Forums Latest Members
  1. Apanderman Sep 10, 2019

Hi, new member here, been wearing a manual wind square Omega from the 60s for ages, but decided I fancied something quartz. I picked up a nice Polaris Multifunction with Seahorse logo and serial number on the back and plain steel bracelet. I was so pleased with it I bought a second one, this time the bracelet having steel/gold links. I've been over both with a loupe, does anyone see anything suspicious? The second one mentioned has Ω Omega Seamaster etched on the caseback but no Seahorse or serial number. I'm prompted to post as I just saw a post of a falsified vintage Omega mechanical watch. I didn't realise they were doing this.
    The steel/gold bracelet feels different to the steel bracelet, somehow warmer I was wondering if it's titanium. It appears to be a fraction thinner and lighter.
    It could just be they're from different years, the font on the dial is ever so slightly different too. Any advice greatly appreciated. Lloyd

IMG_20190904_183542-01_web.jpg IMG_20190906_210148-01_web.jpg
    Yaki Niku likes this.
  2. webvan Sep 10, 2019

These watches were never copied AFIK so no worries there. The Polaris came in a variety of versions though Steel+Gold inlays, Titanium+Gold inlays even Gold with Titanium inlays. It's hard to tell from your pictures but Ti would be a bit darker and more mate than steel. Got a picture of the casebacks ?

3. Apanderman Sep 10, 2019

Thanks for the info, I'm really enjoying the watches. You can't see the seroal number on the top one but it dates the watch to 1991. Would the non Seahorse one have the reference number inside?

IMG_20190910_185248-01.jpeg
    Yaki Niku likes this.
  4. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Sep 10, 2019

My titanium Polaris (not multi-function) says Titane on the dial and titanium inside the caseback. Like @webvan mentioned, the metal looks darker than stainless steel. Love mine! :)

Titane wrist.jpg

DSCF6277.JPG

Yaki Niku and JimInOz like this.
  5. Apanderman Sep 10, 2019

Thanks, I think the size of these watches and the surprising quality heft (in steel), not to mention the unique gold inlay make these watches something special. A future classic I reckon.

Yaki Niku likes this.
  6. webvan Sep 10, 2019

Yes I was wondering if Titane would be written in the back. Not sure why the caseback is different but I see no cause for concern. Enjoy your watches !

I have 5 of these Polaris spread across various models. All case sizes apart from the large multifunction and the two mechanicals but these don't come around too often.

7. Wivac Terribly special Sep 14, 2019

Yaki Niku likes this.
  8. webvan Sep 14, 2019

Indeed, at 13'15" actually but they don't mention the solid gold with Ti inlays ;-)

9. Apanderman Sep 14, 2019

Thanks for that, it is an ingenios construction for sure. I'm loving the GMT function as I'm traveling at present.

IMG_20190914_152652-01.jpeg
    Yaki Niku likes this.
  10. webvan Sep 14, 2019

How about these I saw at the museum

[​IMG]

Yaki Niku likes this.