Omega 176.0012 with 000 movement number

Posts
30
Likes
27
Hi, I’m pleased to have added a speedy Mk4.5 to my growing collection. The watch is not in hand yet, it looks standard to me but I nearly didn’t bid as the movement serial number is 000267xx, having done some research and read some very knowledgeable posts here I went ahead. The watch looks standard to me, any ideas on a pre prod/prototype serial number?
I didn’t buy it for movement number or pay a premium but as ever keen to learn

 
Posts
13,633
Likes
18,988
Here’s a blow up of the serial number decal: Not sure how you can tell what the serial number is from that out of focus picture. 2nd digit could be a “6” or “8” also. My guess is that this is a standard movement for this reference.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa
 
Posts
30
Likes
27
Thank you. The seller gave me the serial number as I could just make out the first three zeros, typically I believe the movement number would be c43m, from what I’ve read Omega used 000 on pre production and prototype watches. I believe it is a cal 1045 although it isn’t stamped on rotor or elsewhere that I can see.