Omega 14393/94 Constellation want to purchase

IMG_1120.jpeg IMG_1129.jpeg IMG_1128.jpeg IMG_1122.jpeg IMG_1121.jpeg Hi everyone. I’ve been lurking here for a month or so, and this is my first post. If I do or write anything improper, please let me know. I’m new to vintage Omegas and I am smitten with this watch . I know it is polished, perhaps over polished, and I’m ok with that. I’m most concerned with the dial. I know the pictures are not exactly high quality, but if I may impose upon you fine folks to look at the photos, and give me your thoughts on the watch, good or bad.
Thank you, and I look forward to being a part of this forum.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome!
Unfortunately I think you have found a redial. The matte black paint looks off, print is smudged, minute marks are inconsistent.
The case is polished but not terrible.
Black watches are considered guilty until proven innocent, there are many redial and Frankenstein.

The movement is also very dirty and there appears to some corrosion as well. Here are photos of my reference 14393 to give you an idea of what an authentic example should look like.
IMG_5886.jpeg IMG_5611.jpeg IMG_5909.jpeg
Edited:

I’m most concerned with the dial.
It’s beyond its best but it does look to be an original dial imo.

Like 3
Welcome!
Unfortunately I think you have found a redial. The matte black paint looks off, print is smudged, minute marks are inconsistent.
The case is polished but not terrible.
Black watches are considered guilty until proven innocent, there are many redial and Frankenstein.

The movement is also very dirty and there appears to some corrosion as well. Here are
photos of my reference 14393 to give you an idea of what an authentic example should look like.
IMG_5886.jpeg IMG_5611.jpeg IMG_5909.jpeg

That’s a beautiful watch! Your dial does appear sharper to my untrained eyes. A dirty movement is one thing, but corrosion is a deal breaker to me. Thank you.

It’s beyond its best but it does look to be an original dial imo.
Thank you. I have 2 nays, and 1 yay so far. I think between the dial condition, and corrosion on the movement, I will pass on this one.

I also thought it's a original black railtrack. Did'nt @watchyouwant had a similar one for sale?

Yes he did. Here it is, it now's my favorite watch. And below and old one that I used to have. @MtV used to have one as well.

I don't see anything off with that dial of the OP, but I'm very bad at spotting redials in general.

1000028247.jpg
1000028251.jpg

Like 1
Please point out the inconsistent minute marks @Bruce235

I’m 100% with @seekingseaquest - good feeling regarding legitimacy of the dial but I’d want better pics. Not that this would make it a great piece, but it still makes a big difference if it’s a redial or not.

IMG_4533.jpeg

Like 3
I'm not opining one way or the other on the dial, and I too would like better photos, but I think that I see evidence of corrosion in the movement and that's what concerns me, particularly some of the screw heads and the area around ten o'clock. Am I seeing things, is it just dirty, or does this look like corrosion to anyone else?

Like 1
Thanks for calling @seekingseaquest ;)

4CE278CD-787D-4DC3-BE2B-1196CE18C627.jpeg

From the pictures provided, I believe that OP’s dial is the original black railtrack.
However, the luminous material on the hour-markers especially at 5 o’clock might be added later.

Like 2
Quoted member MtV
Please point out the inconsistent minute marks @Bruce235

I’m 100% with @seekingseaquest - good feeling regarding legitimacy of the dial but I’d want better pics. Not that this would make it a great piece, but it still makes a big difference if it’s a redial or not.

IMG_4533.jpeg
I am seeing different lengths to the minute marks all around the dial. Maybe it was cleaned at some point?Screenshot_20231123_100635_Chrome.jpg

I'm not opining one way or the other on the dial, and I too would like better photos, but I think that I see evidence of corrosion in the movement and that's what concerns me, particularly some of the screw heads and the area around ten o'clock. Am I seeing things, is it just dirty, or does this look like corrosion to anyone else?

I will ask for better, straight down dial pictures, but wouldn’t the corrosion/dirty movement be a huge red flag? It’s a 64 year old watch, but I would still want it to operate, and tell time with a decent degree of accuracy.

Like 1
I am seeing different lengths to the minute marks all around the dial. Maybe it was cleaned at some point?Screenshot_20231123_100635_Chrome.jpg
Ofc you see different lengths as the picture is taken from the side, not right in front..

I would easily bet that this dial is not a redial,

looks like some fade on the text but think that’s just the pictures , as if I recall correctly the dial is made of brass ..

That movement wouldn’t stop me buying it. It might need a few parts at service but it isn’t a deal breaker.

I’m also in the camp that thinks the dial is original. Overall I like it. It’s no concourse winner but if the price is right I’d have bought it already as it should make a good daily

Like 2