Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. WatchNurse Jul 19, 2020

Forget safe queening. I w
    I hear ya. I'm also not trying to get too excited just in case. I just hope it doesn't have too many or if any yellow gold accents. Not a fan of yellow gold. After all, it is the SILVER Snoopy award lol

2. g-boac Jul 19, 2020

I completely agree. Yes it's the 50th anniversary, but as you said, it is a SILVER Snoopy. So if it's going to be gold, make it white gold. Or please stick with stainless. Gold does not belong on a Silver Snoopy.

Japanred and WatchNurse like this.
  3. Evitzee Jul 19, 2020

After Apollo 11 at $9,650 Omega won't undercut that price, they aren't going backwards. People are dreaming of a repeat of the 45th Snoopy, but lightening won't strike twice. We'll see in 2 1/2 months.

Japanred likes this.
  4. kelsey Jul 19, 2020

Yellow gold is my favorite watch metal, agree though this should be steel, unless they make a solid moonshine gold edition, and a steel edition.

Not a fan of white gold, be better with some silver instead being it’s the silver Snoopy.

I think the previous one was very well executed, love too see if they can better it :)

Glad there will be around 7000 of this edition as the last one was too limited and I don’t think would be enough to go around this time.

WatchNurse likes this.
  5. abrod520 Jul 20, 2020

Nope, every LE Speedmaster is gonna be $10k+ from now on I'm afraid :thumbsdown:

Given that the 50th anniversary of any event is the Golden anniversary, I think in this case some gold does make sense enough, even if it's not my thing. I think the Apollo 11 50th pulled it off OK though.

Where has this information come from? Haven't heard anything about this being 7000 units.

6. Japanred Jul 20, 2020

I for one can’t wait to see what happens on 5th October. I love my white snoopy and have loved it since way before prices went crazy. It’s a fun, non-serious watch with a bit of playfulness about it. I love the history and snoopy’s association with space travel. I love the fact that it’s a strap rather than bracelet, it’s informal and can be worn anywhere. Ironically the silly price of it means I’m a bit more hesitant to wear it than I normally would be. The fact that I chose the white snoopy as a wedding present over all of the other watches out there has elevated this watch to something that any other watch can only aspire to. My children are only young but when they get older I’m sure they will appreciate the playfulness of the Snoopy on both front and back and it’s a bonus that 5th Oct is my birthday too so hopefully lots of nice surprises that day.

7. kelsey Jul 21, 2020

Heard at an OB I have my name down at. Both I and my wife want one, if limited though we can only get one :(

8. abrod520 Jul 21, 2020

Well, see the Apollo 11 thread - someone picked one up just yesterday, after asking their Omega Boutique about it just a month ago. Maybe 7000 Snoopy watches will go quick, but I have a feeling they won't be too hard to get ahold of if there are 7000 of these "limited edition" watches.

9. llvhhui Jul 21, 2020

If the design is cool, I’d be down to get one regardless of the limited amount.

10. abrod520 Jul 21, 2020

Oh for sure, I'm just not gonna get FOMO'ed into a deposit on something I haven't seen, with this one.

11. llvhhui Jul 21, 2020

I doubt they’ll be able to top the last one. The lumed snoopy is pretty sick.

12. abrod520 Jul 21, 2020

I haven't seen a Silver Snoopy in person (would obv love to) but I think I'm in the "don't love cartoons on watch dials" camp. Cool color combination though and I hope lumed ceramic bezels become part of more LE offerings

13. Dedlock Jul 21, 2020

Seeing how they brought back Aventurine to the latest women constellation range,

I am really hoping/ predicting this speedmaster ends up with an Aventurine dial with snoopy floating in his space suit all Gravity like.

14. kelsey Jul 21, 2020

Different OBs around the world are assigned certain %, so some may not fill their list while others have people miss out (swaps between OBs can and do occur).
    I’ve heard of people waiting many years for a Patek while others get that same model walking in store, sometimes it’s luck.
    I’d say if it’s a design equal to or better then the last Snoopy selling 7000 won’t be an issue.

Personally I hope to see a number produced that assures all those who want get one.

softwareurchin, 5teve457 and Japanred like this.
  15. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jul 24, 2020

With less than 75 days to go... let's admire the Silver Snoopy award A13 display at the renewed Omega museum in Bienne...
    :coffee:
    Bienne_Snoopy.jpg

hansmaulwurf, Dedlock and pdxleaf like this.
  16. Sterling Archer Jul 24, 2020

Called my AD to put my name down and going to put a Deposit as well.

The Red Baron tease has got me very excited. I just hope Omega doesn't go with the give less and charge more mentality. I know that is the growing trend, look at Spectre vs NTTD watch. The last Snoopy was perfection.

My hopes: Dial is white OR they go with a space type dial. Please no plain black/dark grey dial like the original Snoopy. Some sort of handwork on the watch like they did with the last Snoopy. Include the new bracelet, which is phenomenal by all accounts and a unique strap. I would prefer minimal gold on the watch but I suspect there will definitely be some sort of gold element to the watch. I could live with Snoopy in gold, just don't want another 50th anniversary where it is a heavy element of the watch. Under $10k, especially given the current economic climate, would be nice. I could live with $10k, if they come out with an insane package, bracelet, strap, accessories, and limited to 5k or less. $10k+ with only a strap and limited to 7k+ would be pretty disappointing.

I miss not having a Speedy in the collection and this could be a great one and done chronograph/Speedy.

On a side note, 0 chance they put the 321 movement in the watch. I don't expect it at all and don't know why anyone else would.

Personally, I have a feeling they will knock this out of the park and it'll be fantastic. It's the 50th anniversary and they have a lot to live up to.

WatchNurse and Japanred like this.
  17. llvhhui Jul 24, 2020

My guess is some precious metal and priced at 12-13K.

18. Sterling Archer Jul 24, 2020

If Omega does do a 7k limited edition, they will stagger the release like they did with the 50th anniversary. 7k is not going to hit the market at once and they will not be selling under retail anywhere. All the 50th anniversaries haven't even been delivered by Omega, so in effect it feels like a lower limited amount because the market isn't as saturated.

I don't see my AD getting more than 2 of these allocated to them. The list was already several people long so I worked out an arrangement with the owner to put down a small deposit and explained to him that I really do want this watch and would be ready to pay October 5 assuming I liked what I saw.

19. Speedimaster Jul 24, 2020

So from what I hear, the Snoopy is not to be a limited edition. The concept is to be like the new 321. (Throttled production).
    The question for me is, 321 or Snoopy?

david5807, Icnbne and Martin_J_N like this.
  20. Sterling Archer Jul 24, 2020

That would be interesting. From what I hear, the 321 is harder to get than any limited edition anyway. So what would the idea be, produce it until the 55th anniversary? Even if they don't call it a limited edition, they will end up making around 7k when it is all said and done in my opinion but with a 50th anniversary watch I would rather have it limited with a matching number card and engraved. I think that just adds a special touch. EDIT: If they include hand work into the watch, then I can forgo the limited edition stuff because then each watch has a unique element a la the 45th anniversary Snoopy.

321 vs Snoopy is a very personal decision. I would wait until the Snoopy is announced, then decide whether you want it or not. The 321 is a more horologically significant watch for historical and movement enthusiasts. The Snoopy is more of a pop culture piece, less serious, and more overt. I think they are very different.

If you are absolutely in love with the 321 movement and the romance of that, then go with that. If not, that watch is absolutely not worth the money because you are paying a MASSIVE premium for that 321 movement. Otherwise, I think the Snoopy is going to provide more bells and whistles for less money but you will have to live with the likely 3861 movement.