Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. Longbow May 7, 2019

The tool that came with the watch is a spring bar tool, it's not suitable as a screwdriver. If you are going to have a go yourself then first get yourself a decent screwdriver from Bergeon, Horotec or someone like that. It will need to have a 2mm wide blade to fit each of the screws that secure the link pin inside the bracelet links. Note the screws are not attached to the link pin, so you don't need two screwdrivers to act on both sides of the link at the same time.
    link pins and screws.jpg
    A word of warning (since I have already made the mistake so that you don't have too)...
    Make sure that when you put the pin back into the hole inside the links it is fully seated inside the lower, outer link. If you fail to do this the upper link screw will push down on the link pin and actually push the opposing outer link away from the bracelet. If the last screw feels a bit difficult to turn don't force it; take it out and re-check that the pin is sitting deep enough.
    Bent link.jpg
    If you go slow and don't use excess force if things don't seem quite right you'll be fine.

Good luck!

frazierspa and Pun like this.
  2. Longbow May 7, 2019

If you go down the AD or Boutique route then make an explicit point of mentioning/showing my post. Not all staff at ADs have detailed knowledge sufficient to avoid such mistakes...don't ask me how I know that as I wish to protect the ones in question.

frazierspa likes this.
  3. rainking May 7, 2019

Don't encourage me LOL. I don't have the kind of cash to burn that some people on this site do. $4K-$5K is a lot for me to spend on another watch. As much as I want that Railmaster--and the LA boutique has one left in stock, just saw it on Saturday--I've got other things I'd rather spend that much on. If I had to blow $5K in one shot tomorrow, I'd probably put it as a down payment on a new jetski LOL

Edited May 8, 2019
  4. clemenscito May 7, 2019

@Longbow Thank you so much for the detailed description! That is sooo helpful! Really appreciate it. @Jantar I will probably give the AD a visit, Only have Tourneau here but they should know after all.

Longbow likes this.
  5. JSal16 May 7, 2019

Has anyone seen a new Speedmaster Trilogy in an authorized dealer in the US recently or know of a reputable source to secure one? I'm looking to pick one up at msrp.

Thanks OF.

6. clemenscito May 7, 2019

Hi @JSal16,
    I have spent quite some time scouting for one and was not able to find one at an AD anywhere. I ended up going for an unworn one on Chrono24.

7. Longbow May 7, 2019

8. rohnin May 8, 2019

I have a brand new one I can sell for MSRP plus tax (sorry too lazy to post in for sale section)

9. SC1 May 25, 2019

Hello,

Hopefully not too late to the party here... I have a lead on a pre-owned Seamaster 300 '57 and wanted to ask you folks here for photos/thoughts/opinions on the fit of it -- in particular the 48mm lug to lug length -- on a very boney, flat, 6.5 inch wrist? I love the watch but since I cannot find one local to me to even try on prior to this potential purchase (seller is halfway across the country from me) I am a bit worried that the lugs will be too large for my wrist. As a reference, I usually wear a 36-38mm diameter watch with lugs that don't exceed 46mm in length.

Any help greatly appreciated!

10. T3F May 26, 2019

I have exactly the same wrist size and composition and tried this watch on last week. You'll be totally fine as far as the lugs go and the watch will fit you very well. That being said, taste is subjective, and I will warn you that the watch will wear substantially bigger than those already in your collection. I wouldn't say the Seamaster is overly thick, but it is probably a bit burlier in that aspect than what you're used to, so you should be ready for that. Again, I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing; it's just something to note.

On a semi-related note, I found an AD with all three trilogy models still in stock last week. I thought about buying all three (there's still a better chance than I'd like to admit that I do go back for the others), but ultimately decided on the Speedy. The other two are also incredible, but I already have the "regular" Seamaster 300 so I figured it didn't make sense to have that and the trilogy one, and I've gotten a bit bored with very simple watches like the Railmaster before (I need some chaos, I guess, :)). The Speedmaster was what initially got me into watches a few years back, so I'll always have a soft spot for it, and I've been on both a vintage and smaller watch kick as of recent, so this made almost too much sense. I do think this will be one that was sort of overlooked by many -- not that it wasn't/isn't popular -- and will become very sought-after in the future. It's incredibly well-executed in every way, has a better bracelet than any other Speedy, and is also a diameter that will look great on wrists of all sizes.

padders and SC1 like this.
  11. SC1 May 26, 2019

Thank you very much for your reply!

