Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. Meme-Dweller Aug 5, 2017

> Speedmaster is the most popular of the 3, followed by the Seamaster then Railmaster
    > "Okay, let's release the Railmaster first, then Seamaster, and then decide when we should start production of the Speedmaster"

> US & Can are the only countries where a 100% payment will be required upon reserving, and we will give them the most allocation.
    > Alright, let's start delivery in Germany and other European countries first!

OMEGA LOGIC

demchocholips, bazamu, wkimmd and 2 others like this.
  2. mikechi22 Aug 5, 2017

The deposit assertion in the USA was not true in my case. No one asked for more than 20% and it was refundable.

McJamesT likes this.
  3. arcadelt Aug 5, 2017

Just had a look at the Swatch Group corporate website, and it looks as though the various regions are incorporated in their own countries. That may explain the varying deposit policies. With respect to the order of manufacture and distribution, this may have to do with capacity on the various model production lines and supply chain length (if indeed that is the way they operate). That said, you don't really think that putting the US first would be the fairest approach, do you - Swiss company and all that? Maybe next release, Apple, Google and Microsoft can seed customers outside the US first...

Aludic likes this.
  4. mikechi22 Aug 5, 2017

Totally makes sense to me. Even if they shipped US units on the same day as Paris, Hamburg and Italy, there would have to be a lag - there must be some sort of customs processing, no? And for the first one to show up in Paris Champs Elysée just seems really right to me!

5. Meme-Dweller Aug 5, 2017

Was it an AD? My local OB made me put down the full amount + sales tax. :/

6. mikechi22 Aug 5, 2017

No, I only contacted OB's: Atlanta, Chicago and NY 5th Ave. I went with Atlanta as I will be there the soonest.

7. Mach Aug 5, 2017

I believe the deposit requirement is specific to the OB or AD contacted. I don't believe this was an Omega requirement for full deposit. I think some OBs and ADs simply took advantage of our enthusiasm for this new collection release.

I contacted multiple ADs in the Boston area immediately following the announcement at Baselworld. The initial AD, one I thought I had a great relationship with, require 100% deposit. I simply was not comfortable with that, especially since this was the first time I ever ordered a watch without seeing it in the flesh first. I asked if this was their requirement or an Omega requirement. She said it was their requirement adding, "We just want to guarantee you that you would get the watch." I tried to negotiate with no luck and walked away.

I contacted another AD that required 100% deposit. Finally, the third AD, right in my backyard, had a 50% deposit requirement. Granted, I would have preferred 20% to 33% max. But, I thought this was at least reasonable. In fact, I was the first one to order the '57 Trilogy Speedmaster, which this AD knew nothing about. He refused to take a deposit until he contact the head of sales.

mikechi22 likes this.
  8. mikechi22 Aug 5, 2017

I contacted another AD that required 100% deposit. Finally, the third AD, right in my backyard, had a 50% deposit requirement. Granted, I would have preferred 20% to 33% max. But, I thought this was at least reasonable. In fact, I was the first one to order the '57 Trilogy Speedmaster, which this AD knew nothing about. He refused to take a deposit until he contact the head of sales.[/QUOTE]
    This sounds like an honorable crew with which to do business! How nice to find them close by!

McJamesT likes this.
  9. Pun Aug 5, 2017

I booked my Railmaster at OB at Connaught Place New Delhi and offered deposit but they refused to take. They reserved my watch without any deposit. Yes they know me. Nice staff there.

McJamesT and mikechi22 like this.
  10. cimo Aug 6, 2017

Any word on whether Omega will offer the trilogy bracelet as a standalone accessory? Possibly too early to tell I guess..

McJamesT and Jb328 like this.
  11. Longbow Aug 6, 2017

No idea! At over 6 grand I felt completely comfortable with letting the boutique do all the hard bracelet/strap swapping work while I sipped Champagne.

McJamesT and Mcurreri like this.
  12. blokk Aug 6, 2017

Can the Speedmaster still be reserved there?

13. McJamesT Aug 6, 2017

Same here 20% and refundable. Granted, if they asked for 100%, they would've gotten 100% but thankfully they didn't

mikechi22 likes this.
  14. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside Aug 6, 2017

well I ordered my Seamaster LE without any talks about deposits. Big confidence. Great staff over here in Hamburg.

McJamesT, mikechi22 and Longbow like this.
  15. Mcurreri Aug 6, 2017

Bravo, will do the same when my speedmaster comes in. Wear it in good health

mikechi22, Longbow and McJamesT like this.
  16. McJamesT Aug 6, 2017

Im hoping to do the same, sip some champagne and let them do the heavy lifting, though I've got a number of work trips coming up. My one concern is, if I have it shipped to the house, my wife may wear it before I do. Woke up this morning and she took my Tudor Sub to work! I turned her into a watch person and I may begin to pay for that more than I already am!

17. Mach Aug 6, 2017

I'm just hoping for a simple bracelet / strap changing system that we can safely do. Back was I was young and irresponsible, I wore a Panerai, which was too big for my scrawny wrist. However, it did give me a strong appreciation on how a simple strap change can dramatically change the appearance of the watch. Plus, it was a simple process that even I could do!

McJamesT likes this.
  18. shutterlife Aug 6, 2017

Champagne. My OB knows that when I come in, he has a glass of Scotch ready for me.

Jb328, Kazyole, Mcurreri and 3 others like this.
  19. w.finkenstaedt Aug 6, 2017

You can pick two:

1) elegant spring bar that's hidden

2) strong spring bar that doesn't have a tendency to break

3) a spring bar that's easy to change

All three doesn't exist. If they're easy to change, they're more fragile. That said, Omega spring bars are ridiculously easy. It takes me about 30-45 seconds to change a strap, even less when doing a bracelet change.

Longbow likes this.
  20. Meme-Dweller Aug 6, 2017

To loosen up your wallet :)

LeonDeBayonne likes this.