Omega Constellation 167.754 - Anyone know much about these?

Hi OF,

I recently purchased a Constellation from a member, and while I've tried to find additional information on the particular model, I can't find much at all. I've searched for 167.754, but only find a few references on the web, which are not great.

From what I understand, the particular watch is from Japan / Asian market from the early 70s. It has the 1011 movement, and appears to be around the same time as the "last of the constellations" which I've read more about here, and elsewhere.

What drew me to this particular watch is the simple, clean look of the dial.

Does anyone know more about these?

Thanks in advance!

1011.jpg

Can’t be a cal. 1011 movement, as it does not have a date. My guess would be something in the cal. 71X “ultra flat” family, possibly a cal. 712.

I’ve not seen one like that before. Learn something new every day.
gatorcpa

That case number comes up with "no results found" on both the Omega vintage database, and the Omega Extranet.

I searched on the description in your title and found this:

1973 Omega Constellation 36mm Ref. 167.754 Cal. 1011 in GOOD condition w Box & Paper - $1,050 - Brave_Word_9042 - WatchRecon

image (2).jpg image (1).jpg image.jpg image (3).jpg

Very odd - the 1011 is a date movement, but that does appear to be the movement shown. Same result with the other number inside the case back - 165753 - no results found on the Extranet of in the vintage database.

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Interesting. @Archer, that link is the actual watch, which I purchased here. I have the paperwork which also came with the watch, and have included a picture below. Now I am really interested in what I have... Thanks again to the experts.

754.jpg

I’ve not seen one like that before. Learn something new every day.
I repeat, I learn something new every day.👍
gatorcpa

Thanks @MSNWatch. I had run across that thread, but it was somewhat inconclusive to me, as this one has same case and crown but the face is quite different - roman numerals painted vs applied indices, and the logo, etc appear to be different. Now, I am intrigued as beyond that, it was hard to find anything even simillar.

Some additional information I was able to (hopefully) confirm... The 1011 movements do appear to have been made without dates. I found several 70s watches on Chrono24 with 1011 no-date movements. Also, from what I can tell - the watches which were destined for Japan appear to be somewhat different than what we got in the USA, but maybe others can confirm this. My statements are made from half-arsed internet research. I have included a few links below, as I still have yet to see any other watch with the same configuration.

https://www.josephbonnie.com/en/product/omega-constellation-automatic-1972/ - similar looking case, and similar dial but not the same. Interesting video inbedded as well.

https://www.sweetroad.com/view/item/000000016321 - almost the same, but different colors and interesting dial. Looks to be from Japanese market.

https://www.chrono24.com/omega/st153758--cal1011----790081--id32077345.htm - 1011 movement without date. Also looks to be from Asian market. I found several on Chrono24 like this.

Anyone got other thoughts / am I off base here?

First two watches have cal. 712, not cal. 1011.

I guess the tell on these is that the cal. 1011 has a seconds hand.
gatorcpa

Thanks. I guess the variety across the Constellations was pretty good in that time frame.