Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary in Steel - Expectations

1. nismo May 11, 2019

Please go back earlier in this thread or use the search function in this thread. We've stated it several times now.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/overview-omega-speedmaster-apollo-xi-models/

2. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe May 11, 2019

::yawn::

MCG555, MTROIS and Evitzee like this.
  3. MCG555 May 11, 2019

If you did not get the right info, it does not mean it was not there!
    Maybe you should have a) read a couple more of the now 46 pages and b) filter the right from the not so right info... ;)

Lurk41 likes this.
  4. MCG555 May 11, 2019

:D

kkt likes this.
  5. Ian_km May 11, 2019

First time I’ve heard sapphire, just when I was getting acclimatised to two tone!

Will see what it looks like, then decide 50th or vintage.

6. Lurk41 May 11, 2019

I cannot deny that :)

Still, in my previous post I was only talking about the info we have during / very soon after the 321 announcement, and a little bit before that is was a mistake to announce it without the intention of using it for the 50th (and not telling it right away). The fact the the steel LE won't have the 321 (neither the one I called 3321) and that it will be a 3861, it was known way later (waaaay later AFAIAC), and I digested it since my first "dream" post ;)

So, I still think 321 or improved one would have been better, still think the order they gave the info was a mistake given they won't use it, but won't complain anymore to have the 3861 in the steel LE

7. abrod520 May 11, 2019

Interesting bit of information - out of curiosity, how is the distinction handled when there are actual yellow elements, such as on the DSOTM Apollo 8 watch?

As to the sapphire - how does that compare to the standard Speedmaster sapphire crystal, is it the same part or a new one?

8. Evitzee May 11, 2019

Two-tone!! Sapphire!! Ceramic bezel!! 3861 movement and no 321!! 6969 pcs!! $9.6k!!

Eek!! :eek: It's too much to bear as we throw our collective dresses over our heads and rush to mommy for comfort. Interesting to see grown(?) men getting worked up in a lather about a watch they haven't seen.

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 11, 2019

It's not the same crystal, so the crystal for the 311.33.42.30.01.002 is as follows (same order):

concave

10. Lurk41 May 11, 2019

@Evitzee There will be no fun left once we see it :D

Johnnyb8183 likes this.
  11. Bushido May 11, 2019

At this point, you have made repeated condescending and antagonistic posts in this thread. Other than simple trolling, what exactly is your motivation?

This is an enthusiast forum. Ergo, you will find people express enthusiasm. If the discussion is so irksome, stop clicking into the thread. Let people be excited about what they choose. You're not, we get it, move on.

cmenscher, rbob99, cfracing and 3 others like this.
  12. MCG555 May 11, 2019

This might be from your point of view and with the information you have available (or not)...
    Apparently Omega sees that differently and this - you can be sure about that - has reasons...

13. VjaceCZ May 11, 2019

https://www.fratellowatches.com/omega-caliber-321-back-production/

MCG555 likes this.
  14. MCG555 May 11, 2019

Interesting! Thanks!
    Now would you have also this data from the Hesalith available? I just wonder if they try to replicate the look and feel even closer to the Original...

15. MCG555 May 11, 2019

16. Evitzee May 11, 2019

Oh come on. Nobody is trolling. But some of the diversions we see in this massive thread verge on the odd. Enthusiasm is what it is all about, but when it diverges into silliness it gets, well, silly. All of a sudden in the last day or two real moondust has made its appearance as part of the 50th package, someone else decided that the bezel would be white gold, and we keep getting signals from some that the 321 must be the movement and somehow, magically, Omega will pull a swtcheroo and make it the movement of choice even though it has been confirmed by Omega that that isn't going to happen. Speculation is fun but when it has been confirmed by the manufacturer of various parameters of the watch thinking otherwise is just delusional and non productive. I wouldn't expect many people to read all 46 pages of this tome but new folks drop in and start talking about 'facts' that have already been discussed, and either confirmed or denied. In the last day one poster was talking about what the size of the edition will be even though 6969 pcs has been confirmed multiple times. It makes no sense trying to tell us that the edition will be a different quantity. At this point there are many parameters of this release that are known and they have been discussed many times.

I'm in this gig further than most....I'm financially committed to this watch after having paid 100% of the price of admission (plus tax) over six weeks ago. I want to see this watch as much as anyone else. But I don't get the continued whining on why this watch is wrong when we haven't seen it yet. After it is released there will be plenty of time to pick it apart as to what Omega did right and what they did wrong, and what they should have done. Someone will start another thread at that time as this thread is labeled EXPECTATIONS. Soon it will no longer be about expectations.

uwsearch likes this.
  17. Matty1 May 11, 2019

Do you think a standard updated movement will be shown next week too or is that going to be later?

18. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 11, 2019

This is not been myth busted yet ;) just rumours

19. Matty1 May 11, 2019

Might be a little odd to put the new movement in the standard just yet. I’m sure people are buying the recent LEs and the 50th in part for the updated movement too?....

20. GoBlueJedi May 11, 2019

Maybe I'm just naive, but it seems logical to me for Omega to do a major update on the standard version for the anniversary. On top of that, Swatch Group announced that the entire group would be moving to anti-magnetic balance springs in all mechanical watches in the future. No timeline provided, obviously, but the 50th anniversary and the development of the new 3861 movement seems like as good an excuse as any.