Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. dbane007 Mar 23, 2017

I was going to pre order the trilogy until I saw the hideous extraneous text. I will now only get the 3557 LE Speedy. So the only other purchase this year will be the Speedy Tuesday. Thereafter, I'll wait 2 years for the 50th ann moonwatch in 2019. That should be one heck of a year for Omega.

hkrauss and Kazyole like this.
  2. ChuckMK23 divorced caveman / modern sugar daddy Mar 23, 2017

Nobel Prize and Mad Dog like this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 23, 2017

I'm going to make a prediction here that due to the number of units the Speedmaster will not sell out that quickly but will be hard to source after a year or so similar to the CK2998 and will be available at or below MSRP at some point.

The Seamaster I'm thinking will take a fair bit longer to sell, and the Railmaster (which I really want), due to its lack of awareness and features will be a slow seller, and should be available at a decent discount eventually, at which point I'll hopefully be in a position to pick one up maybe next year or something. I have a feeling that Railmaster might actually come down enough to really be good value in time, and would be a superb daily wearer.

thogi, djmusicman, Kmart and 8 others like this.
  4. ChuckMK23 divorced caveman / modern sugar daddy Mar 23, 2017

Photos updated of full set with accessories:

[​IMG]

Lonestar likes this.
  5. RJwatches Mar 23, 2017

Interesting thoughts, I think it will be interesting to see what the prices will do

thogi likes this.
  6. RJwatches Mar 23, 2017

Yes!!! That grey Nato is a stunner

Lonestar likes this.
  7. micampe Mar 23, 2017

That would be good news as those are the ones I’m more interested in. You don’t think people will see the Railmaster as an Explorer alternative more than the Aqua Terra?

8. ffej4 Survey Man Mar 23, 2017

@dsio I hope your prediction is accurate. I REALLY want a Railmaster, but won't be in a position to pick one up for 12-18 months. Hopefully they'll still be around and below MSRP.

DIV likes this.
  9. Meme-Dweller Mar 23, 2017

That's what I said about the Spectre Seamaster 300 that was limited to "only" 7007 pieces and I've only seen it once under MSRP by $200 and used. Now it's impossible to own without paying a premium.

Spy likes this.
  10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 23, 2017

That Spectre is the outlier I've never understood, 7,007 is a big number.

Lonestar and ffej4 like this.
  11. Speedmasterfan88 Mar 23, 2017

Oh man when I saw the omega release video I was super excited for the SM300... now as the wristshots surface it looks extremely shiny with all this polished surfaces. That was what put my off the last SM reissue. I will have to wait for the Boutique invitation evening to see this in person. In the end I might stick with vintage if this looks as shiny in person as it does in the pictures :unsure:.

DIV likes this.
  12. Kazyole Mar 23, 2017

Yeah, I kind of think these will be the same. 3557 is a decent amount, but given the overwhelming reaction I'm thinking it will sell out and become difficult to acquire...at least for the speedy. I've been speaking back and forth with the NYC boutique and they've said they're "flooded with calls" about it. I'm not one to typically buy a new watch from an AD, but I'm really happy I was able to reserve one.

bazamu likes this.
  13. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Mar 23, 2017

I don't want the grey NATO...I want this...

IMG_3854.JPG

flw and ffej4 like this.
  14. Rman Mar 23, 2017

Putting that trilogy text on the watch dials is heresy. It's an abomination. ::facepalm1::

15. simplymod Mar 23, 2017

Yeah. While I am getting one no matter what, it baffles me why Omega feels the need for all the high polishing on a piece like this. Like you said, same w the last SM which to my eye was a bit distracting with so much shine. With the trend of many mfg's going back to their archives and releasing vintages, they should consider bringing in a little consulting from the vintage watch community (or perhaps polling) on some of the sticking points that are important to vintage loving consumers. That said, all and all they did an amazing job this go around and as a vintage guy, never been more excited to obtain a newly made watch :).

16. Kazyole Mar 23, 2017

At least with the speedy, the brushing on the bezel should help offset the lugs a bit. I agree though, it's very shiny. I've still ordered one, but I wish they had done a bit less polishing. I think that was a big part of the reason why the speedytuesday edition was so popular with its entirely brushed case.

Speedmasterfan88 likes this.
  17. Meme-Dweller Mar 23, 2017

I don't think anyone should complain about the polished surfaces of their watch until they've owned a Breitling Chronomat lol

Watchmutt, watchme, Spy and 4 others like this.
  18. ReturnOfUltraman Mar 23, 2017

Deposit placed for the Speedy. Is it summer time yet??

Kazyole likes this.
  19. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 23, 2017

Me too

20. incabloc Mar 23, 2017

For me the reason to not go for the trilogy set.

sensui likes this.