Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. kkt Mar 23, 2017

Looks nice!
    What does an up-down indicator show?

2. demchocholips Mar 23, 2017

I think the Speedmaster 60th will perform better than the CK2998 because the iconic 2915-1 design has broader appeal. While 3,557 is not a small number of units, I'd expect that they will all be spoken for by the time watches are ready for delivery. There will be watches offered up by grey market sellers upon release, and this is where the higher production numbers will play a role in value.

thogi and sgtpry like this.
  3. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Mar 23, 2017

I agree totally.

Speedmaster: after more careful examination there are a couple of elements that I don't like and the greatest threat to this and every other Speedmaster variant is the actual Moonwatch. I would in all honesty rather buy a new plain Moonwatch than this.

Seamaster: Why have both this and the regular Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial? I like the regular better since it is a tribute to the old Seamaster 300 but with it's own new design elements. The 57 LE looks like an exact copy of the old one, which I don't get. It's like Omega is trying too hard to bring back the watches that are so popular with the vintage crowd now and doubling in value every other year

flw, zinzan8, hkrauss and 1 other person like this.
  4. dialstatic Mar 23, 2017

My local AD said that The Netherlands aren't getting very many of these (they even said they'll get precisely one for that dealer). Called them this morning, and there was already a waiting list. Didn't have time today to call other Dutch AD's but I expect the situation will be similar. Oh well, we'll see.

Edited Mar 23, 2017
  5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 23, 2017

Are you talking Ace?

6. brownwld Mar 23, 2017

I believe the trilogy text is a no go for many people...

Hopefully i will get my hands on the Speedy :)
    But they didnt have much info today the time I called the Prague OB, when I told her I ve read about paying deposits, she was kind of shocked and didnt believe it.

7. alfanator Mar 23, 2017

I think that the 2915T (tribute) will hold its value, and even appreciate over time. The delta between a vintage one and the tribute is vast. And even if you want to afford a vintage 2915, it is still hard to source.

I agree with your SM/RM analysis. For the SM and RM, the delta between tribute and vintage is not that great. I suspect that the tributes will force some downward pressure on the vintage SM and RM prices as demand falls.

It is a pity that the SM/RM tributes do not have a hesalite crystal like the originals.

thogi, bazamu and Kazyole like this.
  8. dialstatic Mar 23, 2017

Nope, I only talked to Schaap en Citroen (which, by the way, translates as 'Sheep and Lemon'). But their stores make up some 20% of Dutch Omega AD's, so I'm not very hopeful that other ones get many more than S&C (...say that they) do. Sadly, still no boutique in The Netherlands. And I'm not driving to Paris for one :)

9. EatMan Mar 23, 2017

You mirror my thought process the last 24 hours. I thought I would be at least getting the new seamaster and maybe the speedy but now I've moved on (a request for 100% deposit certainly played a factor).

I would rather get a plain moonwatch for 1/2 the price of the LE. In terms of seamaster, I have 2500 PO with some design hints of the original but with its own modern reinterpretation and design elements and I think I will just stick with it.

Still hoping for #ST though.

Speedmasterfan88 likes this.
  10. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Mar 23, 2017

Yes, the Speedy Tuesday is still far more desireable that the 2915 LE. Nice work Robert Jan!

EatMan and Nobel Prize like this.
  11. simplymod Mar 23, 2017

Haha. Very true!

12. marcn Enough space to say witty Mar 23, 2017

I have to think the frustration so many felt over missing out on #ST will generate a fair amount of extra FOMO over these three LEs and we will probably see the non-Trilogy units sell out fairly quick. Very interested to see what the market looks like after they're all delivered. I'm on the list for the SM300, and a bit of FOMO pushed me to pull the trigger there, but mostly because I really do love what they did with the design.

Nobel Prize likes this.
  13. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 23, 2017

Of all three that's the one I like as well

marcn likes this.
  14. Davidt Mar 23, 2017

Wow. All the boutiques and ADs are saying they've had huge interest and there's already a massive waiting list, so everyone had better get their name down quick? Fancy that;)

They do look great (trilogy text on dial excluded). Surprisingly it's the SM300 that's caught my eye more than the RM, although I think any would make a great daily wearer. Strongly suspect I'll end up with one of them.

I do actually think these will hold their value over time, with the Speedy likely increasing slightly. The biggest factor will be any future re-editions adding to these numbers.

oddboy likes this.
  15. jfmiii Mar 23, 2017

waiting list for all or just the Speedy?

pitpro likes this.
  16. rominvicta Mar 23, 2017

Absolutely! Just compare prices with regular Speedy. Almost twice!

17. Meme-Dweller Mar 23, 2017

Tell that to the Silver Snoopy.

18. ATWG Mar 23, 2017

I inquired here locally in DC and they also said that there has been robust interest all day long. They wouldn't confirm receipt of one even with full deposit as demand globally has been quite strong. This watch will be sold out very soon.....

19. rominvicta Mar 23, 2017

Just did it. Silver Snoopy told me not to pay 2000 eur on top of the price i got it at.::bleh::

20. Kazyole Mar 23, 2017

I'd already placed my order by that time. I was just calling to make sure that my payment had processed correctly and that my reservation was confirmed. The rep was apologizing for taking so long to locate my reservation because they'd been "flooded with calls" about the new models, specifically the speedmaster. It was sort of an off-hand comment.