Great to read your thoughts and reasoning behind your thoughts... your reply is more or less mirroring what a few others have mentioned to me (a couple internet friends and an Omega boutique manager included) about the 300 '57 Trilogy: that I'll love it, that it'll be a great fit BUT I might need a day or so to acclimate to it.

Thank you again.

12. Omegafanman May 26, 2019

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions - Looking at the clasp on the Trilogy 300 Seamaster bracelet it looks like there is no diver extension?
    Is anybody able to confirm that? Thanks

Edited May 26, 2019
  13. padders Oooo subtitles! May 26, 2019

Correct no extension, all 3 bracelets are essentially the same, other than the end links. The micro adjust mechanism takes up the space. Its no loss really IMO.

SC1 and Omegafanman like this.
  14. Mach May 26, 2019

My wrist is the same size as yours. During my recent trip to L.A., one of the ADs had the Railmaster and the Seamaster 300 still available. I almost pulled the trigger:
    25CA1F75-EB98-4718-AF3E-445BA98A63D6.jpeg
    I still may since I really love this piece. However, I have my name down for a Sub ND and the new Blancpain Barakuda. I’ve seen it available in quite a few ADs during my travels throughout the U.S. So, I still have time.
    F43A2553-4393-4D36-B141-E741A51CC390.jpeg
    646BB446-3FD7-4ED7-8A69-FBDF6DCB605C.jpeg
    When the Trilogy collection was announced, it was a case of this or the Speedy. In the end, I decided to go with the Speedy:
    D49A92F5-0034-40D8-BD4F-66BB18B74B55.jpeg
    I say go for it. As others have stated, it may take some time to get use to it. But, those of us with smaller wrists need to take advantage of these infrequent opportunities offered by the likes of Omega and Blancpain. Keep us posted!

Seaborg, SC1 and Omegafanman like this.
  15. Omegafanman May 26, 2019

I pulled the trigger on 60th 300 Seamaster last year but for various reasons it has not had much (any) real wrist time. I started wearing it properly this weekend and I am really enjoying the watch. I wanted it for the history, the accurate reproduction plus the fact it is a limited edition... But I am now loving / enjoying it as a daily wear watch. Beautiful, functional, easy to read and the countdown bezel is a nifty and novel feature.

085 - Copy.jpg
  16. Swissmister May 26, 2019

I would just add that all three are beautiful and impressive watches, the best homage watches I've yet seen, and they wear very well. The bracelet is top notch. If size is a concern, did you consider the smaller Railmaster? Choosing one of these is terrible. Omega should sell the trio for 6k (to make them available to more buyers). They are truly fantastic watches.

Edited May 26, 2019
  17. SC1 May 26, 2019

Thank you all... the replies are very helpful!

Yes, I did consider the Railmaster as well but as this will be a "one and done" piece for me I opted against it due to its lower WR as well as the Push/Pull crown.

18. llvhhui May 26, 2019

If you like the pumpkin color lume, I say go for it. I love my Seamaster. It was more of an impulse buy a year ago. You get the vintage feel but don’t have to baby it because it’s a modern piece still under warranty. It’s versatile and comes with different straps. Perfect one and done watch. I have the same size wrist too by the way.

DIV and SC1 like this.
  19. janw23 May 28, 2019

I think all the Trilogy are just a tad too big for a 6.5" wrist personally as one-and-done watch, because of the lug-to-lug and the size of the bracelet mainly - without the bracelet looks fine. Also looks fine with the bracelet if you wear your watches higher up on the wrist and are otherwise well built. Something more the size of the Speedmaster Reduced (10-11 mm thickness, 38 mm, and 44 mm lug-to-lug) sits better and looks more elegant on a slender wrist I think, but there is no adjusting the size of the Trilogy to fit this design into a smaller form factor. This is as small as it gets, and it's still small by modern standards.

To give you an idea, I have a 6.6" wrist and can 'feel' my Speedmaster Trilogy on the wrist all day - due to the size of the bracelet, clasp and the weight of the watch. With the Reduced, I can wear it all day, even go to bed with the damn thing and I will never feel it, it is like a part of my arm - as it should be for a one-and-done. Nonetheless, I love the Trilogy Speedmaster but I have to concede that the Reduced is just a better form factor for all day wear - the best watches are the ones that you forget are there IMO.

I would buy from a seller with a good returns policy, or buy at a price whether you will lose hardly anything if you resell (there are several offers in the $4300-4500 range these days). Buying a watch unseen often leads one to reconsider later and a journey of flipping in my experience.

Edited May 28, 2019
    SC1 likes this.
  20. mmrols May 28, 2019

That 300 looks awesome! Man I want one.

SC1 likes this.