Forums Latest Members
  1. ElMuchaho Jun 7, 2020

Hello guys! First post on the forum.

I started watch collecting 1.5 years ago, until now I never paid more than 200€ for a watch.
    For my first dress watch I decided to save a bit more (400€), and double my usual budget. As I was searching online I found the world of vintage omegas and I was sucked in, since march I've been searching for a vintage omega with no single model in mind all I know is that I like light coloured dials, steel case and no date.
    I've read some of the posts here and I know that I should aim for condition and part originality, but at this price point some tradeoffs need to be done.
    Almost a month ago I found this omega that I fell in love with, but the dial seems like and average redial(lettering and marks), the case has had a little too much polishing, replaced crown(i think) and the case back has no number. So I skipped it, but I keep checking if it has been sold almost daily.

This is a calibre 344 bumper, probably a seamaster(text should be on the dial) and probably a ck2766 from omega's vintage records.
    My question is, should I just not buy it or is worth trying to get it at around 300€ and later on finding a dial?Also what is the deal with the missing reference caseback?

https://www.chrono24.pt/omega/automatic-bumper-vintage-watch--id14935897.htm
    14935897-464zrt5qe1afuxpjmsz7g8sx-Zoom.jpg DSC_0214.JPG DSC_0741 (1).JPG

Thanks!

2. cristos71 Jun 7, 2020

I wouldn't spend my money on such a watch. It has a redial, the crown looks incorrect and I don't believe for one second what has been written inside the case back, 'Serviced 26 11 2019'. I don't believe it as there is a lot of rust and dirt visible on the inside case back, also the case hasn't had a gasket fitted and the movement looks tired and dirty to me.

Dan S likes this.
  3. Dan S Jun 7, 2020

I agree with @cristos71, I wouldn't touch that watch. Maybe it seems cheap, but it's just a waste of money. Save up and buy something nice. On top of everything else, the crown seems to be crooked on the stem and it sticking way out. No decent watchmaker would leave it that way, the the sharpie marking in the case-back is made to deceive.

4. ElMuchaho Jun 7, 2020

5. Edward53 Jun 7, 2020