Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

Back to the issue of deposits haha, but I'd have to disagree. In this specific situation, quite the opposite. If I hadn't put down a deposit I'd say my chances of getting a watch were fairly slim, whereas with the deposit I feel fairly assured of getting one.

The watch will have likely been finalized in the timeframe you proposed. But I think deposits helped HQ to confirm demand and finalize pricing just over the past few weeks.

I mean times are tough sure, but I highly doubt these deposits are being used as bridge loans.

2. Lbennett Oct 5, 2020

This isn’t a planet ocean, it’s not gonna leak...

3. midimanwatch Oct 5, 2020

It all bollocks and IMO really bad.

I have just phoned Omega UK and they don't have any clear cut information from Omega about the T&Cs and have stipulated that they DO NOT HAVE A WAITING LIST

Neither are they contacting people that think they are in a queue position somewhere.

Order are being taken on a first come serve basis as soon at they are in a position to sell the items.

So even if the watch came out and it wasn't limited it still sounds like you are going to have to be dam lucky to get one unless they decide to produce it on mass.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  4. TokenMao Oct 5, 2020

In the US it's the OBs, which are owned by Omega, who are asking for deposits, when you put down a deposit there your info gets sent to Omega HQ so they have a tally of how many people put down deposits. Once they've hit a certain # they just stop taking deposits, that minimizes the number of people who don't get a watch. I can't speak to how putting deposits for an Omega watch at an AD works, but I've gone through the deposit process with OBs for two previous LE watches and they've delivered. The only way to get hard evidence on whether deposits mean something or not is to either hear it from Omega's mouth or look at the % of people who put down deposits previously and got their watch, but like I said before I don't really understand how people outside the US can be so confident that deposits are meaningless when 1) US OBs are clearly operating off a different system given they do ask for deposits, 2) there's a track record of US customers going through the deposit process and getting watches, and 3) the people claiming deposits are meaningless know very little about the deposit process itself.

5. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

Please no more questions about the deposit process, ^ is pretty comprehensive.

If you will just compare blood pressure levels of those currently waiting in UK (no deposits, FCFS) vs those in the US with deposits, I think it will emphasize the point further.

6. orlis Oct 5, 2020

for the rest of the world, can you explain why you stick to the story there is 7000 watches? There were number of people telling you it’s limited production not LE. We willl never know how many were produced.

7. Martin_J_N Oct 5, 2020

So Omega will honour every deposit paid in the US? No, that’s not going to happen, at least I cannot see how that would work.

If the launch is limited then Omega will allocate pieces to each country around the world, until all the pieces are gone. The US will probably get a lions share due to the links with the space missions.

But the fact that you and X others have put down a deposit doesn’t mean that you will get a watch, you are only guaranteed a watch if the deposits are less than the total US allocation. If the allocation is less than the deposits then there are going to be some disappointed, frustrated and angry punters.

8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 5, 2020

It was in the bones

27262F44-C198-45FC-A360-8E4450ABA4C7.jpeg

9. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

Yes if that happens, then there will be a lot of angry depositors, which is exactly what HQ are trying to avoid. It's a very simple process like I've mentioned earlier. Take deposits until you near your allocation for that country, in this case the US. Then stop taking deposits. Why would they keep taking deposits once they've allocated all the watches? Maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems very straightforward to me.

10. Martin_J_N Oct 5, 2020

Down to whether the manager at the OB/AD likes you then, and possibly whether you have a buying history with the store.

Ooh err that sounds a bit Rolexesque.

;) ;)

11. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

Not trying to put words in your mouth, but the fact that you and some others seem so concerned about the deposit process illustrates why they have value.

IMO, waitlists here are the ones with substantially lower meaning, but it's certainly not 0. Even with that in mind, if HQ opened up a waitlist i guarantee you most people interested in the watch would jump on it, despite that.

12. FBCello Oct 5, 2020

16:00 London time

13. E-wotch Oct 5, 2020

Allow me to throw a wrench in the whole deposit conversation:

An Omega rep put me on a list about a month ago and told me that she wasn't taking deposits for the watch.....and I'm in the US.

DUN DUN DUN!!

This along with all the stories here is why I take this whole release as a pr disaster.

14. Omega-Q Oct 5, 2020

Not quite...those who put down a deposit at an Omega Boutique will most likely be guaranteed a watch...especially since some individuals announced that OBs were no longer taking deposits. Those names were sent to Omega headquarters. I'm assuming that once the U.S. allocation number was reached, they closed the deposit process.

As for the ADs, they are not guaranteed any pieces. They may get one if some names fall off the list when Omega makes their announcement, but they will not "honour" the deposit as they are outside of Omega's system in a way...

15. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

They only officially opened up deposits less than a month (~3wks) ago. Depending on when you contacted OB, deposit process may not have been given the green light yet.

16. sgrossma Oct 5, 2020

They didn't really start taking deposits until about 2 weeks ago in the US (for most people)

17. taz101 Oct 5, 2020

the word today is..deposits

18. E-wotch Oct 5, 2020

Which would mean that some people are on the list without deposits. Sounds like a mess to me.

19. Ian_km Oct 5, 2020

They usually send a tweet at 4pm UK time, as that's when I goto the gym and usually get a notification.

So that does seem a likely time.

20. E-wotch Oct 5, 2020

Maybe some folks are thinking about where that money is since there's still no Snoopy yet..? Lol