OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

This one just gets better with age. Have considered the 321 bracelet, but I do use the micro adjustment often so I'm torn. Not to mention the cost is a bit silly.

Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 1.59.37 PM.png

Quick Update...

Just ordered both the Uncle Seiko and Forstner flat link bracelets (US 1035 w/solid end links and Forstner FOIS)... excited to try them out on my '57 Railie and my '57 Seamaster.
Hey man, just curious about your thoughts on these two bracelets. If you could only choose one which one do you prefer? Is the Forstner worth twice the price? I’ve been thinking of getting a flat link and kind of leaning towards the US because it seems like I can’t go wrong for the price. If you’re feeling extra spicy (or bored) could you get any side by side pics? Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks!

Hey man, just curious about your thoughts on these two bracelets. If you could only choose one which one do you prefer? Is the Forstner worth twice the price? I’ve been thinking of getting a flat link and kind of leaning towards the US because it seems like I can’t go wrong for the price. If you’re feeling extra spicy (or bored) could you get any side by side pics? Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks!

On it as soon as I am done pretending to give a shit about my daughter's rage over her claim that I was "unfair" two nights back when I told her that the computer I built her a month ago can be unbuilt if she goes any deeper into the cave of moody bitchiness.

On it as soon as I am done pretending to give a shit about my daughter's rage over her claim that I was "unfair" two nights back when I told her that the computer I built her a month ago can be unbuilt if she goes any deeper into the cave of moody bitchiness.
Ah ... the joys of raising an adolescent. I'm right there with you (although mine is a son, and in college, so he's too far away for me to slap upside the head).

1) You don’t tug on Superman’s cape

2) You don’t spit into the wind

3) You don’t pull the mask off the ol’ Lone Ranger

4) And you don’t mess around with your daughter’s mood

Cripes

@Aroxx

1. US for days.
2. No, the Forsty isn't worth twice the coin... sorry to any frosty Forsty fanbois but it just is not to me.
3. Sent the Forstner back so no photos.
4. I adore the New/Yet Oldness of the US's... initially I was extremely turned off by the pins for connecting links (feel like I paid my dues on that after years of futzing with those) - compared to screws for the Forsty - but adjustment was easy and now I feel like it further adds to the New/Yet Oldness of the bracelet.
@JwRosenthal gave me some pro-tips on US pin adjustment by the way.
The clasp is a trip -- I know there are workarounds out there for loosening the beak on it for pressure fitment but I love mine dead stock: when I close it I have to push into my wrist so strongly for that "click" I can feel it pressing cartilage & tendon to bone. Some might not dig that but to me it's the sound and feel of "Locked & Ready to Rock."

Interesting you asked about this because on my To-Do list for today, after not giving a shit about my daughter needing to express her wokeness to me/pulling down Xmas decor before The Wife knifes me/cleaning the kitchen and replacing a fucker of a stuck hood vent lightbulb, is ordering an Uncle Seiko all brushed flat link for my 3861.

Rattly, jangly, tons of micro-adjust on the clasp, price point... I am defo an Uncle Seiko fanboi.

The Forsters are for new watch people who like the looks of old watch style and are used to the luxuries of the new watch construction and don’t like old watches because they are old and fussy and tolerances were loose and they have an attitude.

US bracelets are for people who like old watches because they are old and fussy and tolerances were loose and they have an attitude.

“Old and fussy with and attitude” is just about how my wife described me after my third glass of wine last night

@Aroxx

1. US for days.
2. No, the Forsty isn't worth twice the coin... sorry to any frosty Forsty fanbois but it just is not to me.
3. Sent the Forstner back so no photos.
4. I adore the New/Yet Oldness of the US's... initially I was extremely turned off by the pins for connecting links (feel like I paid my dues on that after years of futzing with those) - compared to screws for the Forsty - but adjustment was easy and now I feel like it further adds to the New/Yet Oldness of the bracelet.
@JwRosenthal gave me some pro-tips on US pin adjustment by the way.
The clasp is a trip -- I know there are workarounds out there for loosening the beak on it for pressure fitment but I love mine dead stock: when I close it I have to push into my wrist so strongly for that "click" I can feel it pressing cartilage & tendon to bone. Some might not dig that but to me it's the sound and feel of "Locked & Ready to Rock."

Interesting you asked about this because on my To-Do list for today, after not giving a shit about my daughter needing to express her wokeness to me/pulling down Xmas decor before The Wife knifes me/cleaning the kitchen and replacing a fucker of a stuck hood vent lightbulb, is ordering an Uncle Seiko all brushed flat link for my 3861.

Rattly, jangly, tons of micro-adjust on the clasp, price point... I am defo an Uncle Seiko fanboi.
Thanks! I don’t mind link pins. I’m used to them. They do also offer a milled clasp now for $40 but I’d probably just roll with the basic clasp. At least for now. Now I’m still a bit torn though because I don’t dislike rattly jangly but don’t necessarily want it on my Speedmaster. I may end up with both yet lol.

