Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. Mach Nov 3, 2017

I was at my AD (in the Boston area) trying to get some 'intel' on my Trilogy Speedmaster's expected delivery date. They have a Trilogy Seamaster 300 available. The intended owner changed his mind and decided to acquire a different Omega. PM me if you interested in the AD's info.

2. Mach Nov 3, 2017

Not long after I sent this, I finally received the call I've been waiting for - my '57 Trilogy Speedmaster has arrived:

Speedy13.JPG

Here's a couple of shots of the Seamaster 300 I mentioned:

Speedy8.JPG

Speedy9.JPG

Once again, PM if interested and I will provide the AD's contact info.

HAGWE!

Mark

3. daddykc Nov 4, 2017

Weighed my option IMG_4730.JPG

cfracing, Longbow, padders and 4 others like this.
  4. James Lin Nov 4, 2017

Thanks the sharing of Mark!
    In addition, OMEGA should do the quality control well.
    There are several obvious defects on the inner of the special box, which appeared on Mark’s picture and mine.
    When I told that to my AD, the manager gave me the no good answer: “the SMLE price is not expensive like Rolex Submariner, so we don’t ask OMEGA more”. #*^#+*!?

2B725410-14BE-41AB-A60E-344E258028E4.jpeg

5. Watchmutt Nov 4, 2017

Thats a rubbish answer.

6. DIV Nov 4, 2017

Cool...we can now compare weights....here is my RM with a total of 9 screws total...how many does your SM bracelet have? 20171104_082007.jpg 20171104_081923.jpg

Pun, James Lin, Longbow and 2 others like this.
  7. Mach Nov 4, 2017

At the time I took the photo, I didn't really see the marks. I was too preoccupied with the watch. But, I noticed it last night when I posted the picture. I initially thought it was carelessness on behalf of the AD. Now, perhaps, there is a lack of QC at Omega???

James Lin likes this.
  8. rohnin Nov 4, 2017

Seriously. The suede roll marks up the corduroy, and I think I saw a cover for it that would prevent this but maybe not all come with them or they get removed at some point

Are the boxes all interchangeable among the RM, SM300 and Speedmaster? Or do they have slight differences I wonder

James Lin likes this.
  9. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Nov 4, 2017

I suspect Omega focused on the watch.

Anyone who opened that box could have easily gotten it dirty. And is the boxes and watches were whipped separately, who know how many times the box was handled before you took delivery. Did you try cleaning the spots?

James Lin likes this.
  10. Mtnmansa Nov 4, 2017

James,
    I bought 2 Trilogies, Railmaster and Speedmaster.
    One from AD and one from Boutique, (in no order to point fingers)
    The Speedmaster was NOT touched by ANYONE, (they know I’m OCD), and had a white cover over the black leather watch roll. I suppose I could dig out the boxes and take photos.
    The Railmaster unfortunately was handled and set up as presentation for when I picked it up. Their were black marks on the corduroy and I have tried cleaning with no success. I immediately asked for paper towels to cover the black leather to limit further ‘contamination’.
    I’m sure it was unintentional and an oversight.
    I dare say had I known about the white fabric bag, covering the watch roll, I would have rejected the Railmaster box for a new one.
    I hope this helps, just my experience.

Theognosis, frazierspa and James Lin like this.
  11. Theognosis Nov 4, 2017

I too had smudges on the corduroy. I was more concerned about the NATO getting “contaminated” and it was enough for me that it was clean.

I tried to clean the corduroy with no success but at the end of the day, it’s just a box. After some years, the exterior leather (I don’t think it’s genuine) will decay anyway so it wasn’t a big deal for me.

munichblue and James Lin like this.
  12. Speedy_Gonzales Nov 4, 2017

Especially considering that at full retail the SMLE is only $500.00 less than a no-date Sub. There are just some people who shouldn't be a retail or customer service.

13. watchlovr Nov 5, 2017

2 out of 3.
    fullsizeoutput_1262.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1282.jpeg

14. munichblue Nov 5, 2017

Please don’t get me wrong, really no offence meant, but I’m always a bit amused how much care and attention some people give to their boxes and the whole package. I can understand this level of concern over the actual watch but the boxes?

But to each his own … :whistling:

Theognosis likes this.
  15. Tritium Nov 5, 2017

Now imagine a real constellation reissue...::love::

munichblue and Theognosis like this.
  16. Theognosis Nov 5, 2017

When Omega is toying with perfection, people will tend to nitpick. As far as I’m concerned, the size of the box and its tendency to get dirty easily are the only “bad” things I can say about the entire package. The Trilogy is a resounding success for Omega and its fans.

Now back to my therapy. I’m having RMLE obsession syndrome convulsions again. Haha!

17. munichblue Nov 5, 2017

Guess how long the CK2998 sat on my wrist today? :D

Theognosis likes this.
  18. munichblue Nov 5, 2017

Oh Lord, just checked my emails and have seen one from my local OB saying something is waiting for me. Have to go there tomorrow ... :)

19. blokk Nov 5, 2017

Wonder what that is

20. Mtnmansa Nov 5, 2017

None, taken.
    Just an explanation of how the black smudges appear to have rubbed off on the corduroy.
    I put the boxes, which are too big and cumbersome in storage as soon as I got home.

Theognosis and munichblue like this.