Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

they said "non-limited" but no further clarity

2. bbp Oct 5, 2020

Damn nice. I like it much more than the 45th.

speedypants and Pun like this.
  3. schoolboy Oct 5, 2020

So.....

I am not going to say any names.... but why are some members showing off that they are important enough or rich enough that they put a deposit down?

I don’t think that is anything to flaunt.

With my little experience in the Rolex world...

Big fish, like really big fish don’t put a deposit down, and don’t call the AD, and don’t sit on a waitlist.

The AD calls them, in an effort to please them.

I’m not a big fish, I’m a tiny algae hahaha

But it’s crazy that some members are seemingly putting others down because they already put a deposit down.

lol

4. asrnj77 Oct 5, 2020

Rolex is crazy because of the flippers but Rolex themselves don’t charge more for different color dials and bezels unless they’re PM. This is a nice looking watch but Omega is trying to capitalize on previous enthusiasm for limited edition models.

5. Evitzee Oct 5, 2020

I don't think any clarity is needed. It's a regular production item and will be in the catalogue for awhile, they will make them until the market is fulfilled. I don't think we will see many LE's going forward.

6. TokenMao Oct 5, 2020

You might not have read all 20 pages on deposits which to be fair, not reading would be the sensible thing to do, but you literally have it backwards.

The people who've put down deposits (including me) are saying we've done so as a part of info sharing because that's literally what US OBs have required in order to get your name on the list, i.e. (talked to my OB, they said x y z, asked for a deposit of blah to get my name on the list). It's not an attempt to flex at all, it's literally how US OBs are running the process. The only judgment is from other members who are deeming putting down a deposit as a stupid move even though it's literally what US OBs are demanding, questioning whether it'll actually get you a watch, saying that it just sets you up for disappointment, etc.

Not really sure why anyone would go around bragging about the fact that they put down a deposit on a watch, within the world of watches that'd be a pretty nonsensical flex.

Japanred, schoolboy and phooi like this.
  7. isgrb Oct 5, 2020

I threw down. As a head’s up for everyone, my boutique told me that starting today they are only accepting full payments as deposits, the $5k option is out the window now that the watch has been announced.

8. isgrb Oct 5, 2020

Sorry, my point being that if you’re thinking about putting down a $5k deposit I wouldn’t wait too much longer to make that call, you might still be able to do it.

9. mutxi_2012 Oct 5, 2020

sorry guys...it`s just my opinion and taste...I think it is horrible! I mean......why are we here in the Forum? why do we loce speedmaster? because of the history, the fact that the 321 speedies are toolwatches...but this? for me this is just "nothing than Marketing". Omega should work more as Singer on the Porsches! make something new but based on the roots and making it better...

10. taz101 Oct 5, 2020

Did you say..deposits?

11. sgrossma Oct 5, 2020

When is Hodinkee going to break the news?

12. LeonDeBayonne Oct 5, 2020

Approx. the thickness of a thousand 10 dollar bills.

YY77, Pun and E-wotch like this.
  13. ReturnOfUltraman Oct 5, 2020

Once Ben finds the perfect matching sweater to go with the watch.

14. weimi1 Oct 5, 2020

On the German side it says:
    The non-limited watch is powered by the OMEGA Co-Axial Master Chronometer caliber 3861 and sold in a special presentation box.

15. TokenMao Oct 5, 2020

sorry I meant d******* ;)

16. Martin_J_N Oct 5, 2020

Yes I tend agree with you, LE's are out, production runs will be as long as there is demand.

rominvicta likes this.
  17. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

That was the clarity i was looking for. With all the discussion of LE vs LP, i was under the assumption that it would be at least limited in production in some form. Since this wasn't clearly defined in the language they used, it leads me to believe to believe that it might not even be limited in production either.

18. scapa Oct 5, 2020

I feel similarly. Thus would turn me into a 1- or maybe 2-watch guy pretty much overnight. But what a night.

R3D9 likes this.
  19. Bp1000 Oct 5, 2020

I don't think they will put a hard limit on it. They did with the 321 ed white re-issue because they have an agreement with breguet for the supply of these complicated movements, so it was wise to communicate this.

With this one, it runs with the soon to be standard (we assume) 3861, but I would be very surprised if omega flooded the AD's with these.

I would suspect this to be produced in much smaller numbers per year with AD's getting 1-4 watches per year.

Much like a green dial submariner would be to it's black dial counterpart.

hb8745, TokenMao and E-wotch like this.
  20. phooi Oct 5, 2020