Omega 105.003-65 opportunity

Hi guys,

I have the opportunity to buy an Omega 105.003-65. It has a lot of problems, and I'd like to be sure about them before eventually making an offer.

Global : dirty. dirty... dirty. Maybe a water problem ?
Hands : Not the good ones. And poor condition. The chrono one can be saved for an other watch.
Case : Clearly not as new. but is it ok?
Case back : looks good, maybe too good ?
Dial : looks ok.
Bezel : Looks original and in an honest condition.
Pushers : I'm not sure... It looks like to me that they are originals.
Crown : service one
Mouvement : correct range 24531xxx but no eoa

If I'm optimist, it needs a service and correct hands.
If I'm pessimist, it just good for parts.

Here are the pics I got from the seller.

What are your conclusions and estimation ?

tempImageAtzdq1.png b.jpeg tempImageqqwnAM.png tempImageTKzqfd.png tempImagevKNphV.png f.jpeg g.jpeg h.jpeg

depends on price i guess

Pushers look ok
caseback looks ok
chrono hand later replacement hands probably same
case looks ok just well worn

but I'm no expert
Edited:

Are the pushers correct? Perhaps it’s the angle but they look large to me.

Chrono hand certainly not correct but hour/minute ones may be.

The dial, bezel and case are original and look fairly nice to me. The case isn’t over polished and seems to retain an element of the original finish to the sides and the lume looks attractive. Clearly it’s been used as intended but for the right price this could be a good watch.

Consider it at maximum fair but you will have to invest on it 7500-8500 price range maxi

Not too bad but of course all depends on price?
As I said in the other Ed White thread, a good service/clean by a trusted vintage Omega expert like Simon Freese would give it a clean bill of health, for the right price its a really nice wearable watch that you would'nt get stressed about wearing..

I was expecting a lot worse based on the description. I think it will probably clean up to make a nice wearable Ed White.

The price is 7k. But if i have to invest for the hands, puschers, crown and a service, the final price will be quite different :)
There are some Ed white for 10k in a much better shape

It will take time and effort to get a better example for similar money IMO.

Very fair price for a great looking Speedy :thumbsup:

Take it before s.o else does.

Thanks guys for your help.
I contacted him this morning, the seller wants now 10k for his watch... So it's not a good deal at the end.
I'll keep the contact with him, but it looks like complicated...

I contacted him this morning, the seller wants now 10k for his watch... So it's not a good deal at the end.
Did he read this thread? Why the change of heart?

I don't think he reads OF... He's not a connoisseur. For what I understood, he talked with some friends and they say that they value the watch at 10k chf at least. So 10k is his price now.
But he put the watch on a auction website at 7k in the same time. I put an offer to block a transaction, we'll see where it goes...

I already had a nice 68 transitional for a indecent price, it can't happen twice a year :)
It would have been a nice present though !

That's a big change. There is a lesson here.