Omega Seamaster 60 ref. 166.062 - "Seamaster" font

You are absolutely right. As I said thank you.
And don’t be so quick to say Omega doesn’t have replacement dials for these- it’s surprising how hit or miss they can be on some vintage dial stock. You may want to contact an authorized independent Omega watchmaker (there are several throughout the world) and see if you can get a part # for this dial (and hands as the lume on the hands would match the dial) and see if it’s still available.

Agree. A generic crystal without an etched Omega logo in the middle is completely different to a fake dial that is suggesting it’s something it isn’t.
Personally I’d keep the redial rather than replacing it with a fake. At least the redial has history and is the dial your dad looked at for years.
yes, but It has oxydation starts and in my experience (I work in Oil&Gas industry) I know that oxydated surfaces can be caused by different things, not only by water.. For example different metals like Carbon Steel and Stainless Steel in contact will cause anodyc corrosion.. so having carbon steel particles going all around in stainless steel case it's a really bad thing for the Stainless Steel (as it's the one that oxydates the most in this situation)..
As this will be a very bad thing for the whole watch, not only for the dial, I think I will replace the dial and I'll keep my dad's one in a Dial case.. The thought that crossed my mind just now is that there is no warranty that another aftermarket dial will not create the same issue. So I need to go with an original one. And I need to do it immediately.

You may want to contact an authorized independent Omega watchmaker (there are several throughout the world) and see if you can get a part # for this dial (and hands as the lume on the hands would match the dial) and see if it’s still available.
This is exactly what I need to look for!

yes, but It has oxydation starts and in my experience (I work in Oil&Gas industry) I know that oxydated surfaces can be caused by different things, not only by water.. For example different metals like Carbon Steel and Stainless Steel in contact will cause anodyc corrosion.. so having carbon steel particles going all around in stainless steel case it's a really bad thing for the Stainless Steel (as it's the one that oxydates the most in this situation)..
As this will be a very bad thing for the whole watch, not only for the dial, I think I will replace the dial and I'll keep my dad's one in a Dial case.. The thought that crossed my mind just now is that there is no warranty that another aftermarket dial will not create the same issue. So I need to go with an original one. And I need to do it immediately.

I understand your point but there’s no need to rush. Any restoration needs to be done right, not quick. Many thing can’t be undone once they’re done, and often, vintage watches are messed up as someone went the quick route rather than the right route.

I understand your point but there’s no need to rush. Any restoration needs to be done right, not quick. Many thing can’t be undone once they’re done, and often, vintage watches are messed up as someone went the quick route rather than the right route.
Yes maybe it's just the emotional impact of seeing one of the last things my dad left going messy.. I think I have to take a big breath and wait for the service outcome.. In the meantime I'll try to find the resources that I probably will need.

Further to that I think I need to find a watch that is important for me. This was something important to him..And I will take care of that, but I need to find something that is only for me. I'll figure it out.

And don’t be so quick to say Omega doesn’t have replacement dials for these- it’s surprising how hit or miss they can be on some vintage dial stock. You may want to contact an authorized independent Omega watchmaker (there are several throughout the world) and see if you can get a part # for this dial (and hands as the lume on the hands would match the dial) and see if it’s still available.

Blue dial is discontinued, but the part number is 064PT0810008. The OP might want to search on that to see if by chance someone has one out in the wild somewhere.

The "bordeaux" dial, as Omega describes it, is available - 064PT0810007.

Hands are the same for both and are available.
Hour and minute are 065PP8167.
Seconds is 066UZ1365.

Guys, I think I found one dial on internet!!
See attached the pics they put on the description of the item I found. It has some damage but at least should be original. And it costs 100 euros.. I think it's worth...
Let me know what do we think..
1694958194.jpeg

1694455060 (2).jpeg

1694455060 (1).jpeg

1694455060.jpeg

1694420587.jpeg

Price seems to be on the low side.

I thought the filing on the back where the furniture rivets are is an indication that the furniture has been removed and replaced. I am not much of an expert though, as I come from the era of repainted dials.

I can not really zoom in on the photographs, but something feels off to me. Black dials are often suspect and need more examination.

Hopefully I am wrong here.

I thought the filing on the back where the furniture rivets are is an indication that the furniture has been removed and replaced.

Not necessarily. The small feet on the markers protrude through the dial, and a common way of securing them to the dial when new is to grind them into the back of the dial...

I contacted the guy and I asked if the tritium is still present.. but he said no.. and the new picture I received honestly let me think a lot..... It seems no clear protection paint is present on this dial.. And the color seems a lot darker then before..

1724958289.jpeg

Then I contacted a big Omega service center here in Italy and they explained that the blue dial is not available anymore, only the red is available.. BUT... OMEGA is not selling the part (that costs like 190 €) even to them as this is a vintage one, they only do the redialing service in Switzerland that costs like 800€.. this makes the cost of the service nearly 1000€.. plus the fact that then I have a red dialed Watch with blue bezel.. of course replacing also the bezel is like another 7 or 8 hundred...
this is not gonna work.. but I'll figure out how to resolve it.. This is my first time with vintage watches, but I have a past in 1950's Ducati restoration.. so I know: never give up.
Edited:

in the meantime I find a solution for the dial, does anyone of you knows which was the original bundle of this watch? I mean: type of box for example?