Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary in Gold – Breaking News

1. padders Oooo subtitles! Oct 16, 2019

Well I’ve told you in detail why in the UK it is generally umwise to take deposit for something you aren’t 100% sure you can supply. LE watches fall into this category. Clearly you believe something different, despite seemingly having no knowledge of legalities in question. It’s not illegal to take a deposit, it is unwise to do so if you subsequently fail to deliver.

Archer and Boony like this.
  2. MTROIS Oct 17, 2019

Here is some context on how I got mine: thanks to a fellow OF member who tipped us off on two European OB that possibly had one allocation open!
    Indeed, after I had been waffling for (way) too long (was hoping to find an original one... how naive!), I had eventually missed the boat, ahem, the waiting list here in the US. Upon receiving the lead from this fellow OF member, I immediately reached out to one of the two OBs he had mentioned in an DM to me... and bingo!!

The rest is history as they say. Just got super lucky and do express my most sincere gratitude to this member and the community!

As an aside, I am still patiently waiting for the call to pick up the SS version (full deposit at local OB).

Boony and jpjsavage like this.
  3. kelsey Oct 17, 2019

Managed to weigh mine today coming to 219g all links included :)

Boony likes this.
  4. jpjsavage Oct 18, 2019

It's brilliant to hear about how this community has helped one of its members. Congratulations to all involved.

MTROIS and rominvicta like this.
  5. Boony Oct 21, 2019

Any of you UK owners in London? And of so would one of you be in a position to show me your watch in the flesh? I’m looking to source one and am keen to see one before I go any further.
    Thanks in advance
    Nick

6. jolyon Oct 22, 2019

There's got to be a goldfinger reference in there somewhere..

7. lillatroll Oct 23, 2019

Posted on open forum. But there is a gold model available from Laings in the UK. Cardiff branch. I was in there today. The sales manager said they would ship worldwide if anyone on here is interest. They have not received the watch yet but it is not allocated for any particular customer so first come first serve.

rominvicta likes this.
  8. hansmaulwurf Senior Snoopy Owner Oct 27, 2019

9. drhex Oct 27, 2019

@Boony I am in London, you could come to one of the T4aPs and I’ll bring mine along.

Boony likes this.
  10. Alex06 Nov 1, 2019

[QUOTE = "MTROIS, post: 1330639, membre: 8924"] Montre livrée - Ed. Limitée. # / 1 014
    1) [USER = 5781] @hansmaulwurf [/ USER] - 5x
    2) [USER = 8924] @MTROIS [/ USER] - 32x
    3) [USER = 29181] @ apbb2 [/ USER] - 15x
    4) [USER = 37834] @woogle [/ USER]
    5) [USER = 48] @ Robert-Jan [/ USER]
    6) [USER = 55031] @moyrules [/ USER]
    7) [USER = 24317] @drhex [/ USER] - 69
    8) [USER = 4052] @incabloc [/ USER] -
    9) @Alex06 -16

Attend toujours patiemment:
    1) [USER = 21858] @jpjsavage [/ USER]
    2) [USER = 26836] @Intime [/ USER]
    3) [USER = 54359] @kelsey [/ USER]
    4) [/ DEVIS]

11. Boony Nov 1, 2019

Hey thanks for that... i cant make the November one unfortunately but in December perhaps!

12. MTROIS Nov 1, 2019

13. kelsey Nov 15, 2019

Very quiet thread.
    Anyone else having issues with the band? My clasps been hard to close from the start, thought it’d wear in but hasn’t been the case :(

Also the non adjustability of the bracelet at this price point is really dumb. As someone who likes my bands tight especially on heavy watches at times it becomes unwearable if my wrist expands slightly :(
    I was very shocked when I first had the bracelet fitted to me that it wasn’t adjustable on the fly......should be a no brainer.

14. Pepe Lucas Nov 15, 2019

Have you taken all the plastics. I have an steel version and didn’t realize that there was a plastic where the clasp locks and it was making it hard to close until I took it off. image.jpg

kelsey likes this.
  15. kelsey Nov 15, 2019

Thanks for the reply, just double checked even with a loop but yeah couldn’t see any left over plastic.

16. Pepe Lucas Nov 15, 2019

I wasn’t able to see it right away. It was a couple of weeks after I had it that after touching around that area I was able to lift it a little and found it. Oh well, that was my experience. I hope it gets better with time for you.

kelsey likes this.
  17. Egy Nov 21, 2019

Hi everyone! I have the opportunity to pick this beautiful timepiece at retail price, but it’s quite expensive and someone is suggesting me to go for a full gold Daytona! What do you think? I see that there is not so much rumour about this beautiful timepiece...probably the collectors did not appreciate that Omega put a new caliber instead of the old 321 in the 50th anniversary Apollo 11? They put it in a platinum version...not a good idea, knowing that there were a lot of collectors waiting for a steel version...please help me to decide about the moonshine! I think it’s very very low rated than a Daytona and so I’m
    Not so happy to spend a lot of money...(I like both...) thank you for your feedbacks!

18. sgrossma Nov 21, 2019

I think you are getting a lot for the money. What goes into the production of this watch is amazing. These are still very hard to get and overall holding value well. IMO you can get a gold daytona any time.

19. Egy Nov 21, 2019

Thank you...I agree with you...but I saw a few reviewers on YouTube quite reluctant about this timepiece, nobody is really screaming for it!...so I’m still not completely convinced!

20. sgrossma Nov 21, 2019

Nobody is screaming for it? The Omega pre-sold out allocations in the US 2 days following the original announcement!

Is anyone screaming for a gold daytona?

Dmitie and Egy like this.