Omega Seamaster: Need Help Confirming Legitimacy

Hi guys, I've always loved watches as an accessory and recently found a new appreciation for vintage watches. I've been eyeing a few Seamasters for a few weeks and decided I was now ready to purchase one with my first big girl paycheck as a reward and milestone. I have reviewed the case back and movement to see if they match what was described on Omega's website and have used the limited photos of similar watches to compare. I wish I would have found this forum before I purchased it, but I would still love some feedback on the watch as to whether it was a good deal or not and any information about it! I would love to learn more about the watch, but it's been hard finding information about it.
All I know is it was made in the early 1960s, 550 Caliber, 14k Gold Filled, and it was part of the Multi-colored line of Omega watches that used gold, white gold, and rose gold together. I paid $425 and it's currently shipping now. I found an old FB post about the line here: https://www.facebook.com/omega/photos/a.134459127210/10151423084037211/?type=3&theater . Thank you!

I don’t know, I mean it looks legit but there is something going on with the case in the “bezel” area. Looks like the lugs may have been polished but I’d wait for the experts to chime in they know much more than I. At 425 it’s not terrible. But did you get any paperwork regarding a recent service, that should run a minimum of 200 if you like the watch and when you get it you like the look and it brings you happiness it’s probably worth it. I hope when you get it you like it. Sometimes our first picks aren’t the best but tbh the first omega I bought had some issues but I still love the things as it was my first and I learned a lot from it I still wear it happily faults and all. By the way regardless congrats on your first big girl purchase and I hope you enjoy the hec out of it. This watch buying seems to a lifelong learning process I hope the experts can say some positive things I’ll say congratulations

Hi! Yes the guy sent over a receipt for a service he had done for the watch December 2019 for $215. I love the watch from the photos, something so unique about the multi-color case.

Hi! Yes the guy sent over a receipt for a service he had done for the watch December 2019 for $215. I love the watch from the photos, something so unique about the multi-color case.
That’s cool if you have legitimate proof of service makes that 425 sound much better. Maybe that bezel thing I’m seeing is the white gold you are talking about. I think a legit vintage with proof of service at the price you payed is sounding pretty darn good. Good on you. Sorry I don’t want to grade your watch we have plenty of people here who can speak with much more knowledge but the fact you are digging it along with the service is sounding positive, that’s a cool thing

That’s cool if you have legitimate proof of service makes that 425 sound much better. Maybe that bezel thing I’m seeing is the white gold you are talking about. I think a legit vintage with proof of service at the price you payed is sounding pretty darn good. Good on you
Thank you! He listed at $590 and I saw it was up for a while so after some negotiating (ty business negotiation class) I was able to secure for a price I was comfortable with.

Thank you! He listed at $590 and I saw it was up for a while so after some negotiating (ty business negotiation class) I was able to secure for a price I was comfortable with.
Ha ha even better. That’s great. I’m not the greatest negotiator a couple people hear have been giving me some tips. The more you say the more I like your watch now

It all looks good from the photos - and if you ever decide to move it on you’ll have little difficulty recouping your outlay.

Look forward to seeing your photos.

Very nice, you did much better than I did on my first vintage purchase. Enjoy it!

US cased? Who's the casemaker? I'm not really familiar with these

That watch his pure '60's snazz and the "Florentine" (or whatever jewelers call it) is a nice touch. I'm willing to bet the thing looks even better once strapped to your wrist, and serviced to boot! At $425 you bought it like a seasoned pro 😁

A nice looking US domestic market 14 Carat gold filled case made by Jonnel Watch case Company for the Norman Morris Company, Omega agents for the US in that era.

The bezel is genuine and has a particular name that I can't recall ATM, maybe somebody can elaborate?

@X350 XJR ?

I have the same one.
Except mine is just gold instead of the tri-gold, but same Jonnel Norman Morris case housing the cal.550.
Your serial # is just 46 digits higher than mine, so it was likely produced in '62.

906268-f691a7e2a51bbf58163f14eee4e7e285.jpg

I think you did just fine at that price.
Nice job, and congrats!
Edited:

Thank you so much guys! Shout out to all the articles I read I guess it was effective haha. I’m so excited.

That watch his pure '60's snazz and the "Florentine" (or whatever jewelers call it) is a nice touch. I'm willing to bet the thing looks even better once strapped to your wrist, and serviced to boot! At $425 you bought it like a seasoned pro 😁
Thank you! I was having a hard time finding similar watches bc I had no idea the finish was called Florentine. Haha don’t call me that yet! It might fuel an a very expensive new hobby.

Thats a clean dial! For comparison sake this was my first vintage purchase 5 years ago. I thought it was the bestest ever. 🤨

This is the first time I've seen the tri-color bezel, it's very interesting and unique. Looks great overall, and I think the price is fair, especially with the service. As mentioned above, everything is consistent with a legit US-cased watch (import code, 17 jewels, the use of 14k gold, etc.), so that FB post seems like BS to me. This was not something created by "Omega designers".

Thats a clean dial! For comparison sake this was my first vintage purchase 5 years ago. I thought it was the bestest ever. 🤨
Beautiful.

This is the first time I've seen the tri-color bezel, it's very interesting and unique. Looks great overall, and I think the price is fair, especially with the service. As mentioned above, everything is consistent with a legit US-cased watch (import code, 17 jewels, the use of 14k gold, etc.), so that FB post seems like BS to me. This was not something created by "Omega designers".
Haha we love marketing?