SO is a snoopy fan.
    Son is young but loves omega.
    Friend is not on OF

2. janice&fred Jul 16, 2020

Like I said re-sense of humor...

3. EricCsN Jul 16, 2020

what does dibs mean?

4. EricCsN Jul 16, 2020

No re-sense. See above on my post (23 April 2020) in this thread.

5. asrnj77 Jul 16, 2020

I think limited production means Omega will keep making them until they stop selling well. The FOIS is also a “limited production” and there must be what, 10,000 of them? (Also see “Harrods Tudor Black Bay) If production of this model mirrors that of the FOIS, will the demand still be there? Why would I rush out to pay full retail when I could wait two years and buy one for 30% less?

6. YY77 Jul 16, 2020

1. EricCsN
    2. SO (significant other) of 1
    3. Son of 1
    4. Friend of 1
    5. YY77

7. LeonDeBayonne Jul 17, 2020

Unfortunately, this is not the only topic that gets a lot of negativity and bitterness in the comments. « Watchfid » was another... Probably a sign of the times.

8. Evitzee Jul 17, 2020

The FOIS is a 'Numbered Edition', it is not limited in total number or to any yearly restriction. Since it is nothing special case, dial or movement wise Omega could easily crank up production if the demand was there. Not sure why it is numbered, maybe Omega thought it wouldn't be as popular as it is. I think they are in the 14,xxx range now. It's basically a standard production item, like any other regular Omega watch.. The Apollo 8 is an unnumbered watch but supposedly is restricted in how many Omega can produce each year, probably due to the special treatment the movement requires (possibly outsourced?). Similar to the 321 Ed White, not limited in total number but limited to how many they can make per year. I don't think it is completely clear what the Oct 5th release will be as far as total production plans; maybe 'numbered', maybe constrained as to how many they can make for some reason. We'll have to wait and see what pops out of the Omega machine.

9. pianomankd Jul 17, 2020

I don't get it - so we don't have any graphics of this watch and it's being preordered? I'm so confused...

10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 17, 2020

Don’t know anything, could be anything from just a caseback to a gold Snoopy same as Buzz Butt.
    50th people had deposits 6 months before ( in countries you could deposit ) not knowing anything about it until it was released.
    It’s the FOMO and my mate at the boutique told me world we live in now.

October 5th all will be revealed and another thread will replace this one with they should’ve or shouldn’t have ;)

11. texasmade Jul 17, 2020

And no matter what gets released there are going to be people that hate it and people that love it.

12. Faz Jul 19, 2020

I always suspected that Snoopy was a bad bad dog..::rimshot::

13. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 19, 2020

Can take you back to the pages of the last Snoopy release that turned to shite with the argument when the New Member and Snoopy collector Missed out on one. That was after the flipping for $$s abuse started, which was before the they didn’t make them all in the end debacle :whistling: ( all in one thread )

Edited Jul 19, 2020
  14. pdxleaf ... Jul 19, 2020

Snoopy butts...

15. abrod520 Jul 19, 2020

All Snoopy shitshow stuff aside, I don't think I'm gonna go for this one. I was one of the people who put down a deposit on the 50, and while I like the watch I think it was overall a fairly underwhelming package for the high price they charged. Over time I've come to think that for $10,000 we should have gotten more than a bracelet with no micro-adjust and a crappy cork strap that's a pain to use. Unfortunately, the high-price for low content seems to be the trend with Omega right now as the NTTD Seamaster comes without a single extra - the watch roll that doubles for the inner box has pockets for tools and such, but they're empty... kind of like blank switches in the interior of your top-of-the-line sports car!

I've nearly gotten FOMO'ed into this one but I don't actually have any care for Snoopy at all or any particular affinity for the Apollo 13 mission and I think I'm good. Starting to feel that way about all these $9-10,000 Omegas tbh...

STANDY and pdxleaf like this.
  16. pdxleaf ... Jul 19, 2020

An honest appraisal. If I am being honest I would admit that when I first saw the two Snoopys ( after coming late to the speedmasters) i thought they were goofy.

I like the white dialed snoopy but prefer the 35th white dial or mitsukoshi or 2020 Olympic white dial.

This talk about the upcoming anniversary feels like beanie babies.

I do appreciate recognizing the significance of the anniversaries. I kindof like the 50th apollo 11. But I agree with you that the executions have been underwhelming. Perhaps it's the desire to be able to recognize the original in the new anniversary watch that limits the design.

Now that i am voicing this out loud, this makes me aware of why I am drawn to the newer racing coaxial with 9900. It's improving the brand without slavish adherence to the past. Don't get me wrong, I love the vintage speedmasters. But will i part with big bucks for a new color combination or a Snoopy butt? Not so sure.

Hope i didn't offend anyone. Just thinking out loud.

17. Dedlock Jul 19, 2020

I passed on the Apollo 11 50th didn't appeal to me, but it did sell out close to 7000 pieces? So Omega will be encouraged with its performance and for better or worse I believe higher prices are here to stay with their special eds.

All their latest limited edition or special production items have had marked increase in prices with minor if not negligible adjustments to the design/ watch. The only one that didn't was the Apollo 8 which I couldn't believe had a lower price in comparison to the other dark sides but its price was still in the upper echelon.

Something about this one has me exited though, maybe it's the delayed announcement but my anticipation is quite high.

18. pdxleaf ... Jul 19, 2020

Looking at your avatar is moving me from I want one to I need one.

Glad that Omega is still generating heat for many different interests. Congrats on your choice of watch and date for purchase. It's my daily watch. Never knew there were so many things that needed timing before I got it.

SergioRZ likes this.
  19. kelsey Jul 19, 2020

I for one am excited about the upcoming limited edition Snoopy :)
    I don’t really understand why those who aren’t are so insistent on expressing it here ;)

My son loves the Snoopy in space cartoon.

Japanred and Dedlock like this.
  20. pdxleaf ... Jul 19, 2020

I thought it was a forum rule to be contrarian...

I am still excited about the upcoming release. Just prepared to be disappointed.

Fingers crossed.

EDIT: i also appreciate that you are excited about Snoopy for Snoopy's sake, that Snoopy brings a playfulness to a serious program, and that it acknowledges the best of the space program. It loses some of that magic when we are treating it like a collectible that will go up in cost when we know nothing about what it looks like or is made of. Don't want to a Debbie-downer. Sorry.

Edited Jul 21, 2020
    WatchNurse and Japanred like this.