Omega Peter Blake ring misaligned ?

Hi all I have been offered this watch full set
For around 2k which I think is a pretty good price however it seems that the ring under the bezel looks misaligned is there a simple fix for this or am I just seeing things ?

Especially noticeable at 12 and at the crown

IMG_7130.png

IMG_7127.png

I'm not sure what you mean by ring under the bezel, but it looks okay. I don't see anything.

Do you mean the bezel insert is misaligned to the scalloped bezel?
I suspect so, and yes very much so...

Yep, the bezel insert does not align at all with the bezel itself. Is this just a glued-in aluminum part? Can the insert be removed (how? acetone?) and reglued by a mere mortal, or is this watchmaker territory (@Archer)? I'm asking because I see 60 minute bezel inserts available online for speedmasters.

Yep, the bezel insert does not align at all with the bezel itself. Is this just a glued-in aluminum part? Can the insert be removed (how? acetone?) and reglued by a mere mortal, or is this watchmaker territory (@Archer)?
Since you, as a mere mortal, have to ask as to what is involved in fixing the misalignment this would definitely be a watchmaker intervention activity.

Very cute, but I'm slightly less interested in mere guesses.

Sorry for my broken English haha but yes the scalopped bezel

Since you, as a mere mortal, have to ask as to what is involved in fixing the misalignment this would definitely be a watchmaker intervention activity.
Ok so it’s fixable at least ? What could have caused it to be like this Wrong way of putting a watch back together after service or something maybe ? Hmm 2k euro seems like a proper price but now makes me doubt if it is worth the trouble

Regardless of whether it could be fixed I think I'd stay away from a watch that somebody less than fully qualified (or less than fully motivated to do a good job...) tinkered with. No need to buy yourself a problem, when watches without this problem are available. Who knows what else was (and maybe still is) wrong with this particular watch.

Regarding the fixing: I'm still hoping @Archer will chime in, but has anybody else replaced bezel inserts, and has recommendations for materials (solvents, glues), tools and procedures?

Somebody have glued the inlay before putting the bezel on the case, if the bezel is round and without klicks it doesn't matter.

Somebody have glued the inlay before putting the bezel on the case, if the bezel is round and without klicks it doesn't matter.
The insert should not be glued in. On these it snaps in place and is held in by friction.

It’s pretty easy to remove and install...just have to be careful not to bend the insert.

I use a press for this, but many people just do it with their fingers...press the old insert out from the inside of the bezel:

No glue:

I then install the bezel back on the watch, and rotate it so the scallops line up:

Then I use the press to snap the bezel back in place, making sure to line it up correctly:

I use a press for this, but many people just do it with their fingers...press the old insert out from the inside of the bezel:

No glue:

I then install the bezel back on the watch, and rotate it so the scallops line up:

Then I use the press to snap the bezel back in place, making sure to line it up correctly:

Thanks a lot for your reply and explaining the process !

Yep, the bezel insert does not align at all with the bezel itself. Is this just a glued-in aluminum part? Can the insert be removed (how? acetone?) and reglued by a mere mortal, or is this watchmaker territory (@Archer)? I'm asking because I see 60 minute bezel inserts available online for speedmasters.