The Forsters are for new watch people who like the looks of old watch style and are used to the luxuries of the new watch construction and don’t like old watches because they are old and fussy and tolerances were loose and they have an attitude.

US bracelets are for people who like old watches because they are old and fussy and tolerances were loose and they have an attitude.
What if I like all of those things? 🤔

Thanks! I don’t mind link pins. I’m used to them. They do also offer a milled clasp now for $40 but I’d probably just roll with the basic clasp. At least for now. Now I’m still a bit torn though because I don’t dislike rattly jangly but don’t necessarily want it on my Speedmaster. I may end up with both yet lol.

What if I like all of those things? 🤔
I joke but the US’s are really very well made, almost an upgrade of a vintage design. The forstners are lovely, I own 3 (not the flatlink) and the fit & finish is fabulous.
The benefit of the US bracelets are the hollow endlinks. Whereas Forstner uses solid endlinks which fit perfectly or they don’t. If you plan to use a specific bracelet for a specific watch that the Forstner is designed for, then it’s a perfect fit. But if you tend to swap bracelets around or put them on watches that weren’t designed for that specific bracelet, the hollow endlinks allow you tweak them a little to get the fit right.
I’m happy that we have both options

I joke but the US’s are really very well made, almost an upgrade of a vintage design. The forstners are lovely, I own 3 (not the flatlink) and the fit & finish is fabulous.
The benefit of the US bracelets are the hollow endlinks. Whereas Forstner uses solid endlinks which fit perfectly or they don’t. If you plan to use a specific bracelet for a specific watch that the Forstner is designed for, then it’s a perfect fit. But if you tend to swap bracelets around or put them on watches that weren’t designed for that specific bracelet, the hollow endlinks allow you tweak them a little to get the fit right.
I’m happy that we have both options

Ass-kisser 😎😉

Waiting on my bracelet sponsorship deal- still taking offers.

Blueshark, I've heard, will take anyone including folks who don't even have arms.

*I just asked my RN Wife, "Is there a medical term for a human without both arms beyond double amputee -- which could mean both legs or an arm and a leg?" Typical, she said, "Christ who are you trying to piss off on the Internet now? I don't know your answer hon, a person without arms?"
Worthless.

Thanks guys. I think the US is going to happen. At that price point it’s too easy to just click the “Buy” button. Now the struggle of all brushed vs brush/polished begins. Was thinking to go polished for some extra pizzazz since I already have an all brushed bracelet.

Thanks guys. I think the US is going to happen. At that price point it’s too easy to just click the “Buy” button. Now the struggle of all brushed vs brush/polished begins. Was thinking to go polished for some extra pizzazz since I already have an all brushed bracelet.
I love the brushed/polished on both the Speedy and the SM300, both have mixed finishes, the bracelet echos that. But I do get why some would want the all brushed as it’s more understated.
Another nice things about the US bracelets is he offers the endlinks on their own. So if you want both 19mm and 20mm for different watches, or you have to “marry” a pair of endlinks to a case (file them down or tweak the shit out of them), $25 gets you another set.

I'd totally forgotten about the "trilogy" version of the Speedmaster '57 until today, and dang, it's really a beautiful piece. Noticed prices seem to have been creeping up - anyone know if it's just from being a discontinued model or did the newer '57 renew its popularity?

I love the brushed/polished on both the Speedy and the SM300, both have mixed finishes, the bracelet echos that.
Totally agree it matches the watch better. Just pulled the trigger on the brushed/polished US. Super pumped. ::psy::

I'd totally forgotten about the "trilogy" version of the Speedmaster '57 until today, and dang, it's really a beautiful piece. Noticed prices seem to have been creeping up - anyone know if it's just from being a discontinued model or did the newer '57 renew its popularity?
They didn't really fly off the shelves when they were first introduced for whatever reason, maybe the lume color or Broad Arrow hands, maybe the somewhat chunky bracelet and clasp, maybe the case dimensions. But over the last few years people have come to appreciate them more and the prices have gone up. Reintroduction of the 321 movement and the introduction of the Ed White 321 and the new-ish, hardly ever seen white gold version with similar appearance (at a $84,000 price) may have juiced the popularity a bit. But sometimes great items just take a while to be appreciated.

They didn't really fly off the shelves when they were first introduced for whatever reason, maybe the lume color or Broad Arrow hands, maybe the somewhat chunky bracelet and clasp, maybe the case dimensions. But over the last few years people have come to appreciate them more and the prices have gone up. Reintroduction of the 321 movement and the introduction of the Ed White 321 and the new-ish, hardly ever seen white gold version with similar appearance (at a $84,000 price) may have juiced the popularity a bit. But sometimes great items just take a while to be appreciated.
The Ranchero is a prime example of this.