Forums Latest Members

Omega LE Replacement Part Differences (Casamigos)

1. tmilnthorp Aug 13, 2019

As some of you know, I purchased a Casamigos PO LE this year. The rubber strap on my watch had some rubber tearing (as if it had stuck to the form during the molding process) and the replacement just came in this weekend.

Interestingly, the new rubber strap is totally different than the original! It has turquoise blue stitching where the original was all black (as you can see on the product page here). Same strap number and everything. The employees at my OB were surprised. Here's a picture of the new strap:

IMG_20190813_133527.jpg

I'm curious if anyone knows how often Omega changes things like this after manufacturing?

On one hand I think the turquoise stitching is a nice touch and really ties the watch in with the face, but on the other I did really enjoy the all-black strap as well. I'm not planning to ever sell this piece, but I'm curious if the situation were different - would this affect resale negatively at all?

2. dinexus Aug 13, 2019

I don't love the tequila tie-in, but I love the colors on this one. Let's see a wrist shot!

3. CJpickup57 Aug 13, 2019

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-casamigos.95945/

773550-bcc9a653c1bd0df327d12c682d78eacd.jpg

@tmilnthorp I actually like the new contrast stitched strap better than the original. But, I get your point about it not being the original one. Did Omega allow you to keep the original all black strap or did you have to turn it in for the warranty replacement?

dinexus and SwissMe like this.
  4. ama98 Aug 13, 2019

I think the new one is better. Did you have a chance to check the numbers on the straps and compare them. They must be different...

5. CJpickup57 Aug 13, 2019

Stated in OP the strap numbers are the same. Which I agree with him, is surprising.

6. italy1861 Aug 13, 2019

I’m torn between the two straps as they’re both very fitting for the watch. I do really like the way the turquoise stitching ties into the dial but the watch is very stealthy and the solid black definitely contributes to that. Great looking watch either way...

7. tmilnthorp Aug 13, 2019

Thanks! I'll take a fresh one for ya tomorrow with the new strap.

I like it better also for the most part. Although the all black was definitely a bit stealthier. They did let me keep the original since it was different. They said they'll look into it and let me know. I'll keep everyone posted here too.
    Yup same numbers.

CJpickup57 likes this.
  8. Linzer Aug 14, 2019

It happened before. I have two straps with the same numbers. However, one has black, the other has creme stitches. The one with black stitching was the first one, than Omega changed the stitching to creme without changing the numbers.
    DSC00330.JPG DSC00329.JPG

9. snarkq Aug 14, 2019

the new stitching is a great improvement!

10. ama98 Aug 14, 2019

Oh OK. Still the new would be better for me

Edited Aug 15, 2019
  11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 14, 2019

Interesting - looked the watch up on the Omega Ext5rabnet, and the photos of the whole watch shows the black strap with black stitching. However when I pull up the strap, the photo of that alone has the blue stitching...

Odd - can't say I've come across something like that before.

ama98 likes this.
  12. whyboddau Aug 14, 2019

Nice surprise! I like it with the new contrast!

13. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Aug 14, 2019

Personally I think the new stitching scheme is an improvement to the overall appearance of the watch. I'd call it a happy surprise.

You could also think of it as a Limited Edition of ONE!