Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Omega Constellation UltraThin Cal 712, 167.021 1966 $900

1. lindo Apr 1, 2021

I have been collecting vintage Constellations for many years, but not selling any. This one is up for sale only because I have been offered an identical 712 in solid gold (at a significant premium of course).

The watch is in superb original condition, unpolished. The dial is perfect, as are the hands. The Omega marked crystal and the crown are original. The observatory on the back shows no signs of wear. It has the heavy 14k gold capped case of the period. It has a couple of tiny marks on the inner edge of one of the lugs, but otherwise everything is as crisp as it came from the showroom.

If you are a vintage Constellation collector and do not already have an example of the ultra thin 712 chronometers, this would be a great one to add to your collection as I doubt you will see better. For background I recommend Desmond's blog at http://omega-constellation-collecto...6/strangely-nothing-of-substance-appears.html.

The watch has a 33mm case (the same as many of the contemporary Seamasters), but its narrow bezel makes it look bigger on the wrist.

The Omega box is contemporary and also in excellent condition, but it is not original to the watch.

The price is now $USD 900, plus postage. PayPal or bank transfer only.

Although an active member of OF for a couple of years, this is the first time I have offered something for sale here. I have been an ebay member for twenty years with 100% rating, but lately have become so disenchanted with it that I would much prefer to sell to a fellow OF member.

IMG_0062.JPG IMG_0926.JPG IMG_0273.JPG IMG_0064.JPG IMG_0065.JPG IMG_0928.JPG IMG_0929.JPG IMG_0066.JPG s-l1600-1.jpg s-l1600-3.jpg IMG_0932.JPG IMG_0923.JPG

Edited Apr 8, 2021
    kaplan, b-lilja, Engee and 26 others like this.
  2. Zdzislaw Apr 3, 2021

Very nice! GLWS! ;)

lindo likes this.
  3. lindo Apr 8, 2021

Well folks, I was visiting my watch maker today and took this along for a quick check up. He was astonished, saying it had no signs of having ever been worked on, which accords with its pristine external condition. Amplitude was 230-240, +20sec/day. I decided to leave it untouched.

I have reduced the price to $USD 900, but only for the next seven days - after that it is off the market. PayPal or bank transfer.

Adorjr and Otterina like this.