Forums Latest Members

Omega Jet Stream ... Glasses?

1. phil.kz Apr 25, 2021

I enjoy restoring Omega watches, and during my search for the next project I came across some supposedly vintage Omega Eye Glasses. Now, I know Omega introduced sunglasses back in 2016, but these eye glasses were new to me and seemed a lot older. I ended up getting it as a restoration project and was curious if this is even related to the Omega brand we all know and love. I couldn't find any information online and was wondering if anyone here might have any information on it.

The only writing on it is "OMEGA JET STREAM" on the inner part of the frame and underneath the top bridge it says "58718".

IMG_20210425_0949062.jpg
  2. Donn Chambers Apr 26, 2021

An “Omega Jet Stream” (or Omega Block) is a meteorological term when the jet stream convolves into a quasi Omega shape over the United States because of low pressure systems on the SW and SE coasts, and high pressure in the northern plains:

https://www.weather.gov/jetstream/basic

So I suspect these glasses have nothing to do with Omega watches, but are named after this jet stream formation, probably because of a tie-in with aviation. A quick google search found several vintage Omega Jet Stream aviators for sale on EBay.