Forums Latest Members
  1. Stufflers Mom Sep 18, 2019

I don't know, but the eurozone prices are already much higher than the UK.

rominvicta likes this.
  2. rominvicta Sep 18, 2019

Yep, this is precisely the case!

3. Stufflers Mom Sep 18, 2019

And the 5% will close the gap, but the UK price will still be cheaper, an example is Dublin, the prices are crazy for Omega.

rominvicta likes this.
  4. Speedy2254 Sep 19, 2019

The new Moonwatch I got last August for £2800 is beginning to look like a VERY good buy...

Thrasher36 and rominvicta like this.
  5. Stufflers Mom Sep 19, 2019

€4715 in Dublin.

6. Owlsu Sep 21, 2019

It's going to push the Speedmaster from £3800 to almost £4000 exactly. Yikes.

I remember when they were £2000 odd.

7. Evitzee Sep 21, 2019

That's still cheaper than most markets, and it's still miles behind a Daytona's price.

Thrasher36 and Speedy2254 like this.
  8. Speedy2254 Sep 21, 2019

And it's a nicer watch (*lights touchpaper & tiptoes away*) ..

Als 27, Sidnos, Caliber561 and 2 others like this.
  9. saulgoodman Sep 21, 2019

Good point. Pardon the slight deviation in theme, but smart watches are becoming more common every day and technological advances will make them as indispensable as the cell phone in short order. Omega and Rolex can raise their prices as much as they like, but they better have a plan for the vacuum that is headed their way when the older generations that are accustomed to wearing traditional wrist watches as tools give way to the tech hungry generations coming up. Who would have thought that baby boomers would have no hard lines in their homes by early in the 21st century? I haven't had one for years. This has the potential of making the invention of quartz watches look like a blip on the radar. I know this will draw some wrath, but I truly believe traditional watch wearing will evolve into more of a hobby in the years to come and it is up to the industry and the surrounding support to keep the interest alive. I hope I'm wrong!

BenStolz, marco and Thrasher36 like this.
  10. ck2503 Sep 21, 2019

Well, chances are that mechanical watches will survive better than quartz ones to a "smart" crisis...

Sidnos likes this.
  11. saulgoodman Sep 21, 2019

I'm not sure what you mean. I think if we took a count it would be clear that quartz watches by far outsell mechanical watches in today's market. Quartz owns the lion's share of the wrist watch market, and that is not likely to end any time soon. Forums are a captive audience, but in the real word most watches are battery operated. That, in combination with the fact that it is mostly the older generations that favor mechanical, and the younger generations that favor quartz, tells me that the odd man out is mechanical. Will there always be a segment of the population that prefers mechanical? No doubt about it. However, as the older generations go by the wayside chances are that younger people who grew up with quartz, and now smart watches will stick with those choices. That is why I say that in order to preserve a hold on the watch wearing population the big mechanical watch companies are going to have to create good will and accessibility for younger people. At present they are doing everything but that.

marco and Thrasher36 like this.
  12. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Sep 21, 2019

Who knows what will happen, it’s all just opinions right now. Here is a contrary one from a couple of years ago:
    https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...echanical-martenero-omega-frederique-constant

That article makes one point I do agree with. Modern mechanical watches are, quite frankly, jewelry for men that is socially acceptable by all. Most men buy them because of the way they look, and because of the way they think they make themselves look. I do not think smart watches have, or will, fill that niche. But only time will tell, no pun intended!

Lurk41 and Thrasher36 like this.
  13. Hamish02 Oct 1, 2019

Well this happened.

5.2% on the FOIS and the Pro has increased. Makes browsing the site a lot harder :(

14. rafabond Oct 1, 2019

in Europe it remains at the same price, in the United Kingdom possibly because of the drop in the pound it has made the price increase, and when Brexit is made the price increase will be greater,

15. Ian_km Oct 1, 2019

Hesalite Speedy is now £4k on the UK website, quite some rise given they've not updated it yet.

Especially considering 18 month ago I paid £3k from a UK high street AD (admittedly with discount).

16. Martin_J_N Oct 1, 2019

My initial views this morning were that the price increase hadn't taken place but for some reason there are differing prices on the Omega UK website.

It would appear that Omega is in the middle of updating its website for the UK, the watches on the homepage are at the increased price but when you go into the collections the watches are at their old price, so the Seamaster driver (bracelet) is priced at £4170 and £3970, the Speedmaster has the same issue, £4k by via the homepage £3810 via the collections.

Happy that I got my watch at the old price a few weeks ago.

17. Martin_J_N Oct 1, 2019

The SS FOIS is no longer available according to the UK website?

18. Slowpoker Oct 1, 2019

Not to worry, I'm sure its available in the Boutiques and AD's; unless supply dried up overnight...

19. Slowpoker Oct 1, 2019

The price increase has taken place indeed but I think it's a matter of everyone, Omega and their AD's included having to update their listings and prices.

20. JamieG Oct 1, 2019

They must’ve been updating the website when you were looking

819D1696-FB55-4CD4-B48F-0D1A032BBBD5.png 0DE294B2-3F6A-4760-A107-EFDE61962C34.png