Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. Caliber561 Mar 18, 2019

I think it's a given that the crowns would compress the gaskets and provide a stronger seal as depth increases. I don't think anyone has disputed that before — it's more or less the inherent design of the crown.
    However, you are making the assumption that the crowns provided inadequate protection in shallow depths. It has been stated that it is more likely that these crowns gained an unreliable reputation as they were not screw-down and were not often replaced when expired. Had the crowns been screw-down, unintentional manipulation would be avoided, though failure to replace the crown upon gasket failure would compromise the watch anyway.

Omegafanman likes this.
  2. Longbow Mar 19, 2019

@CommandoSwat, looks like you received the wrong box set; my Railmaster boxes are both marked 551.

What colour NATO did you get with your watch?
    D2B0B747-DA00-43BB-AB4F-77A1EF5CD3FF.jpeg D8564508-C474-4EB5-B45B-C85E9CEBCB5F.jpeg

3. jownz Mar 23, 2019

4. omega.spaceman Mar 26, 2019

Anyone with the trilogy SM, and have it on wrist rotation for some time can share something about your experience with the watch?

Its 2019 and I am still so infatuated with it. Maybe it's time to look around for one.

ReturnOfUltraman likes this.
  5. llvhhui Mar 26, 2019

If you like the vintage design and don't mind the orange "patina" lume, it's a great watch. Where else can you get the vintage look and cutting edge movement? Plus the resale price has dropped quite a lot.

6. speedydownunder Mar 26, 2019

Love the size and love the look. Good adjustable bracelet. Very easy to wear.

7. LeonDeBayonne Mar 26, 2019

It's a fantastic watch. Perfect size for most wrists (diameter, lug-to-lug, thickness). The dial's colour changes with the light, from brownish-to-grey-and-black. It wears very well with a perlon strap, steel bracelet or leather strap. The only negative comment I have is on the buckle which is too thick and big (this is why I don't wear it with the bracelet).

In a word, since I started buying watches c.20 years ago, I have always considered the ck2915 to be the greatest chronograph ever made. So, true, the reedition is not the real thing, but it is very, very close, will get closer as it ages (cosmetically speaking), and it costs a fraction of the price. And while I'm aware that it has been trading below par on the secondary market since the release, I am almost certain that this will no longer be the case in a couple of years.

djmusicman likes this.
  8. abrod520 Mar 26, 2019

It's awesome. Don't have anything else to say about it. Check WatchRecon as values are starting to head down

9. Jantar Mar 26, 2019

I really like my 60th SM300. I have small wrists and it wears a little differently than the speedmaster. It feels heavier to me but not overly so. I usually wear it on a strap because I don’t like the bracelet buckle.

I swim in it regularly. Mine seems quite accurate and the lume is very bright, unlike the speedmaster which is harder to read at night.

I really love the dial on this watch. Certainly one of my favorites and sees a lot of time on the wrist.

ECB8089C-020B-4C9D-8AAC-9D30BB3A32CA.jpeg

Seaborg, LeonDeBayonne and gr8sw like this.
  10. rainking Mar 26, 2019

I hate coming into this thread every few months. I want that 60th Railmaster big time, just don't want to spend the money and I don't need it, per se. But damn I love that watch every time I see it.

Pun and sturosen like this.
  11. sturosen Mar 26, 2019

I finally gave in and bought the thing (at a bit of a discount from an AD), but I get it. No logical reason I needed it, but loved the simplicity/pureness of it.

Pun, rominvicta and rainking like this.
  12. rainking Mar 26, 2019

Feel the same. My budget, however, does not. Even in the $4K-and-change price range, I just don't want to spend the money when I already have nice watches to wear. Sigh. Maybe one day LOL

sturosen likes this.
  13. sturosen Mar 26, 2019

I want your discipline! I need your discipline!

14. rainking Mar 26, 2019

LOL I'd have to sell something to get it and not feel guilty about it, but I don't have anything to sell that I wouldn't miss. If I had another $10K in the bank right now I'd just buy the damn thing, but I don't.

15. omega.spaceman Mar 27, 2019

The lume indeed looks orange now you mention it. Thanks guys for the replies.

16. LeonDeBayonne Mar 27, 2019

more brownish than orange, you should try it

17. Jantar Mar 27, 2019

The lume color really depends on the lighting. You need to see one of these in person in different lighting conditions. For example the pic of mine above is in a fairly dark office with a 60W incandescent bulb filtered through a black linen shade so it casts a different hue than natural sunlight. Also, because iPhone...

LeonDeBayonne likes this.
  18. deanathan12 Mar 27, 2019

I always liked the Speedmaster better so the 1957 Broad Arrow Speedmaster is just...wow

s-l1600.jpg
    LeonDeBayonne likes this.
  19. CommandoSwat Apr 5, 2019

Seems like they did give me the wrong one (I have the Seamaster straps). I purchased via the gray market (reputable source) but I contacted the original AD and it seems they don't have any 551 boxes left!

Complete shot in the dark, but any ideas on how to get the correct box and straps?

20. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Apr 5, 2019

Omega? Contact a boutique and see if they can order for you.

Longbow likes this.