Omega 2451/174 dial question

Posts
110
Likes
33
Hello members I decided to post this watch in detail , I’m inspecting my collection and already found some discrepancies in few of my pieces as knowledgeable eyes of the members pointed out to me correctly recognizing some issues and I’m grateful for the input thank you, here is one of my omegas that I took out after many years , it has the 27 CHRO C12 T2 PC movement inside , my question is the dial, is it redone ? thank you for your help, kazd
 
Posts
394
Likes
271
This is a repainted dial - and a fairly decent one I must say - yet, even with the out of focus header pic the Omega logo and the font and distancing of markers in the subdials (especially the 9 o'clock one) stand out as repro artifacts. The crown is much later replacement, but that is no big deal.
 
Posts
110
Likes
33
good morning and thank you for your honest diligent assessment , I was curious that’s why I asked for opinion , especially that after all it is about 80 years old watch , so the dial must of being done many years ago I assume now , still has a great appeal to my eye. , and the movement runs like Rolex 😊 and the rest of the watch looks like was very well cared for imho , thank you again and good day , kazd ah I love the way you guys know what to look for, it definitely takes a experience and train eye to spot these little details that matter, 🤗
 
Posts
3,602
Likes
7,818
Just out of curiosity, you seem to have a rather large collection that you are rediscovering. Are they mostly Omega? How did you collect them, gradually, on EB or other sources?
Interested to learn how others have collected over time.
 
Posts
110
Likes
33
Just out of curiosity, you seem to have a rather large collection that you are rediscovering. Are they mostly Omega? How did you collect them, gradually, on EB or other sources?
Interested to learn how others have collected over time.
Hello and good morning , thank you for your curious question , my collection is rather extensive I didn’t even go through half of it yet , it’s being sitting in the safe for like 20 years , I mostly acquired the vintage pieces on eBay from all over the world 😊 I have two from Paraguay , some from Taiwan some from Canadian collector also some modern omegas from AD , also I have collection of Panerai , the 243, 87H and 212 flyback , Rolex gmt master ll Pepsi last year of production , sea dweller 4000, have vintage gallet chrono and GP , all this started back in 1995 with my first omega seamaster 300 James Bond , than after that in like 2004 just went on collecting spree lol, couldn’t stop , now I’m revisiting all of it and inspecting and with the help of you fine knowledgeable gentlemen I’m finding some discrepancies as to dial or hands issues , so this is my story , I’ll be posting rest of the collection slowly , don’t want to get in trouble with the forum rules , I’m just a omega mostly addicted watch lover 😄♎️🤗 good day , it’ll take me some time to go through the rest of it, Ah and I would buy especially anything with the 321 movement inside lol, I have 10 of them , and my other favorite the 30t2 rg movement , heve few of those , again , how maybe crazy this sounds ? 🙃
 
Posts
3,602
Likes
7,818
No not crazy at all. Keep posting away nice to have context.

We have all had our watch buying sprees, for me it was pandemic related it was reassuring to connect with one another around the world.

I had a similar collecting history with antique duck hunting decoys until my wife thought I was losing my mind and the house looked like the Hitchcock move “The Birds”. I lived on Chesapeake Bay where that is a thing, as it is in major waterfowl migration flyway.
Then I went dormant for years and re- discovered them and slowly thinned the flock. So I understand totally.
Good that you are enjoying the rediscovery!