Old Omega speedmaster identification and advices

Hello,

I got an old Speedmaster from my grand-father. I don't have any informations on it (no box or papers). It wasn't used for more than 15 years.
Could you help me to identify the exact model ? I know the picture isn't excellent, I will be able to take better ones soon.
I think it deserve at least the movement serviced, which parts should I keep according to you ?

Thanks !

That's a very nice gift!

You will need to take it to a watchmaker and have them open the caseback. The information you need will be there.

Looks like a 105.012-66 by the shirt pushers and wide T Swiss Made T.

It appears in largely original condition albeit we only have one picture to go on so side and rear pictures would help.

It’s definitely a 105.012 though I don’t see enough to narrow it down to 66 just yet, although it likely is - just flip it over. One bevel on the case back it’s a 66, two bevels it’s earlier.

It is a lovely looking thing to me, used but attractively patinated. The bezel is poor, but who cares, it is what it is. What I mean by that it looks like the original bezel and fits with the watch.

when servicing my instructions would be to service the movement, polish the crystal, and do not replace anything else - most especially the pushers, hands dial and crown. Do not polish any part of the case, just clean it all.

tell him not to try to do anything to those pushers which are press fit, and the heart of the attraction of this reference, apart from the usual speedmaster points.

Find a good independent watchmaker who specializes in vintage Omega and can give the watch a sympathetic service that will help to retain the watch's vintage character. If you can tell us where you're located, we might be able to recommend a watchmaker for you.

That case looks lovely!
Listen to Spacefruit. Do not polish! You will not be allowed back on here!!

It looks good!
As they say, it’s important to keep it as it and, important thing : take your time to find a good independent watchmaker.

Et félicitations pour cette montre!

I would recommend sending it to Simon Freese here in the UK.

with all the customs troubles involved after brexit? 😕 Better to stay in the EU

If you fancy spending a weekend in the Loire Valley, I've heard excellent things about Alain Delepine, based in Amboise, and who also happens to be accredited by Omega.

with all the customs troubles involved after brexit? 😕 Better to stay in the EU
Exactly. I assume there will be dozens of options in France alone

Hello,

I got the papers today, it is indeed a 105.012 never serviced or even opened.
2 more pictures of it

did they happen to take any pictures of the caseback and movement?

Very nice Speedy! I really like patina. And though the bezel shows a fair amount of wear, it definitely gives the watch tons of character and should be left on it as is.

A simple service, without changing any exterior part, is all this watch needs.

I didn't open it (and I wouldn't dare😀) so I don't have any picture of the movement.
What could be the greenish part near the pushers ? corrosion ?

Based on the marks in the notches in the case back, it’s been opened previously.