Omega Constellation : is it a re-dial?

Hello everybody,

I am looking for a pie-pan Omega Constellation with cal. 564. I found a nice 168.010/11 on internet.
I have doubts if the dial has been re dial or not.

I'm not an expert, I think it's original but the M of Omega and Chronometer don't look exactly the same according to me.
Also, the first letter of Officially and Chronometer are a bit higher than other letters, as well as the O of Automatic.
I have doubts also on LL of Officially.

What do you guys think about that ? I saw some pictures on Google images that looks like this, and others don't so I don't really know... 😀

Pictures :
20200825-144747.jpg

20200825-144736.jpg
0D1Bg0R
s2TsR9b
Thank you!

EDIT : Pictures re-uploaded, sorry. Also, how much this watch would cost ? Ref. 168.010/11, solid 18k gold, cal. 564.
Thanks

That's a original dial.

Do you have a picture straight up of the whole dial?

That's a original dial.

Do you have a picture straight up of the whole dial?
Yes sure :
20200825-150807.jpg 20200825-150844.jpg 20200825-150926.jpg 20200825-150905.jpg

According to you, how much this watch should cost ? Thank you for your time 😀

welcome @kevbdx

its a correct 168.011
i.e. 18k deluxe model with solid gold dial (see those fat, flat, onyx indices?)

it's a nice watch but the case has seen some polishing and the has lost its finer features.

tell us how much the asking is and we will tell you if it is a good deal.

welcome @kevbdx

its a correct 168.011
i.e. 18k deluxe model with solid gold dial (see those fat, flat, onyx indices?)

it's a nice watch but the case has seen some polishing and the has lost its finer features.

tell us how much the asking is and we will tell you if it is a good deal.

Thank you ! 😀

Yes it seems like it has been polished, do you think it's too much polish ?
I can get it for 2400€. Is it overpriced?
I'm looking for a pie pan Constellation Omega in solid 18k gold for a long time. But it's hard to find one in good condition at a reasonable price...
What do you think it should cost ?

Thanks

More often than not these oldies have been polished and especially the gold ones. The prices of ones with gorgeous original dials is climbing constantly so I don't see how the price could be too much at this time as they ain't gonna be going down.

Thank you ! 😀

Yes it seems like it has been polished, do you think it's too much polish ?
I can get it for 2400€. Is it overpriced?
I'm looking for a pie pan Constellation Omega in solid 18k gold for a long time. But it's hard to find one in good condition at a reasonable price...
What do you think it should cost ?

Thanks

Whether or not a watch has received too much polishing is in the eye of the beholder.

The hidden-crown Connies, whilst a favourite of mine, are not as sought after as earlier models - and this is reflected in their price.
However, I would still expect a really good 18k 168.004/168.010 pie-pan to realise 2,500-3,000 euros but condition is everything.
The gold dial does add a bit but not as much as you might think (or perhaps should)
I'm not sure how much gold value is in the watch -I've seen others calculate this as a benchmark and someone might chip in with advice.

As @janice&fred says, solid gold watches suffer more than most from being polished but good ones are out there if you are willing to wait.

here is my gold cap 168.010 pie-pan to give you an idea of what the case should look like (bearing in mind that gold-cap watches are always less sharp than their solid gold cousins)
Notice the facets on the lugs and edge on the bezel.
This might help you decide on whether it is too polished or not for you.
IMG_0435.JPG

Thank you so much @Peemacgee & @janice&fred .
So do you think I can have a better condition for 2.5k€ ?

@Peemacgee what a very very nice 168.010 ! I can clearly see details and what had been polished in my watch... Where did you find it to have this condition? On eBay?

Here are others pictures, it's true that the bezel has "lost its edges", maybe pictures doesn't do justice... Seller told me that lugs are sharp 😕
So does it really worth 2.5k€ 🤔

s-l1600-4.jpg s-l1600-3.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg s-l1600-1.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Thanks for your time 😀
Edited:

So do you think I can have a better condition for 2.5k€ ?

@Peemacgee what a very very nice 168.010 ! I can clearly see details and what had been polished in my watch... Where did you find it to have this condition? On eBay?

Here are others pictures, it's true that the bezel has "lost its edges", maybe pictures doesn't do justice... Seller told me that lugs are sharp 😕
So does it really worth 2.5k€ 🤔
Thanks for your time 😀

I happened to pick my watch up at a UK auction and by chance, it was an absolute steal.

Gold watches are notoriously difficult to photograph.
You can see the facets of the lugs in some of your pics but you certainly couldn’t call them sharp.
The bezel is most definitely rounded.
The watch is an attractive Connie, to anyone other than a collector it would likely be a prized possession.

Is it worth €2,500?
it’s a lot of money to spend if your not 100% happy with the watch.
So, not to me, I would rather bide my time and spend €3,000 on a great watch but that is just me I’m afraid, you may have different priorities.

Hi @Peemacgee share your views on taking photos of gold watches and the valuation.
And, congratulations on your recent acquisition. Is it a Connie? Any chances that you share it with us? Thanks in advance.