Forums Latest Members

Longines watch repair in New Zealand / Australia

1. Leedsy Apr 12, 2024

Hi
    I’m new to this forum and need a bit of advice. I’ve just inherited my father’s longines wrist watch that was bought for him for his 21st birthday in 1959. It doesn’t work currently and needs a strap. It’s very special to me and I’ve love to get it repaired and wear it for special occasions. I live in New Zealand, but I’m not sure if there’s anyone here who I’d trust to do a good job on it, so I’m expecting to have to post it abroad. If anyone may be able to cast a light on what model it is, and where I could get it repaired I’d be very grateful.

many thanks

IMG_8102.jpeg IMG_8104.jpeg
  2. TexOmega Apr 12, 2024

Welcome

Sorry for your loss, nice heirloom

we have members from your area that can suggest watchmakers, they’ll be posting.

Leedsy likes this.
  3. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Apr 12, 2024

Welcome to the forum @Leedsy, sorry for your loss.
    May I recommend you create a thread with a title explicitly indicating you’re seeking a watchmaker in New Zealand?
    Hope you get some good info, it’s a nice looking heirloom to honor your father.

yonlo likes this.
  4. LesXL Apr 13, 2024

Welcome to the forum.

Your father's memory will be with you even more through his watch.

Aside the above given advices, I'd add not to touch much on the case and dial (crystal to be polished maybe, if not broken) during any service (just the movement).

Leedsy and yonlo like this.
  5. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Apr 14, 2024

Send him an email : [email protected] .Very experienced in Vintage and exactly what you need.

Leedsy likes this.
  6. Boojumhunter Apr 14, 2024

You could also try Nairns in Auckland (I've had a number of watches serviced directly by them, and some sent for refurbishing thru Omega in Bienne):

Nairns Swiss Watch Service (Brian Nairn Ltd)
    Level 5, 79 Queen Street, Auckland, NEW ZEALAND.
    Phone : +64 9 974 4890
    [email protected]

Leedsy likes this.
  7. Pastorbottle Apr 14, 2024

Or you can try my watch doctor, Kevin at “A Watch in Time” 145 Canterbury Road, Heathmont, Victoria, Australia. 3135.
    Ph: +61 9879 6077
    Email: [email protected]
    He’s not cheap,but very good, it may take awhile as he has a lot of work on.
    Wednesdays to Fridays, the shop front isn’t open on Mondays and Tuesdays as he is too busy concentrating on the trickier repair to deal with interruptions
    He absolutely loves watches, his eyes light up when he talks about them

8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 14, 2024

Was just about to suggest Marcus, probably one of the best NZ options.

Leedsy and watchyouwant like this.
  9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 14, 2024

I just googled the website. Marcus is wearing that blue/white stripe polo shirt I saw him often wearing when he was in Melbourne thos many years ago.

He either likes the style or he bought a container full at auction :D.

10. Leedsy Apr 14, 2024

Thanks for everyone’s advice, I have contacted About Time in Auckland NZ, and will ship the watch to them in the next few days.

watchyouwant likes this.
  11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 15, 2024

Condolences…….and thats a nice looking Longines in good condition :thumbsup: :thumbsup: