Omega Polaris Titane XL series

I'm interested in the Omega Polaris Titane XL series. It's difficult to find information about these watches on the internet. I believe original this series was aimed at the German market. Does anybody have a link for me to a site with (more comprehensive) information on this series?

Try searching the forum using "Polaris" as the search term. Ignore the stuff relating to JLC and you should find enough to keep you going for a while :)

Yeah there must be some good threads here about these, there were some on TZ-UK and WUS at some point too. If you have any specific questions, go ahead !

I have a few polaris watches in titanium and gold, they always get someones attention..

Not much to find online to the Polaris series and what I have is only some catalogues from that time and the omnipresent "Titan - Gold of the gods" ads :D
but a good place to snoop through availability marketwise Always is C24.

https://www.chrono24.de/search/index.htm?query=Omega Polaris&dosearch=true&searchexplain=1&watchTypes=&accessoryTypes=

You mentioned to be searching for the XL versions of the Polaris then my advise can be omitted to only search for the mechanic versions not for quartz ones. They used to be found quite rarely in the wild but always worth to look for.

Greetings from mine

IMG_5011.JPG

Story 1.jpg
Edited:

only search for the mechanic versions not for quartz ones.

I find the quartz Titane with the 1441 movement quite interesting in own right because it is one of the most accurate non-tethered* watches ever made. Mine is accurate to less than a few seconds per year.

*non-tethered* - not connected to an external time reference (e.g. GPS)

Got you, I also own a Little bunch of Omega quartzer but they normally don't find their way on my wrist. Nice to have and see it in the box but - at least to me - they are battery eating Little monsters and so get no Chance against the others. But need to add that I'm a bit biased on them 'cause they have been my first steps in becoming an Omega nerd and i paid whatever was asked for These days :confused:

I find the quartz Titane with the 1441 movement quite interesting in own right because it is one of the most accurate non-tethered* watches ever made. Mine is accurate to less than a few seconds per year.

*non-tethered* - not connected to an external time reference (e.g. GPS)
Yes, especially since these early TC movements could be regulated by end-users unlike the current ones. It's too bad Omega quickly switched to the 1438, supposedly more reliable. Or maybe because they wanted HAQ to be a Longines exclusive at the time.

For those that may be interested, this is my Titane Chrono. I believe it is the final version (tachy rehaut, radial subdials etc).
IMG20201008161123.jpg

Very nice ! What do you mean by "final" ?

Oh and there is very rarely seen YG with Ti inserts, in fact I only saw it at the Omega Museum...before it was refurbished and now that watch is hidden in the vaults unfortunately.

P1000736_resize.JPG

From mine non-chronograph Polaris there also exists a "final" version which is pretty hard to find. Tried it for several years after acquiring mine but wasn't able to, unfortunately.

OmegaTitane.jpg

@Mouse_at_Large
yours is really, really stunning!!!!

A red seconds hand ?

By final I mean it's the most recent date in the Omega vintage database.

As in showing the most recent release date ? Looked it up and it indeed the last one with a 1994 release date https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-seamaster-polaris-tr-378-0885 not found when you look up "Polaris" is the "Titane" another large case version with the 1665 Ana/Digi movement, shown as 1993.

The old database had much more info, including prices, that you can still find online when looking sometimes when looking up the exact reference but not for TR 378.0885 unfortunately, I might have that in my notes somewhere...

EDIT : Interestingly it was first released as the TB 378.0885 in 1992, a less "busy" dial and no tachy scale apparently.
EDIT 2 : Another difference :
- TB=Ti+18k Yellow Gold 3N
- TR=Ti+Pink Gold 4N

According to the Database ;-

TB 378.0885 released in 1992

omega-vintage-seamaster-tb-378-0885-l.jpg
And the TR 378.0885 (my version) released in 1994

omega-vintage-seamaster-tr-378-0885-l.jpg
There are quite a few differences between the two including the integrated bracelet, rehaut, subdials, hashmarks, lume plots etc.

Yes I'd mentioned the dial, the other difference is the type of gold 3N vs 4N although not visible in these pictures. I have a TR 1/100th and the gold is a nice 4N too.

In the Polaris family the bracelet could have the gold center links or not, the Ti watches generally (always ?) have solid gold center links, the SS versions with gold center links would normally (always ?) be (thickly) plated on their visible facet.

From the post above, it's the pink;-)

"EDIT 2 : Another difference :
- TB=Ti+18k Yellow Gold 3N
- TR=Ti+Pink Gold 4N"

That is what I also had in mind. The one without golden elements in the bracelet is the rose gold case and the other is the yellow gold one. But after a few years no one will be able to see a difference between these two colours because the rose gold tends to always fade down to a more yellow gold optic.

I've read that somewhere before but I can definitely tell the difference between my TR 1/100th and my TB 1/10th ;-)