Omega Dynamic Info / Restoration Thoughts

Hello,

Happy Saturday; hope everyone is enjoying their weekend 馃榾

Inherited this beauty from my late father and absolutely love it but its in rough condition... want to restoration done to my dynamic but having trouble finding replacement racing dial (as the original is in rough shape; pic attached) Please let me know what interventions you鈥檇 suggest as well as any recommendations.

Thanks in advance!

Library - 1 of 2.jpeg Library - 2 of 2.jpeg

This is one of the rarest dials. It will be very very very difficult to find. I have never seen a loose one for sale.

You could always keep the dial as it is, and as your father would have seen it. There is some charm in that theory.

You are unlikely to find a loose dial. Perhaps searching eBay for a parts watch with such a dial would eventually score. Otherwise, perhaps get it refinished?

Nice Dyle.

I am on the lookout myself for Dynamic parts to complete my own franken phantasy. So good luck on your search. It took a year to find a case for my dyle at the price I wanted to pay. So persistence helps.

The hard part is sourcing the hands. There is a pair listed but no sweep for a hundred bucks. There are some sets on Esty what seem to be for 10XX movements. Still researching the movement options. I have a no date variation. The dial feet to not align with the 505 movement parts I have. There does not seem to be a no date option for the 10XX movements. 565 is the base for most of these. 601 is the no date variation.

There is a lot of competition for some of these parts. Other times they go weeks, months or years with no action.

This will have a 752 inside likely. Case number is 166079 I believe.

I've checked the dials that are available from Omega for this case and movement (not many) and the one you have is no longer available. If you really want to have this one restored, then Omega might be your best bet for this one. There's little left to preserve with the damaged dial, and they would refinish the dial since a new one is not available.

In this particular case, best would be to replace the Xtal and leave everything as is .. a service of the movement would be a good move as well ..