Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. arcadelt Jul 8, 2017

Clearly it's a sport watch. Very few dress watches have the need for a chronograph function or have been used for timing racing.

IMG_2885.JPG

McJamesT likes this.
  2. wkimmd Jul 9, 2017

Thanks for posting these photos - I am salivating. I have to say, I am taken with the new Railmaster (not the trilogy one). And looking at the price on one of the pictures that you have up...yum...

Longbow likes this.
  3. bnabod Jul 9, 2017

I get the chrono sporty thing but it is all so very shiny. Maybe a better way to say this , is that compared to my other watches Mark II racing dial. exp II orange , MM300 and BB blue it is more dressy to me I guess probably due to the lack of extra color .

4. DCheeta Jul 9, 2017

I've tried on the Speedmaster in person. It's definitely not dressy. The dial, being more of a slate grey and aged looking, lends itself very well to being a casual jeans and t-shirt kind of watch. Also, the bracelet is not as shiny as it looks in photos.

The color accents that your other watches have definitely makes them more "sporty" though. I guess I'd classify the Trilogy Speedy as "casual."

Richmortrd, sensui, Tet and 1 other person like this.
  5. bnabod Jul 9, 2017

I think you hit the nail right on the head. Casual that will go well w jeans probably can dress up a tad but still relaxed.
    The pics sure make the bracelet shine a lot, so glad to hear it is not as blinding as it seems

6. DCheeta Jul 9, 2017

Exactly. That was my impression when I tried it on.

Hopefully this pic illustrates how the bracelet looks - much more brushed than polished...and once you've been wearing the hell out of it for a while those polished bits will lose their shine a little and it'll look even better.

[​IMG]

gippo, Kmart, wkimmd and 11 others like this.
  7. Kazyole Jul 9, 2017

That looks great. So excited to get my hands on this one.

Would you say that photo is correct for the appearance of the dial as well? In the photos I've seen, the dial color seems to vary wildly. Brown, medium gray, slate gray, full-on black, etc

8. DCheeta Jul 9, 2017

That's a great question, that was the main reason I was so interested in seeing them in person. The answer is this: in person the dial also shifts in color from brown, medium gray, slate gray and full black! In direct harsh light, the dial looks medium gray, but as you turn the dial away from the light (as in my photo above) it shifts to a darker color. Hard to explain, I hope I'm making sense.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gippo, olgito, Kmart and 11 others like this.
  9. Golfjunky Jul 10, 2017

that Seamaster is just gorgeous!

Tet likes this.
  10. LeonDeBayonne Jul 11, 2017

The 3 of them are truly splendid. The only 2 negative comments I would have are (1) the serial printing on the dial of the watches included in the sets is un-necessary and spoils the dial imho and (2) the buckle of the steel bracelet is far too big and thick. Apart from this, the execution is really perfect. Dials and cases are amazing, and the packages, for those interested, could not be better (relatively small, vintage-inspired, several straps...)

Now, I know that the topic has been raised many times, but does anyone know when first batches will be delivered? When pre-ordering opened, I was told May. Then, no, probably June. And more recently I was told, first half of July. Now, we are the 11th and I have not read or heard anything from Omega sounding that this could come up anytime soon.

11. SouthernScot Jul 11, 2017

According to my AD nothing has changed since my post in June. Still looking at late July/August (sometime)
    It is difficult because there is a particular Tudor Black Bay I am very tempted by and I have to keep reminding myself that I have the balance of a Speedy to pay for!

LeonDeBayonne likes this.
  12. LeonDeBayonne Jul 11, 2017

Well, according to the latest Omega's Instagram campaign (dedicated to the 3 1957 models)... it could be tomorrow!

Cad290 and Sturms like this.
  13. Sturms Jul 11, 2017

I agree this instagram post is very promising!

14. Horoticus Jul 11, 2017

My OB shared 'summer' during pre-order, so I immediately thought September. Have heard nothing to change that time frame, but hope springs eternal! :D

15. Kazyole Jul 11, 2017

For those who read this post, immediately visited Omega's instagram and couldn't find it:

It's a story, not a photo post. Tap the logo on the profile page. They show drawings of each of the three models, and the last image says "Tomorrow we'll fast-forward to the future."

Certainly leaves me hopeful that something happens tomorrow.

LeonDeBayonne and Sturms like this.
  16. Mach Jul 11, 2017

Hopefully, Omega will confirm shipping dates! :)

17. ZuluMovement Jul 11, 2017

I just did the same thing today due to fighting with impatience for the arrival of my 60th SM300. Persuaded myself that the dental bills from the impatient teeth grinding would be more expensive than an ETA Tudor Black Bay Black.

I'm right though, right? My teeth feel better now.....

LeonDeBayonne and SouthernScot like this.
  18. SouthernScot Jul 12, 2017

I really hope this is good news! I'm checking Instagram this morning almost as often as I tried to reserve a ST! (I failed)

19. _Agemo Jul 12, 2017

Just saw the updated Instagram Story. Im confused, its the same stuff with different backgrounds? Am I missing something here?

wkimmd, watchme and SouthernScot like this.
  20. Jackee Jul 12, 2017

64500 SEK for the Speedmaster. No thanks. I am happy that I went with a 145.012-67 instead for less money than that.