Forums Latest Members
  1. Z900rsdude Mar 12, 2021

Morning all from a wet Dorset(UK),
    Please can you advise me what Omega(Southampton in my case), actually do on a watch service, and how much to expect on a Speedy Moonwatch?
    Do they polish and buff the case etc also?

cheers
    Si

2. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m Mar 12, 2021

Dan S, Z900rsdude and DSotW like this.
  3. maximilian g Mar 12, 2021

I'm in Dorset. what watches are you wanting servicing? message me if you would like some help

4. ClaudeR Mar 12, 2021

I had my PO just back from a full service, and they did polish it, although they asked if I wanted that or not.
    Since I bought it used I was happy for it to be polished (and I paid to have the crystal replaced also) so I can put my own marks on it

I have to say they did a really really good job with it, it looks very much like new!!

edited to add this was Omega in Luxembourg, should have read your post more carefully! Presumably quality of service is the same everywhere though

Z900rsdude likes this.
  5. SkunkPrince Mar 12, 2021

Oh, if only that were true!

6. RealFire Mar 12, 2021

Swatch NJ horrible experiences, dont get me started!!

7. SkunkPrince Mar 12, 2021

For me it was the Miami service center.

8. vbrad26 Mar 12, 2021

@SkunkPrince
    What was you issue with Miami? As that would likely be the one mine would end up since I'm in Florida...
    I have no plans to send it off any time soon, or to Omega possibly ever. But just curious since you brought it up...

9. 140dave Mar 12, 2021

I found the LA (Culver City) service center to be excellent. But I did work with them directly and did not go through Omega. You can contact Omega and they will send you labels etc and then they control the process of which service center it goes to etc. At least for LA though, you can also contact them (Swatch Group Service) and send it directly to them bypassing that initial step and saving at least a week. It was also direct contact with the people who would be doing the work (the office, not the actual technician) and that helped prevent any miscommunications IMO.

10. cjoedaniel Mar 12, 2021

Any feedback on the Seattle Service center? That will probably be where mine will end up someday.

11. SkunkPrince Mar 12, 2021

I had a Speedmaster come back with a chrono hand not resetting to zero. Coaxial not keeping time. Speedmaster not keeping time.

Just easy stupid shit. I don't know what their procedures were but they seemed sloppy. I decided to heck with them and I will use Nesbit's for my more modern Omega watches henceforth.

vbrad26 likes this.
  12. Twocats Married... with children Mar 12, 2021

All AD's in Luxembourg send them back to Switzerland to be serviced. The best boutique in my opinion is Kayser and even though Eric is one of the best and repaired many watches for me they still send Omega's back to the source for repair.

Now, with the new OB opening up town its to be seen if it will include a service centre but either way, I will remain loyal to Kayser.

Z900rsdude likes this.
  13. Evitzee Mar 12, 2021

Second the recommendation on Nesbit's in Seattle that @SkunkPrince mentioned, they do excellent work (Omega account for parts) and you can talk to Jan Nesbit and discuss with her exactly what you want done and the options/costs as I had some concerns on dial and hands, and case refinishing. Very proactive. I had a good experience with them overhauling my 49 yo Mark II which came back running tight within specs and they were able to reuse the hands and the 40 year old mineral crystal. Their pricing is pretty much in line with Omega SC pricing.

Edited Mar 12, 2021
    cjoedaniel and SkunkPrince like this.
  14. cjoedaniel Mar 12, 2021

That’s good to know. How long did the whole process take?

15. SkunkPrince Mar 12, 2021

It Depends... on how much has to be done, what has to be ordered, and so forth.

Four to six weeks I should think is average.

cjoedaniel likes this.
  16. Evitzee Mar 12, 2021

Was told current turnaround time was eight weeks, longer than their usual time due to Covid. Took exactly eight weeks.

cjoedaniel likes this.
  17. sherpastar Mar 13, 2021

Have attached a few images of what Swatch/USA will do in the course of a full or partial Omega service, in case they may be helpful.

O1.jpg O2.jpg
  18. padders Oooo subtitles! Mar 14, 2021

To offer a hopefully relevant UK perspective, on a relatively recent piece ie one with Luminova, expect back a watch that looks brand new with a 2 year warranty. A case/bracelet refinish is included in the price and done to factory standards. The problems start when older pieces are sent as that can lead to parts mismatches and patina being removed.

You haven’t said how old your watch is. Whether Southampton is the best choice rather depends on that.