a base caliber. Looks to me (and I’m no expert) that your uncle (or a watchmaker he hired) removed the base caliber from the module (or vice versa) then stopped when they realized they couldn’t do anything else.

your best bet on this is to send to Omega — they will replace the entire chronograph module with a refurbished one as that’s easier and faster. Many independent watchmakers won’t touch one of these module chronograph movements because it’s a pain to work on.

Edited Mar 25, 2022
  7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 25, 2022

Omega will replace the entire movement, and with this one in the state it's in, that will be quite expensive...

8. Peter Y Yeung Mar 25, 2022

How much is this watch worth in good working condition in the used market?

9. BradleyJ. Mar 25, 2022

worth? not sure but you can find em for sale for around 2500usd give or take if that helps