Omega Seamaster: Need Help Confirming Legitimacy

I wish i had forearms like this, so one or the other of my watches would not look like a stamp.

I wish i had forearms like this, so one or the other of my watches would not look like a stamp.
haha that’s my 5.75in wrist for ya

Thank you! I was having a hard time finding similar watches bc I had no idea the finish was called Florentine.
The fancy bezel seems to have been an option on the Ref. L6298. Some had it, some did not. You can find other examples by Googling “Omega Watch L6298”.

The Omega Vintage Database does have a listing for this model, but there is no information on the bezel and no picture.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-us-collection-seamaster-ll-6298

Your watch is a US market piece, with a US made case and a Swiss Omega movement. This was a common practice by watch companies up through the end of the 1960’s to avoid additional customs charges on foreign made watch cases.

Looks like a very nice example.
gatorcpa

A very funky piece with a classic 500 series movement, from a golden-era in Swiss watch making. A great everyday watch but an even better accessory if you find yourself invited to a 60's theme party, or land an extra role in an Austen Powers remake.

Now you just need a nice strap.

Slim black semi matte finish

Check with a local Hirsch retailer and see if anything available in a short length if needed or regular

DON