Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. w@tcher Oct 5, 2020

While Omega is thinking where the money is, since the Snoopy is ready to be revealed soon...

:D

2. Martin_J_N Oct 5, 2020

No my concern is that there is a belief that once the deposit is paid it guarantees a watch, but if the popularity of the watch exceeds the allocation then there is a problem.

I don’t know how the US trading process works but it just seems odd that deposits are paid, months and weeks in advance and there is no guarantee that a watch will be available.

I am just happy that here in the UK I just have to express an interest and then work with my OB/AD. As I have bought watches from the OB I believe that I have a chance of getting a watch if I want one.

So I am just trying to get my head around how this US deposit system works and what happens if the allocation is beneath the number of deposits.

3. Hoddspur Oct 5, 2020

What are we like? Have I stumbled across TRF by accident?? :p:whistling:

redzer007 likes this.
  4. Evitzee Oct 5, 2020

7:30 am in the midwest US, I woke up thinking it would have all been revealed.overnight.

5. Martin_J_N Oct 5, 2020

It was football and Dutch cakes yesterday, it will the colour of the bezel and Snoopy’s butt tomorrow :)

YY77 likes this.
  6. Capt Cave Man Oct 5, 2020

Add products... :whistling:

My Watches.PNG
    YY77 likes this.
  7. Hoddspur Oct 5, 2020

Yes, I won’t mention the mighty Tottenham Hotspur smashing six past Man Utd yesterday if you don’t! :D:thumbsup:

simonscoffin and Martin_J_N like this.
  8. YY77 Oct 5, 2020

how about Liverpool?:eek:

simonscoffin likes this.
  9. Z06Pat Oct 5, 2020

Considering the OBs are owned directly by Omega, I'm sure they received confirmation of how many pieces are being allocated to each of them once they were allowed to start taking deposits. So the issue mentioned above shouldn't be an issue. Being a corporate owned Boutique, the communication is probably much more transparent than that between Rolex and their independently owned ADs.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  10. Martin_J_N Oct 5, 2020

Or the mighty Villa putting a goal or two past the current Champions :D

Hoddspur likes this.
  11. E-wotch Oct 5, 2020

What if there's nothing today?

Martin_J_N likes this.
  12. Martin_J_N Oct 5, 2020

Very true but also a good source of leakage if information is given to the stores.

13. Martin_J_N Oct 5, 2020

Then check the accessories page on the website and look for a Snoopy 50th paperweight :D

E-wotch likes this.
  14. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

I can't tell if you're trolling at this point
    How do you still not get it, it's been explained > 10x now?

They have the means to easily prevent that from happening. If it does happen, then you get an unhappy depositor who gets refunded. If you don't get a watch they don't just keep your money...

15. FBCello Oct 5, 2020

The reason they don't in the UK, is that for the Silver Snoopy some people did put a deposit in (I did at the time), but some clients did get them and they really got very angry, so since then, none.
    and sure there is no written waiting list but that doesn't mean it is not on the OB manager's head....

Martin_J_N likes this.
  16. Martin_J_N Oct 5, 2020

No I’m not trolling, just trying to get my head round the unshakable belief that appears to exist that once the deposit is placed it guarantees a watch.

I hope that you all get your watches, I hope that none of you that have placed a deposit miss out.

17. Omega-Q Oct 5, 2020

Those that placed deposits at OBs will most likely get their allocation. The same cannot be said for those who placed deposits at ADs.

18. Swup Oct 5, 2020

Do any of you actually know how many deposits have been made?
    This could be an ecco chamber :eek:

19. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 5, 2020

Easy, they are placing a deposit with Omega, Omega makes the watch. Omega says not enough watches they stop taking deposits. You don’t know how many deposits have been taken, it might just be 500 in the whole of the US.

Annnd exactly no one knows

Martin_J_N likes this.
  20. Omega-Q Oct 5, 2020

I heard it was unlimited production...or was it limited production...or was it limited edition? Oh sheesh...so confused now! :whistling: