Forums Latest Members

Omega Forums LE watch, anybody? Design ideas requested here...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTROIS Feb 9, 2021

Following this thread concerning speculations about a Speedy Tuesday #3 watch, I was starting to muse about what an Omega Forums LE watch could look like!!!
    I surely don’t want to assume that it would be a Speedy as our base is quite diverse... but what do you guys think??

Wanna volunteer some potential ideas/designs?!? ::popcorn::

Meanwhile, I will leverage my relationships with the mothership to see what would even be possible...:thumbsup:

Horoticus and omegamike like this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 9, 2021

We wouldn’t do one, I wouldn’t buy it and that says it all really.

If somehow they offered us the opportunity to have input in a watch we know what we would ask for but it has nothing to do with OF and wouldn’t mention it anywhere.

3. omegamike Feb 9, 2021

I'll have to gather some assets for an official design - but I'm thinking a 39/40mm steel, Co-Axial, ceramic bezel, time only. Basically a big triangle Seamster 300 166.024. and if you shine a UV light on it, the F next to the Omega logo appears...

4. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Feb 9, 2021

Forum collaborations usually end up as cringey design by committee with tacky branding.

kkt, Togri v. 2.0, richiv and 4 others like this.
  5. Maganator Feb 9, 2021

CHANCE.jpg

6. sleepyastronaut Feb 9, 2021

kov and JwRosenthal like this.
  7. CPRwatch Feb 9, 2021

Sort of reminds me of this , The Car Homer Designed . What could possibly go wrong, when a group of watch enthusiasts design a watch amongst themselves .
    upload_2021-2-9_16-26-55.jpeg

SpeedyPhill, sonicosa, Andy K and 2 others like this.
  8. MTROIS Feb 9, 2021

I would certainly have more confidence in our OF group in general than I would have in Homer Simpson... but ok, I get the point.

Still, it wouldn’t hurt to see some ideas and other proposals…

9. CPRwatch Feb 9, 2021

I am looking forward to seeing some of ideas & proposals too , My Homer reference was in jest ;) . And there are some very talented design people on this forum ( I just don't happen to be one of them ) .

MTROIS likes this.
  10. neilfrancis Feb 9, 2021

It must be a new (Mega) Quartz model. Let's at least agree on that, yeah? Before it all kicks off.

ConElPueblo and SpikiSpikester like this.
  11. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Feb 9, 2021

I am not big on forum created watches. I have seen a couple, and the process to get there seemed painful and the end result not of any interest to me. More recently, a local group was talking about getting one, but I didn't see the point as they (watchmaker) were trying to unload some stock, by making it semi custom. But it was way to restrictive, so it never got much traction from the group.

I will tell you my idea for the next Gemini IV release. I would like to see Omega do more with the case back like the latest snoopy release. And my idea is to have a space walker circulate the moon. Very similar to the 3rd snoopy, just swap out the module for a space walker. If Omega can do a knock off on the other Speedmasters (ie Tokyo Olympics) they can certainly do what I am proposing.

MTROIS likes this.
  12. cvalue13 Feb 9, 2021

I genuinely think we'd have the best luck with a 1-to-1 "homage" of @STANDY 's Seiko that is for sale

If kept to <$1,000, the "homage" would sell like hotcakes, and @STANDY would definitely get the sale he's looking for out of some anti-homage snob around here :whistling:

I cant wait to see WRUW then

p4ul and wagudc like this.
  13. MTROIS Feb 9, 2021

X-33 skywalker with custom-engraved case back would be one relatively easy option to consider... LE of 200 or so...

Foo2rama likes this.
  14. MTROIS Feb 9, 2021

Another one, would be a straight-up copy of the small second 2018 Seamaster 1948 re-issue (love that watch), but with a different case back than the one used by Omega...

As others have said, there are some pretty darn creative people on this forum... so let them come up with something, please!

neilfrancis and Foo2rama like this.
  15. Omega-Q Feb 9, 2021

I think that would be pretty nice actually. I'm sure the group buy program is still in existence.

Foo2rama likes this.
  16. Canuck Feb 9, 2021

A camel is a horse designed by a committee.

wagudc likes this.
  17. Omega-Q Feb 9, 2021

The question is one hump or two? :rolleyes:

18. RI Omega Fan Feb 9, 2021

The Martin Guitar Custom Shop builds, or used to anyway, an Ultimate Martin Guitar Forum model. UMGF.com
    I’m not agreeing or disagreeing on a forum-inspired Omega. Do we hold that much sway with the mother company?

19. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Feb 9, 2021

I designed this one a while back, just waiting for funding for realization...

The @ulackfocus commemorative LE quartz chronograph: a.k.a. "The Golden Squirrel"

GoldenSquirrel.jpg

Vitezi, JohnWoo, flqt-9000 and 6 others like this.
  20. JwRosenthal Feb 9, 2021

Not enough Panda’s in the Omega catalog, I think one like this would fit well with this group.
    E23BC5A0-6967-4D35-A7BF-34CFBC489892.jpeg

JohnWoo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.