Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Martin_J_N Jul 24, 2020

My Omega Boutique will not receive their first 321 until 2021, then supplies will be minimal due to the small number being made each year. As for good old Snoopy, well we will have to wait until early October to find out Omega's plans.

2. pdxleaf ... Jul 24, 2020

@Sterling Archer Curious what they charge you for a deposit. Maybe some indication on cost.

3. Sterling Archer Jul 24, 2020

No indication at all, $500. They just had a list of interested people and the list was too long and the owner and I have a good relationship so I was blunt and told him that I wouldn't get one if I was 5th on the list and he said if you really want it put a deposit and I can justify bumping you up the list so the sales associates who have the other names down don't get pissed at him.

I think it was in this thread, or maybe somewhere else, where people were saying Omega BOUTIQUES were asking for a $7k deposit.

Personally, I really doubt any estimation that is much higher than the $10k mark. The 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 was around that amount and I don't see them eager to try to one up that by $2k+ in 2020. Almost every post in every article would be mocking the price. Just my opinion, I could be proven wrong.

pdxleaf likes this.
  4. Dedlock Jul 24, 2020

One of the sales men at my ad informed me that he had recently attended an Omega (virtual) training session and alot of questions were asked about this watch.

he said omega confirmed nothing and were very secretive and keeping everything tightly under wraps with this watch.

He did mention that the AD may get some concrete information soon.

I'm just going nuts lol, what the he'll have they got planned. This could all be some marketing ploy., to drum up interest. I'm surprised there aren't any leaks yet.

Japanred and pdxleaf like this.
  5. Japanred Jul 24, 2020

I agree with all of that.

6. WatchNurse Jul 28, 2020

Impatiently waiting... ;) I stopped by an Omega boutique in town. I struck up a conversation with two of the employees there, one of them happen to be the manager. He told me they should be receiving the Snoopy watches sometime in the next two weeks but could take longer given the whole beer virus. I tried 3 Seamasters while I was there, one of them the "No time to die" version. They wear very nice, less bulky than my Submariner. I think it's safe to say Omega is becoming my favorite brand over others.

7. Martin_J_N Jul 28, 2020

There are no Snoopy watches arriving at your AD in the next couple of weeks, the announcement is not due until 5th October so thats at least 9 weeks away, I think that is a bit of wishful thinking on the AD's behalf. Sorry.

And yes the Seamaster is great, I have owned one since 2010, a wonderful watch.

david5807 likes this.
  8. YY77 Jul 28, 2020

My phone would have translated it to Heineken virus::bleh::

WatchNurse and Martin_J_N like this.
  9. YY77 Jul 28, 2020

There are some negatives to the NTTD sapphire.

WatchNurse likes this.
  10. YY77 Jul 28, 2020

She's talking about an OB, still would be surprising to me too if this happens, for certain spoilers would get out before the actual announcement.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  11. Martin_J_N Jul 28, 2020

Omega will make the announcement on 5th October and say (whatever they say), but any watches that are announced will not hit the dealers until later in the year, so for an AD or OB to state that they are getting them in a few weeks time is somewhat premature IMHO.

Just think about the A11 50th, how long was it between announcement and the first watches getting to dealers?

Japanred likes this.
  12. Vale21 Jul 28, 2020

I also think that no one will receive a snoopy in there boutique before the 5th.
    I might be wrong but that’s my opinion.

We all will see soon

Japanred likes this.
  13. Evitzee Jul 28, 2020

Revealed on May 17th and first deliveries started July 1st. Although the rough parameters of the Apollo 11 were known early in 2019 (reference number, number of pieces, use of moonshine gold, new bracelet, etc) there were NO visual leaks until Omega released the model on May 17th.

Japanred, YY77 and Martin_J_N like this.
  14. YY77 Jul 28, 2020

@Martin_J_N ^what he said.

STANDY and Japanred like this.
  15. Martin_J_N Jul 28, 2020

So around 6 weeks from announcement to those lucky enough to get their sticky fingers on the watch. Therefore if Omega follows this same path with the Snoopy announcement it will be mid-November before a watch is in owners hands.

16. phooi Jul 28, 2020

I posted that my OB required a $7k refundable deposit to remain on the list for the 50th snoopy. I was told the deposit was necessary to determine allocations per OB. At the time of the deposit, there was no information on the watch other than the Oct. 5 date. Other OBs had different policies and amounts so there is no standard corporate policy. I can only confirm my experience so YMMV.

Japanred likes this.
  17. WatchNurse Jul 28, 2020

I also agree it's very premature for the OB manager to have said that. I even called him out, saying that given the times we live in, that I highly doubt they would receive it that quickly. I agree it would make sense for them to receive the watch by the reveal date, or even some weeks after. I suppose we should take into consideration that maybe the Apollo 11's arrived later due to the factory closure from the beer virus? I was just passing on the info... of course, I'll update you guys should I receive a call by October to confirm my interest in the watch then. He didn't mention anything about taking a deposit for the watch, but rather they are doing it by waiting list. I'm planning on stopping by next month for another update hopefully.

Japanred likes this.
  18. texasmade Jul 28, 2020

The fact that a boutique manager is saying 2 weeks is really head scratching. He should be better informed than that.

Martin_J_N, Japanred and WatchNurse like this.
  19. WatchNurse Jul 28, 2020

That's interesting that they asked for a deposit. I suppose maybe the OB I visited hadn't received that many entries for their waiting list. They did mention they have the waiting list to determine their allocations. I hope we're all able to obtain one. I have to say I was very impressed with how friendly/down to earth the employees were. We talked watches for a good 30 minutes.

20. WatchNurse Jul 28, 2020

Fully agree... I called BS(mentally) when he said he hadn't seen anything either lol. Other than that, very nice employees.

Japanred likes this.