Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. rominvicta Oct 5, 2020

That’s really a bit of a stretch. Especially on side of demand. Most likely the Sub in all its iterations has a larger production number than Speedmaster but ... demand is way higher than the one for latter.

hb8745 likes this.
  2. Martin_J_N Oct 5, 2020

My gut feeling is that this will be available for a good few years, I guess that Omega have tooled up and got all the pieces they need to keep the watch in production for a while, no reason for them to limit production as long as there is demand they will keep making it, this way Omega can make 1,000 or 2,000 or 5,000 or 10,000 or ...........

SwissZ likes this.
  3. bobby shankit Oct 5, 2020

My Silver Snoopy arrived today :thumbsup:

5050B42D-8CD1-44DC-9754-C481F2CE7B16-L0-001.JPG

4. Mtnmansa Oct 5, 2020

Yes, it’s the same case as Apollo XI and has the notch for that bracelet to fit.

5. padders Oooo subtitles! Oct 5, 2020

You were robbed, that's not the silver Snoopy, that is the first black dial watch, worth considerably less ::bleh::

E-wotch likes this.
  6. schoolboy Oct 5, 2020

Ive read most of the posts I think. I saw one specific post of a member saying he put down money which he could indeed afford lol

Seemed like a weird flex.

That's what I was referring to.

:cheers:

7. pdxleaf ... Oct 5, 2020

That Snoopy 2 lume is pretty trick! Wouldn't mind seeing that again.

Speedmaster has been a relative bargain in this price range, right? The people's luxury watch (more so if you consider they used to give 10 to 20% discounts off msrp.) I agree with you that a 2.5k base increase in the moonwatch seems inevitable given the new movement and overall market interest in luxury watches, for better or worse.

8. WatchNurse Oct 5, 2020

I just got off the phone with an OB. Looks like they're anticipating the watch run to be about 5-6k pieces made...sounds like a limited production. I don't really care for that detail- I looooove it already! It's like Omega knew I'm obsessed with anything blue...the bonus being Snoopy ::love::

Morseman, YY77, pdxleaf and 1 other person like this.
  9. omegafan79 Oct 5, 2020

I couldn't agree more! I think it's a great addition to the Snoopy collection. I have been looking into getting an Omega Speedmaster for a while and was checking out different models, pre-owned vs new, etc. I actually found this article that was super helpful in comparing models: https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-blog/buying-guides/omega-speedmaster-ultimate-buying-guide.html

"The Omega Speedmaster boasts humble beginnings during an era in which dress watches ruled the market. Today, the iconic chronograph is widely considered to be one of the most important timepieces in history after becoming both the first watch worn in space and the first watch worn on the Moon."

10. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

11. angschte Oct 5, 2020

I love it. Also that it is non-LE (so this will hopefully take out all the flippers and they can stay and continue to flip Rolex).

Just wanted to give Kudos to that person (watchstick_81) who came up with that Picture weeks back; suspiciously close. Or it is actually a LE edition in white gold that has not yet been released (this is pure speculation and I have no indication that this would happen).

Soulcreek and Croc like this.
  12. Arctic228 Oct 5, 2020

Anyone know of if the movement is a vertical or horizontal clutch? I'm asking because I like the running seconds hand

13. Texasjohn Oct 5, 2020

A very well executed piece.

schoolboy likes this.
  14. schoolboy Oct 5, 2020

Dang that caseback movement stuff is super cool, and for $10k?

Seems worth it to me.

Is the crystal sapphire or hesalite?

looks like hesalite to me

15. Evitzee Oct 5, 2020

Sapphire from now on. People don't want plastic on a $10k purchase.

Speedo_Fr and schoolboy like this.
  16. Arctic228 Oct 5, 2020

Any details on thickness of watch?

Twocats likes this.
  17. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Oct 5, 2020

People don't want bands and buckles either, but here we are.

Speedo_Fr, SwissZ, Taddyangle and 8 others like this.
  18. TokenMao Oct 5, 2020

Just spoke with my OB, they admitted the non-limited language was confusing but reiterated that it'll be a limited production, targeting between 5-10k units produced over the course of ~2 years. It's debatable what qualifies as limited production vs non-limited, but those numbers roughly align with what I'd expect to be adequate supply to meet the majority of demand and prioritize revenue but not also flood to the market so much that it significantly devalues the piece. I don't think it makes sense to make this truly non-limited, i.e. continue producing 50th anniversary snoopy watches 5 years past the 50th anniversary.

VjaceCZ, E-wotch, sgtiger and 2 others like this.
  19. Martin_J_N Oct 5, 2020

I think that non limited means exactly that, you will be able to buy one for a while, a few years at least, Omega will continue to produce the watch as long as there is demand.

90sgensOmegafan and rominvicta like this.
  20. nismo Oct 5, 2020

The risk with that approach is the people that put up $10k immediately for a SS watch may not be as interested in future pieces if the values drop due to more availability (both in number and timeframe availability). Limited number and/or limited timeframe help maintain prices so you can get repeat business more frequently. Otherwise just wait for these $10k unlimited watches to hit depreciation and pick one up used, but never worn.

neoguendia, hb8745 and schoolboy like this.