Omega Seamaster Tokyo 2020 522.30.42.20.04.001

A little late to the party but today I joined the Tokyo 2020 Seamaster club!
What a gorgeous watch! It wears very nicely on my smallish 6.75” wrist
Temporary rally strap for now until my blue ostrich strap comes in.

2FB75A5A-82E8-4247-A66C-B3BFF6CDD8CD.jpeg

Real purdy, I'm not normally a white-dial guy but that's very nice. Might have to look into one since I'm a former employee of Omega's sports timing department!

Don't know if it was mentioned already, but my OB said they can no longer order Tokyo 300m edition. Apparently it’s sold out. Of course it can still be available in some OBs or ADs but they won’t release more.

Don't know if it was mentioned already, but my OB said they can no longer order Tokyo 300m edition. Apparently it’s sold out. Of course it can still be available in some OBs or ADs but they won’t release more.

Hoping this will be a good one to own! $$$$

Although I will probably never sell it.

I don’t really care about resale value as I plan to keep it.

I don’t really care about resale value as I plan to keep it.

Oh exactly that, I would also be in trouble as it is a wedding gift from the wife! It's nice to own something extra special.

Seems like very short production, launched around April and early June it was already unavailable

I just wonder if we could ever find out the final production number of these. Originally I saw in the FB and Twitter post that they were going to be a limited edition of 2020 pieces and later changed it to an special edition.

I spoke with my guy at my Boutique and they said there are less than 5 pieces out of all the boutiques in the USA. He also said that they don't know when or if they will be receiving new arrivals so I feel very grateful I picked it up when I could!

I just wonder if we could ever find out the final production number of these. Originally I saw in the FB and Twitter post that they were going to be a limited edition of 2020 pieces and later changed it to an special edition.

I was wondering if / how we can find out how many got produced etc..

happy to share my observations of pre-purchase and post...

It seems that stock allocation has been sparse, when i was buying watch in first week of June i did a lot of searching and it seems like independent ADs maybe would have 1-2 stock items, you could either see that on website if they publish this info or when i call them and ask... I also found difficulties with Mappin & Webb who had one in stock, it was sold and when i asked to call me back with re-stock forecast, they never did.

Then post-purchase I noticed that Omega stopped selling it on their website and in July i called Omega Regent St in London and asked about its availability, they said sorry last piece was sold recently and they could not answer when or if they will ever get it in stock....

Thank you very much. I’m in love with the travel box, now just need an excuse to travel!

I have attached more photos of the travel box. Hopefully your OB offers you one.

I think these are the new service boxes, replacing the old "sunglasses" style. My Speedmaster that went in for warranty work earlier this year was packaged in one of these at the OB on return. Much better for leather bands that can be deformed a bit when squashed into the previous cases.

happy to share my observations of pre-purchase and post...

It seems that stock allocation has been sparse, when i was buying watch in first week of June i did a lot of searching and it seems like independent ADs maybe would have 1-2 stock items, you could either see that on website if they publish this info or when i call them and ask... I also found difficulties with Mappin & Webb who had one in stock, it was sold and when i asked to call me back with re-stock forecast, they never did.

Then post-purchase I noticed that Omega stopped selling it on their website and in July i called Omega Regent St in London and asked about its availability, they said sorry last piece was sold recently and they could not answer when or if they will ever get it in stock....

I think the Bond St boutique had one when I picked up my AT a few weeks ago, might be worth ringing round.

I think the Bond St boutique had one when I picked up my AT a few weeks ago, might be worth ringing round.

I already own one

I already own one
Sorry it was the last bit about calling around that confused me, clearly my reading comprehension is lacking this evening! Anyway, if other London based people are looking I did see one in Bond Street a few weeks ago. Also saw a Pyongchang AT in Regents St.

Well looks like even in CH they are not more ordeareble also, still 1 in OB on hold actually , not a very clear message from Omega at the end